Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Well, I see it as more of a social experiment. So far, I see that most people on facebook who are for artistic changes and screen accuracy also have interests in arts and media whereas those who are against, most of them simply don't get art or have no interest in it.

Im a photographer and a professional Graphic Design Artist. Its hard for me to NOT notice everything. :lol

Yeah and that's cool with me to each their own. Even if ht doesn't get it "perfect" to their liking they will probably still buy it. On the other hand it would be. Interesting if some of the people complaining don't even own a hot toy or even plan on buying Bane

Oh trust me, half of those people are just cyberbullies. They dont own any HT or toys in general, they're just there to spread hate and put us down. Theres always that ********* with the played out line "Get a life" or "You need to get laid" :pfft:

People have become spoiled - think back to what was considered a "great" figure 5 years ago, then go back and look at the pics for this guy again.

I dont even collect 12 inch figs but this is a must have for me...

People have become spoiled - think back to what was considered a "great" figure 5 years ago, then go back and look at the pics for this guy again.

But that's the thing.

Look at the improvement from the V1 to the 2.0

5 years means that there should be drastic improvement.

Im sorry man, but I dont get your logic.
So we're supposed to be happy with a figure that looks like it was made 5 years ago? Its not being spoiled, its expecting what we're paying for...and what the company has grown to be. This is just lack of attention on their part...and it showed through in the result.

Omg, I just spent 5 minutes looking at the comments on facebook. I thought some of the people on here were bad... some of the people on facebook are truly insane.

I bet you're referring to the whackjob that keeps calling the people voicing their criticisms "UGLY MOTHER____ERS" in all caps. I'm scared of some of the people on the HT facebook page...:lol

You wouldnt call this drastic improvement?

I bet you're referring to the whackjob that keeps calling the people voicing their criticisms "UGLY MOTHER____ERS" in all caps. I'm scared of some of the people on the HT facebook page...:lol

Yeah that guy too! Blocked. :lol
Seriously what do some of these guys have to gain? Tough talking over the internet to a bunch of toy collectors? They must still have some resolved issues from High School.

Jocks always pick on nerds. :lol

Im sorry man, but I dont get your logic.
So we're supposed to be happy with a figure that looks like it was made 5 years ago? Its not being spoiled, its expecting what we're paying for...and what the company has grown to be. This is just lack of attention on their part...and it showed through in the result.

Thats my whole point... that it DOESN'T look like a crappy fig from 5 years ago.. to me at least :dunno

Thats my whole point... that it DOESN'T look like a crappy fig from 5 years ago.. to me at least :dunno

Maybe the sculpt is up to date to their abilities. But the costume...well to be blunt just makes me think of something 5 years ago. :dunno

I love Christopher Nolan's take on Batman so I will pic this and any future release Nolan Batman ht. I own all the previous hot toys from BB and TDK because IMO this is the best and cost effective way to own a piece of my favorite movies.

Im a photographer and a professional Graphic Design Artist. Its hard for me to NOT notice everything. :lol

Interesting, we both have the same background, though professionally, I work as a freelance 3d artist with bachelor degree in graphic design and masters in film production. Attention to detail is in our blood mate!

Interesting, we both have the same background, though professionally, I work as a freelance 3d artist with bachelor degree in graphic design and masters in film production. Attention to detail is in our blood mate!

Aw man thats amazing. I respect the hell out of you brother. :hi5:
Im still just working on a certificate. No degrees for me. I work as a freelance design artist. Just doing logos, merchandise, website design, stuff like that. :)

*ahem* graphic artist here getting his degree in video production next spring.

I think the figure looks great :peace

If they can make improvements - then awesome - but if I get what I see in these pics then I'll be happy. It'll never be perfect. None of them are.

Anicom is right around the corner, I'm anxious to see what this thing looks like IRL.

*ahem* graphic artist here getting his degree in video production next spring.

I think the figure looks great :peace

If they can make improvements - then awesome - but if I get what I see in these pics then I'll be happy. It'll never be perfect. None of them are.

Right one dude! :duff

Btw, I know I get heated sometimes, and might even get annoying...but I swear Im a cool dude. Im just passionate about the hobby. :)

For those saying the mask is off please refer (with a SLIGHT angular difference between figure/screen shot):

556030_10150938810697344_600982850_n.jpg

It's damn near perfect.

Thanks... that perfectly shows the issues I have with it (at least from the front). :yess:

Back