Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the bootleg head today.
The shading and colour are slightly different, but it's CLEARLY the same head(As in a total copy). Just very slightly different paint apps.
If anyone out there wants to do a Hawkeye custom, i can recommend this sub-$30 head for it.
It's certainly close enough for me.
Here are some pics of it. All pics are of the bootleg.

IMG_3806.jpg~original

IMG_3807.jpg~original

IMG_3808.jpg~original

IMG_3810.jpg~original

I cannot believe how much he is selling for on ebay, still. Out of all of them, only he is fetching ridiculous numbers. Wonder if that's because we will see many Cap's, we have 2 BW, 2 Thor (although we have only 1 Loki and his numbers are low) and people think there will only ever be one Hawkeye....I dunno. Makes me wish I could sell mine.

HE was made in low numbers, people completing TA sets need that figure. Wait till hulk comes out. You'll really be shocked what he will fetch on eBay. (Barring rubber rot and bad QC. :lol)

ugh...hulk will dry rot just by looking at him.

I'm thinking of adding some sort of Under Armour type long sleeve shirt to help hide the elbow joints. Here's a quick photoshop mockup of my idea. Has anybody seen this done before? What are your thoughts? I'm not all about movie accuracy, just a bad *** looking figure.

I cannot believe how much he is selling for on ebay, still. Out of all of them, only he is fetching ridiculous numbers. Wonder if that's because we will see many Cap's, we have 2 BW, 2 Thor (although we have only 1 Loki and his numbers are low) and people think there will only ever be one Hawkeye....I dunno. Makes me wish I could sell mine.

I sold mine 3 months ago for $275. Should've waited. :slap

I'm thinking of adding some sort of Under Armour type long sleeve shirt to help hide the elbow joints. Here's a quick photoshop mockup of my idea. Has anybody seen this done before? What are your thoughts? I'm not all about movie accuracy, just a bad *** looking figure.

Are you going to just give him sleeves?
Or are you going to give him an undershirt? Because his top is very hard to remove.

Are you going to just give him sleeves?
Or are you going to give him an undershirt? Because his top is very hard to remove.

I was thinking a full undershirt. If the top is that hard to remove I may opt for just sleeves. Hopefully I can find something stretchy (spandex?) that won't slide down when posing.

I'll post pics when I get to that point.

I was thinking a full undershirt. If the top is that hard to remove I may opt for just sleeves. Hopefully I can find something stretchy (spandex?) that won't slide down when posing.

I was going to look at some form of elbow pad

I know you're not necessarily concerned with movie accuracy, but this would give you the best of both worlds. I think the sleeveless look is more badass than fully sleeved

elbow pads. Do eeeeeet!!

I hope he also appear in avenger 2 :clap
and would be awesome if he wearing his suit again like this
ehfg.jpg

one of the reason why I like him :)

Last edited:
I personally didn't like his costume. If he comes out in avengers 2 hope they give him a better one. But I'm also gonna try a long sleeve black shirt. I like the way it looks on the pic.

Well you have to add serious heat with a hairdryer to get it off. That melts the glue they put it together with.
Then more heat to get the waist section over his head. And the reverse to put it back on.

Well you have to add serious heat with a hairdryer to get it off. That melts the glue they put it together with.
Then more heat to get the waist section over his head. And the reverse to put it back on.

well, so much for that idea. I guess I'll just try the sleeves. I may be able to get them tucked under his uniform to at least give the illusion of a full undershirt.

Thanks for the heads up.

Back