HKFC * Hot Toys - Howard Chan Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point they might aswell make Jon Favreau's character aswell.

I find it kind of ironic that a company that became famous for its high quality, its detail and human likenesses now thrives on what is arguably the 'cheapest' looking character it could possibly put out. A ****ing red and yellow robot.

Very good Point

I'm happy with more Iron Man as long as they make a diecast Mark 3, a standalone Stark from IM 1 and Killian.

Hey they made The Crow.. so anything's possible going forward.

However - pretty crap that there was no mention of Prometheus, Batman Returns or STAR WARS!!! :gah:

I can't knock them for focusing on Iron Man. They're obviously huge sellers.

I do take some small comfort in the fact that we have gotten some other lines too. Man of Steel, G.I. Joe, Lone Ranger, The Crow, Robocop. There really is something for everyone.

I can't knock them for focusing on Iron Man. They're obviously huge sellers.

I do take some small comfort in the fact that we have gotten some other lines too. Man of Steel, G.I. Joe, Lone Ranger, The Crow, Robocop. There really is something for everyone.

Far less 'for everyone' than there used to be. Having said that, I do need a gap for financial reasons. But when that situation has resolved I hope it isn't still IronMan Toys ltd

So whats the deals with debuting products and then not putting them up for order for a long time, in some cases over a year?

Charles Xavier
Lone Ranger
Tonto
The Crow
Tony stark hoody version.
All the IM3 armours debuted at SDCC
Chitauri

They're all ready for people to order but will be a long time before all are available to order.

Cannibal Throne is around two years overdue. Xaviers been over a year and counting and Star Spangled Cap took pretty much exactly a year since he debuted before going up for order.

Hot Toys debut a figure, people want to order it but Ht doesn't make it available to order... For a long intervel after debut

I know we are all getting bored with this IM3 stuff, but.. some wishful thinking (...and I dreamed of it :gah:)
If only HT would like to make 'another' IM suit, please make a (The FIRST!) DX Iron Man for MK.42 that truly represent the movie!
I'm not picking up any suit from IM3 (I only PO'ed The Mech Test 2.0 & soon Mandarin-because it's more than enough! :nana:)

iron-man-3-poster.jpg

Basically DX Mark 42 based on this pic, it's a two pack DX, some feature & accessories would be:
- A DX RDj HS
- Flip-up helmet w/ Pepper inside
- 2 set of hands with THE REAL battle damage part just like the poster.
- Stark Mansion wreckage diorama

for this, I would sell my kidney! :pray::lecture

Hey they made The Crow.. so anything's possible going forward.

However - pretty crap that there was no mention of Prometheus, Batman Returns or STAR WARS!!! :gah:

Would really love to see more classic famous movie figures, such as The Crow.

Totally understand everybody who loves Iron Man may be happy about every Iron Man release to choose from, or to get them all if funds allow it but other licenses suffer from that imo.

Somehow I don't understand why HT doesn't seam to grow in this times, I mean they could hire more talented personnel to release more other intersting stuff, also like "Back to the future" and stuff like that at the same time as all Iron Man releases and nobody would bother about the Iron Man releases anymore. :dunno

Maybe it's about limited reliable production facilities (talking about quality and confidentiality).
All speculation and not my business but it keeps me wondering.

First Marvel DX should be Wolverine, then Iron Man MKIII DX as that's the most 'iconic' armour since it was the first red & gold

Nah, I'd very much prefer that the DX line stay DC exclusive. Marvel already takes up enough of HT, at least let the DC people have something that Marvel doesn't infect like a disease. Besides, none of these guys have anything on Batman, The Joker, Superman (we should get a Superman DX of some sort before ANY Marvel character), etc. Is Iron Man really that iconic? He's had a resurgence these past 5 years, sure, but what does that say about the status of a character when, out of a 50 year history, he's only been popular for 1/10th of that entire life cycle. I think people misinterpret "popular" for "iconic."

Would really love to see more classic famous movie figures, such as The Crow.

Totally understand everybody who loves Iron Man may be happy about every Iron Man release to choose from, or to get them all if funds allow it but other licenses suffer from that imo.

Somehow I don't understand why HT doesn't seam to grow in this times, I mean they could hire more talented personnel to release more other intersting stuff, also like "Back to the future" and stuff like that at the same time as all Iron Man releases and nobody would bother about the Iron Man releases anymore. :dunno

Maybe it's about limited reliable production facilities (talking about quality and confidentiality).
All speculation and not my business but it keeps me wondering.
I agree that it would seem sensible for them to consider growing the company either by hiring on more people or possibly another facility. I don't pretend to know their business or anything but it seems logical with their constant delays and the number of projects that they take on. They seem to have good intentions and deliver quality products but it seems like it would be more efficient rather than delaying items for months on end constantly. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Nah, I'd very much prefer that the DX line stay DC exclusive. Marvel already takes up enough of HT, at least let the DC people have something that Marvel doesn't infect like a disease. Besides, none of these guys have anything on Batman, The Joker, Superman (we should get a Superman DX of some sort before ANY Marvel character), etc. Is Iron Man really that iconic? He's had a resurgence these past 5 years, sure, but what does that say about the status of a character when, out of a 50 year history, he's only been popular for 1/10th of that entire life cycle. I think people misinterpret "popular" for "iconic."

Some would consider DX being reserved for DC properties to be a dubious kind of honour - as they hate PERS and would rather it be done away with altogether. I'd say many would be thrilled to see 'DX' being taken away and hogged by Marvel (AKA Iron Man)

Meh, it isn't Marvel's fault DC can't get out of it's own way. Truth is Superman, Batman, and Joker are all stale. DC has gone to well with these same 3 characters in film seemingly 9 million times already. Yes, let's tell the origin story of Superman, Batman and the Joker AGAIN! Is the DC universe that small and/or boring that they can't do anything else?

Marvel killed it with their character's solo films and tied all of their worlds together in the Avengers which was amazing. DC? Not so much. But hey, at least they revealed a new movie at SD Comic Con right? Who's in it you ask? You guessed it: Superman & Batman. Good job DC.

Some would consider DX being reserved for DC properties to be a dubious kind of honour - as they hate PERS and would rather it be done away with altogether. I'd say many would be thrilled to see 'DX' being taken away and hogged by Marvel (AKA Iron Man)

Eh, I'm of the opinion that, when it works, it works phenomenally (DX 08, DX 09, DX 11, and DX 13), and, when it doesn't, it's normally because they didn't treat it right. Take the DX 12, for example. Announced in July (just in time for TDKR), shipped in November, before the Blu-Ray even came out. The DX 11, on the contrary, was teased over a year before it was announced, and it faced multiple delays. That indicates, to me, at least, that the DX 12 was a rush job, rather than them actually doing it justice. I think it says something that, other than that, and the earliest DX releases, they've all been pretty great, on the DC front.

As for Iron Man, if people are saying that Bane isn't iconic enough, Iron Man most certainly is not, and before someone jumps my **** about that, Iron Man, as I said, was a nobody outside of comics before RDJ. So, I'd argue that they're pretty much on level ground.

Meh, it isn't Marvel's fault DC can't get out of it's own way. Truth is Superman, Batman, and Joker are all stale. DC has gone to well with these same 3 characters in film seemingly 9 million times already. Yes, let's tell the origin story of Superman, Batman and the Joker AGAIN! Is the DC universe that small and/or boring that they can't do anything else?

Marvel killed it with their character's solo films and tied all of their worlds together in the Avengers which was amazing. DC? Not so much. But hey, at least they revealed a new movie at SD Comic Con right? Who's in it you ask? You guessed it: Superman & Batman. Good job DC.

DC? Not so much? Last time I checked, Man of Steel was a commercial success, and a hit with audiences. Even with the "rotten" rating, the majority of those critics liked it (57>43). Why wouldn't they start with Batman and Superman? That's what people have been waiting years to see, isn't it, and the funny thing is that those solo films didn't "kill it" the way you think they did. Outside of Iron Man, they were moderate successes, both critically and commercially. So, pardon me if I find it funny that you're criticizing DC's start.

DC? Not so much? Last time I checked, Man of Steel was a commercial success, and a hit with audiences. Even with the "rotten" rating, the majority of those critics liked it (57>43). Why wouldn't they start with Batman and Superman? That's what people have been waiting years to see, isn't it, and the funny thing is that those solo films didn't "kill it" the way you think they did. Outside of Iron Man, they were moderate successes, both critically and commercially. So, pardon me if I find it funny that you're criticizing DC's start.

A "hit" gets a rotten rating and a split by critics? Interesting logic. What do you mean "start" with Batman & Superman? That's pretty much all DC has ever done. Or are you referring to starting to copy Marvel's blue print? That would make more sense. Who's been waiting to see Superman and Batman origin stories in film again? DC has been rehashing them ad nauseum. Maybe in 5 years they can have Justin Bieber don Superman's cape and do origins again.

Come on Batfan, yeah i know your not a huge Ironman fan. I'm a casual Ironman fan, i have Mark 1-3 and 7, thats it. I'm a Batman fan as well. But i mean... lets face it.. yeah.. Hot Toys right now is technically Stark Toys, but if you magically were appointed CEO of Hot Toys for a year, we all know it would instantly become Bat Toys.

Batman '89, Batman Returns, maybe some Schumacher Bats, most of Bat West's major Villans, Arkham Asylum, City, AND Origins figures, and missing Nolan figures like Ras Al Ghul, John Blake, Com. Gordon, Fox, Alfred. Maybe dip into some Year One or DKR figures. Come on... you know i'm right.

It just so happens the CEO was more of an IM fan, that also shows love for Batman too (out of 14 DX's 7 of them are from Batman).

Back