Horror book recommendations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol

How was Earthcore?

It was pretty good. Kinda slow here and there but towards the end it really picked up. You really like the characters, well the ones that dont get hacked up into little pieces by monsters :lol. I guess he's got a sequel in the works and he left off with a lot of questions wanting to be answered.

I just got done with Infected last week. Currently reading Douglas Clegg's Neverland, and then I'll read Contagious.

One of the better horror books I've read in the past year or so is Dan Simmons "Terror". It's well worth a purchase or a trip to the local library.

Evan

One of the better horror books I've read in the past year or so is Dan Simmons "The Terror". It's well worth a purchase or a trip to the local library.

Evan

Easily one of the greatest books ever.

Oh and I know "The Strain" has gotten some + reviews here but tread carefully....it's the worse thing I've read since "Prey" by Crichton.

Horns is indeed awesome. Joe Hill's second novel is a solid hit, just like his first.

I love reading so I could go on for pages, and pages. Here are a few of my top recommended authors and novels.

Clive Barker
Stephen King
Brian Lumley
G.M Hague
Richard Laymon
James Herbet
Joe Hill
H.P Lovecraft
Christopher Moore (Horror/Comedy)
Poppy Z Brite (warning, not to the taste of some)

New Wilderness Trilogy. (Still waiting for part 3. The author has assured me it will be out this summer) After reading the first two books I've never looked at animals the same.
Thirteen by T.J.Arryn (Fantasy/Horror)
Psychoville by Christopher Fowler
Johannes Cabal the Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard
Pilo Family Circus by Will Elliott

I just finished The Ceremonies by T E D Klein. Might be a bit slow for some, but it was a page turner for me.

This is off the top off my head. I have many more that I could recommend.

Last edited:
Some of my favorites:
-early Barker (especially Books of Blood)
-Lovecraft
-any Joe R. lansdale books (horror or his Hap/Len series)
-World War Z
-I am Legend/Hell House

Thanks for the heads-up. David J. Skall's book on the history of Halloween is also a great read for fans of horror and the holiday.

Just got a book from Ebay called October Dreams: A Celebration of Halloween. It's a short story collection and memories from past Halloweens from a bunch of horror/scifi writers. So far it's really good...def recommend picking it up.

Back