Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My solution is to pose him in blue light.
DSCF2928.JPG

Don’t know what that means but ok…

That it's super, super bright and silver, but...

Honestly I love how it is now. I don’t like the color that people want it to be, even if it is accurate. I love the silver more than the purple/blue/whatever color it’s supposed to be.

...you like it, you win. :)

Last edited:
I'm not very bright myself, but I think those photos are a shining example of the glaring issues people are having with the figure.
I think it’s perfect, I didn’t even know people hated this until the Robocop 3 version came out 🤣

Just the colour and the fact we have to worry about arms and legs breaking off due to poor choice of plastic for joints. The figure was (and is) otherwise amazing.
I’m watching Robocop as I type this, for the first time in about 5 years. I was wrong, I always thought he was plain silver, he does have purple and blues on him. All this time I thought people were nuts wanting purplecop, turns out I’m dumb and maybe I should watch this movie more often. I think I’ve had more photo sessions with this figure in the last 5 years than the ammount of times I’ve seen this movie, so my brain just assumed hot toys got it right 🤣

But I’ve never had joint problems with this figure. You think hot toys would use diecast joints to hold a diecast figure instead of plastic. My Robocop is on a high shelf near my ceiling, if his legs ever fail I’ll have my own homemade battle damaged figure 🤣

I’m watching Robocop as I type this, for the first time in about 5 years. I was wrong, I always thought he was plain silver, he does have purple and blues on him. All this time I thought people were nuts wanting purplecop, turns out I’m dumb and maybe I should watch this movie more often. I think I’ve had more photo sessions with this figure in the last 5 years than the ammount of times I’ve seen this movie, so my brain just assumed hot toys got it right 🤣

But I’ve never had joint problems with this figure. You think hot toys would use diecast joints to hold a diecast figure instead of plastic. My Robocop is on a high shelf near my ceiling, if his legs ever fail I’ll have my own homemade battle damaged figure 🤣
For some reason HT thought Robo was silver/chrome! Makes me wonder how they could of made such a rookie error. All they needed was to look at one still from the movie showing RoboCop, to get the colour correct. Serious ball drop moment from HT. :angryfist:

Guess my shopping list just went from metallic blue, purple and gunmetal, to metallic blue, purple, gunmetal, gold, masking tape and 100% rubbing alcohol (isopropanol).

Also downloading a whole lot of reference pics to make sure I get as many nuances as possible, when I finally get to it.

Rearranging a few things lately I found the head on one of my Robos was suspiciously wobbly - yep, cracked internal socket.

It's sad but these things will just break on their own with Zero handling.
Yeah, same with mine. I just put a little blutac in the socket, I don't pose it much anyway. Sucks tho.

Back