Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i kinda feel about him the way I did with the Blade II figure

Prototype was decent to meh

Final product blew everyone away

Dear good, please let this be like Blade II.

Bad is good, but this made me laugh. "- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture". WTF is that???
I was kind of surprised no one mentioned it before. And how many hands are there going to be? 18, and none of them can hold a microphone.

Great looking figure. But this being a DX, they should have gone the 'Joker way' and include the Smooth Criminal outfit.

While I don't care about Michael Jackson, that is a well done figure

Agree. Meh choice, but nice figure.

Agreed. What is this 3 Jackson figures now by HT? I mean thats almost as many figures as they did of Iron Man or heck more than they do of some other movie lines. I guess Jackson really sells pretty well.

previous DX's had 2 sculpts,2 costumes/posing options- sonar HK bats/caped bats/cop joker,pers joker!

wheres the extras with DX03??? an extra white shirt for a £160 DX?

wheres a second non pers smooth criminal sculpt and suit??

previous DX's had 2 sculpts,2 costumes/posing options- sonar HK bats/caped bats/cop joker,pers joker!

+1

Yeah,I think the same, but I suppose Hot Toys believe comes more profitable to get a only smooth criminal...

Last edited:
Bad is good, but this made me laugh. "- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture". WTF is that???
I was kind of surprised no one mentioned it before.

I saw that too. I am certainly looking forward to seeing the MJ 'hair sculpture' in person. :p

I'm much of a fan of MJ but just some thoughts:

The figure looks fantastic but what can you expect from HT they RARELY do a sub par figure and to think it's in the proto stage.

What exactly does DX mean? I thought you'd get two figures each time when the Joker was released but no it seems that it just means they use the PERS system. While this works fantastic with MJ I think they need more accessories. DX Batman had so much I felt I was getting a new figure with my V1 and that was value for money but this brings nothing.

Bad is my favourite MJ album and I'm looking forwards to seeing the final version of it.

If they do a Black/White version I want a Slash figure.:D

I always though DX ment the "Ultimate" figure with tons of accessories and two heads but if it just means PERS then its kind of lame. Seems to me moving eyes isn't a good enough reason to start an entire new line.

Phenomenal looking figure, but I'm good with the Thriller version.

michael1.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

Awesome.

Nice looking figure but what a bummer, THIS is the next DX figure?

Not what I was hoping for. Can't believe it's a Michael Jackson figure.

Well for all of you that were hoping for it, congrats.

Agreed. What is this 3 Jackson figures now by HT? I mean thats almost as many figures as they did of Iron Man or heck more than they do of some other movie lines. I guess Jackson really sells pretty well.

HT released 3 versions of Wong Kai Kui as part of the Icons line... no one seemed to care. So why get bunched up about MJ?

And so far we have 5 Iron Mans, 3 Jokers (with 4 versions) and 4 Batmans. HT makes what sells, and as long as they keep making figures I also want I'm good with whatever they make.

review_wkk_1.jpg

HT released 3 versions of Wong Kai Kui as part of the Icons line... no one seemed to care. So why get bunched up about MJ?

And so far we have 5 Iron Mans, 3 Jokers (with 4 versions) and 4 Batmans. HT makes what sells, and as long as they keep making figures I also want I'm good with whatever they make.

:lecture
Excellent post!!!
There's also 3 Marlon Brandos....
I've noticed that whining has increased over the past couple of years...
I love HT stuff and SS stuff, I buy what I like and pass on what I don't... no need to whine about it!
:monkey3

hmmmm, not sure about this figure. i am a bit surprised that it is dx 03, but I might just get thriller instead. I'd have preferred it if they did a smooth criminal instead.

Agreed. wth hot toys :sick

As I always say, when I get a new spec I post up if no one else has.
I for one don't like trawling threads for pics and specs, I like all that gubbins on the first page!

Definitely does make it easier to find the official pics of releases, especially older releases where theres hundreds of pages, be a nightmare trying to sift through them for some pics

As for the figure, looks great. But so relieved that its not one that I'm interested in. Gives the wallet a break :D

Still though it looks great. I'm just not a fan of Jackson

Zero interest in the figure or the person, but that is about as perfect a figure as you can ask for. Very well done by Hot Toys.

Back