Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AE has 10% restocking fee?

So BBTS has no fee for cancelations?

I need to order somewhere that allows me the freedom to cancel should something terrible happen to me. Like my fiance finding out how much I'm spending on these two :)

Correct, BBTS does not have a cancellation fee. You can pre-order and then cancel at any time before they receive the item.

While I like AE and CSC for their prices, I often go with BBTS or SCS (if no NRD). Paying a bit extra is worth having the peace of mind that comes with being able to cancel an order (without penalty) if I were to run into hard times.

By the way, that enough acronyms for everybody :lol

Makes you think what the Luke DX will be priced at!!! $264 for the Joker is STEEP...but worth it.

Oh God, I don't even want to think about that right now. I'm just going to keep hoping that that one won't be up for order for a little while longer yet.

I remember Watching a documentary about Jack Nicholson in Batman and his contract for the film was a percentage of whatever the film makes FOREVER! He owns a piece of stock and the rights to this film so that may be why his likeness copyright is so high as well. And For hot toys in general, its supply and demand. If people want it bad enough Hot TOys knows people will pay it.

So Im sure Jack if not yet will know about this figure and be laughing his ass off with it sitting on his coffee table next to a good percentage of our cash going right to him.

Correct, BBTS does not have a cancellation fee. You can pre-order and then cancel at any time before they receive the item.

While I like AE and CSC for their prices, I often go with BBTS or SCS (if no NRD). Paying a bit extra is worth having the peace of mind that comes with being able to cancel an order (without penalty) if I were to run into hard times.

By the way, that enough acronyms for everybody :lol

CSC charges you if you cancel? I don't think so. I just ordered 2 of Batman and 2 of Joker and didn't even give any credit card info.

ouch.. $265 is a lot for this figure...

You can say that again. I'm going to bite the bullet here, but barring any incredible releases going forward, or a new movie I love, I've about bought something to represent all my favorite movies now. Future purchases will be spotty, and probably come by liquidating previous ones.

CSC charges you if you cancel? I don't think so. I just ordered 2 of Batman and 2 of Joker and didn't even give any credit card info.

I've never tested them, but this is what it says on the CSC site:

Why do you charge a cancellation fee for something that hasn't even arrived yet?

There are several reasons. First and foremost, we place our orders with the vendors based directly upon the pre-orders we receive from our customers. Unlike our customers, once we place those orders, getting them cancelled becomes significantly more difficult. Cancelling orders with vendors not only puts a strain on our vendor relations, it also puts us at risk of losing our place in line for our entire order. That would impact every other person that ordered the same product.

Second, because we cannot cancel our order, we're stuck paying for merchandise above and beyond what we forecasted for our business, both for existing pre-orders plus the additional stock we already feel we need for new orders that come in once the product is released. It is rarely an easy case of "Just sell it to someone else" that we sometimes hear from people.

Third, there are realized costs associated with canceling an order. There are credit card authorization fees that we incur when we accept an order (to make sure a customer's card is valid), sometimes PayPal fees that we cannot recover (depending upon order & cancel dates), fees associated with physically removing your order from our system, adjusting inventory counts, and correcting sales reporting. It would be wonderful if the people that did this stuff worked for free, but alas, they do not.

We encourage our customers to order responsibly.

If it is $265 for a DX in 2012. I am sure 2013 it will reach $300.
Maybe now is the time to get out. Pay the $220/230 for Jack Sparrow / Indiana Jones and get out of HOT TOYS!!

Paypal? I just ordered from CSC also, and you have to give them something.

Paypal? I just ordered from CSC also, and you have to give them something.

Nope, I just clicked Credit Card (without giving any info) and went straight to proceed to check out. I've ordered from them before too (recent purchase was Spider-Man and two Tech Noir T-800s).

Nope, I just clicked Credit Card (without giving any info) and went straight to proceed to check out. I've ordered from them before too (recent purchase was Spider-Man and two Tech Noir T-800s).

That's so hilarious. I'll have to remember that next time.
Have you done that before, or do you think they might be trying to contact you soon to rectify that you don't have any payment lined up for the order?

You can only pay with Paypal right away, so that doesn't help from my perspective. I will buy things in-stock from CSC only, and only using Paypal.

I ordered my Iron Man mk VI from them with no problems. Also, I googled them to see why some people (like yourself) are hesitant to order from them, and I found that their CC issues was two years ago with a lot of debate over what exactly happened anyway.

https://cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/customerservice

"ALL order cancellations and/or returns will be assessed a minimum 15% cancellation/ restocking fee. High-dollar items ($100+) and orders that are cancelled after they have already entered processing are subject to a higher cancel/restock fee of up to 25%. This is primarily because we are stuck paying the vendor for your item whether you end up purchasing it or not, plain and simple. It sucks, but it certainly isn't anything personal. The minimum cancel charge is $3.00"

Not sure how this checking out with no CC thing works. I would be afraid they would cancel my order.

That's so hilarious. I'll have to remember that next time.
Have you done that before, or do you think they might be trying to contact you soon to rectify that you don't have any payment lined up for the order?

With Spider-Man I forgot to add my three digit security code for my card and it went through anyway. I'm pretty sure that's important and it wouldn't normally go through.

Maybe they just have it on file and they'll charge me anyway? I don't know. All I know is I didn't submit any Credit Card information and I have an order number and email.

AE has 10% restocking fee?

So BBTS has no fee for cancellations?

I need to order somewhere that allows me the freedom to cancel should something terrible happen to me. Like my fiance finding out how much I'm spending on these two :)

BTW, if you're getting these two and Indy and Sparrow, you just sunk $1,000 on 4 dolls.

BBTS is the way to go then.

If memory serves AE only charges a 10% cancellation fee after your order has been placed for 30 days (I think) or more.

AE is only offering 5% off or 7% off both, they normally offer 10% off MSRP. I normally order from them but will just order these from sideshow, free shipping plus points is a little cheaper plus I can cancel the batman with no penalty...

As someone else mentioned if the DX Joker is $265, you wonder how much Luke will be, $295? and the 89 batmobile? if the tumbler was $500 and that was 2 years ago, with the way HT prices are going I can see a $699 price tag! For a 1/6 model car, thats a little :cuckoo:

I guess the only good news for everyone ordering these is that production will probably be even more limited because of the prices, they will not sell as many as they would if they were $180-$200, basic economics.

Makes you think what the Luke DX will be priced at!!! $264 for the Joker is STEEP...but worth it.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the price on this. 265$ for Hot Toys? We're in a Golden Age in the quality of mass produced 1/6 figures, but as far as pricing goes, that boat has sailed long ago :lol

Would have ordered at 200-215. Priced out of the rodeo this time :gah:

Back