Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ It's actually making me wanna order ED a third time.

Yes, I am.

tumblr_mqrof29gM81szj14io1_400.gif

Wow, that's pretty bad! I always get ems and it's always within 7 days. Only once I had to wait longer.
Who do you order from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loontentoys. He was the cheapest ($349.99) when I bought him back on 10/6. He promised it would ship out the middle of October but it kept getting delayed. Don't get me wrong, EMS can be quick but during this time of the year the hold up is usually in customs due to the higher volume of packages they receive. I even ordered from SS assuming that Loonten wouldn't able to deliver but I changes that to flex since I'm ok with having 2. Didn't want to lose the NRD either plus I just paid for Heartbreaker, MP-21 bumblebee and VF-25S Ozma.

Just got mine. Quick first impressions in comparison to my EB robo:
- the HT color is not quite as jarringly chrome in real life as in some pictures, and it does show all the purple/blue hues more readily than the EB. Neither are screen correct and if you dont own both to compare, you would most likely be very happy with either
-the overall construction and playability of the HT is just so much more solid. Alot of engineering has gone into the articulation. Nice heft and this is not a figure one would want to leave alone for fear of breaking like the EB.
-the one area HT falls short imo is the sculpt. The EB faceplate looks way more like Weller to me than HT, and the chest armor and thigh area of the EB appear to be bulkier so you get that tank feel of robo. HT sculpt is just slightly slenderized, which is not as severe for robo as for almost all their iron man figures, but to my eyes it still looks like robo has lost a couple pounds.

Overall, very solid figure.

Just got mine. Quick first impressions in comparison to my EB robo:
- the HT color is not quite as jarringly chrome in real life as in some pictures, and it does show all the purple/blue hues more readily than the EB. Neither are screen correct and if you dont own both to compare, you would most likely be very happy with either
-the overall construction and playability of the HT is just so much more solid. Alot of engineering has gone into the articulation. Nice heft and this is not a figure one would want to leave alone for fear of breaking like the EB.
-the one area HT falls short imo is the sculpt. The EB faceplate looks way more like Weller to me than HT, and the chest armor and thigh area of the EB appear to be bulkier so you get that tank feel of robo. HT sculpt is just slightly slenderized, which is not as severe for robo as for almost all their iron man figures, but to my eyes it still looks like robo has lost a couple pounds.

Overall, very solid figure.
grats and thanks for the comparison!

They look great together! :clap But is DX13 supposed to be that much taller or is that due to the base?

I didn't like the robo base at all so dispkay him without it. The dx 13 base looks awesome tho. Arnies still taller tho without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics Keith.:clap What do you think of the paint job?

Thanks Sean :) The paint is really cool. In my house Robo's paint app looks like my pics, so I'm extremely happy. It really is something how the color changes depending on the lighting. Great looking figure :yess:

Amazing pics man, good stuff. Can even see the freckles on him.

Thanks Pop!!! If you click on my Flickr account link under my Avatar you can see the larger resolution pics. Extreme closeups :lol

Now, THIS is RoboCop.

Congrats, man, you just won the thread for the foreseeable future. :bow

Thanks Yankee, glad your liking the pics and more to come. That is just one face plate, so I still have 3 more, plus battle damage parts, and a spiked hand to photograph.

Thanks Sean :) The paint is really cool. In my house Robo's paint app looks like my pics, so I'm extremely happy. It really is something how the color changes depending on the lighting. Great looking figure :yess:

Thanks Pop!!! If you click on my Flickr account link under my Avatar you can see the larger resolution pics. Extreme closeups :lol

Thanks Yankee, glad your liking the pics and more to come. That is just one face plate, so I still have 3 more, plus battle damage parts, and a spiked hand to photograph.

Keep 'em coming, man! :clap

Is this still behind the BD Terminator as FOTY for you? :monkey3

So I've had my Robo for almost 3 weeks now and I just love it. It truly is am amazing figure and even now, after 3 weeks, I still stop and look at him every time I walk by the collection. If they had only got the color closer to the prototype then it would be just about perfect. It's still my favorite piece that I own, but the color is unquestionably inaccurate. I can see why it might turn off some of the more hardcore accuracy purists. Hot Toys got so close and then fumbled the ball near the endzone.

So I've had my Robo for almost 3 weeks now and I just love it. It truly is am amazing figure and even now, after 3 weeks, I still stop and look at him every time I walk by the collection. If they had only got the color closer to the prototype then it would be just about perfect. It's still my favorite piece that I own, but the color is unquestionably inaccurate. I can see why it might turn off some of the more hardcore accuracy purists. Hot Toys got so close and then fumbled the ball near the endzone.

I totally agree. But I've written dozens of posts in this very thread bemoaning the paint inaccuracies and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Nor has it magically changed the color of my figure.

Maybe third time's a charm (not counting the HT RoboCop 3 figure) in 2022? :lol

A snapshot I did a couple days ago. It's Peter Weller!

3_zpsb0621794.jpg

Beautiful! :clap

Back