Hey, Has anyone else received this message from E-Bay...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomalas

Freaked Out
Reaction score
...about having bid on a Sideshow charity auction?

Here's a condensed copy....

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear XXXXX ([email protected]),

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 160140870771

Item Title - Samaritan Prop Replica • Arist Proof • Sideshow

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: Blah, Blah, Blah....

Anyone know what this is about? Bueller?

[/FONT]

No, but I have been getting a crap load of "you are the next high bidder" emails. Often times on items I have not even bid on.

I have come to totally disregard just about any emails I receive that are supposed to be from ebay.

I would be interested to know what happened.

Don't want to really speculate here, but I have seen a few Charity auctions get pulled by eBay in the past because people complained about them. Of course, I don't know that's what happened here, but I have seen that happen in the past. There are definitely some real "winners" out there :monkey2 that find a way to ruin anything

I was checking some auctions and saw it. I would say you have a few bidders who didn't like losing and are going to cause problems for a good cause.

I got the same email today. I was wondering why too.

I was just looking SS has left feedback on 11 items. Oddly enough one of them is not the Iron Man.

Last edited:
Unless it was in your ebay messages, I would forward it to their spoof email department. I don't remember the exact email address, but I forward all of the suspicious ebay emails I recieve to them. The phrase "copy and past the link" really bothers me. That seems like a fake.

Unless it was in your ebay messages, I would forward it to their spoof email department. I don't remember the exact email address, but I forward all of the suspicious ebay emails I recieve to them. The phrase "copy and past the link" really bothers me. That seems like a fake.

The email address to send spoofs to is [email protected] and for paypal [email protected]

I have seen them use "copy and past the link" in authentic emails before. But checking to see if the message is also in you My eBay messages list is definitely a great way to check it's authenticity.

That is a good point, but the thing that is curious is why the sideshowcollectibles account is no longer a registered user.

The email is really from ebay, and my guess one of the winning bidders is trying to defraud Sideshow and ebay in their infinite wisdom is on the wrong side (as usual).

Sideshow's ebay account is no longer a registered user, so they were suspended. 4 people left good feedback for them, including Mary Jane. Why would ebay suspend someone without just cause? There must have been some kind of proof, right? I have seen sellers suspended for Shill bidding, but I cannot imagine that of Sideshow!

I've always said it: EBAY IS ****. As long as everyone gets along fine, there's no problem, but, don't count on Ebay if you are wronged. Ebay is like a free radical. It spreads. And it will continue to gain space, and, it will win, always.

I am a regular user of eaby/paypal, but it never does cease to amaze me how they almost always seem to take the WRONG side.

It's almost like they say whoever runs and tells first ( even if it's a lie ) is right and the other side is wrong....period. There are enough people that know how to cheat the system and they get away with it because ebay is lazy and could care less.

Thats really messed-up... hopefully this hasn't affected any of the money SS raised for charity.

Although I guess this means we won't be seeing any further auctions from them :monkey2 I guess it truly was destiny that Chase got his Darkness :rock :rock :rock

Unfortunately, it could affect the money for the charity. Once an ebay seller is suspended, it releases any buyers who had transactions with them. I sure hope everyone paid before they were suspended. This is not good behavior on ebay's part, it would seem, as this was for CHARITY. The president of Sideshow should ream out the president of ebay big time!!!!

If you look at the feedback left for others it would seem that they have been paid for or at least left feedback for the Witch King Statue, Ringwraith and Steed Statue, Balrog Statue, Samaritan Prop Replica, Darkness, Yavin Luke Part Set, Bespin Han Part Set, Bubo, Mary Jane Comiquette, Jedi Luke Part Set, and the Wolverine Bust.

If I had to guess it's probably some issue with the Ironman and you know ebay the buyer is always right.

Thats really sad.

I got my Yavin Luke set without ANY problems.

I just hope I'll still get the CoA for it.

Thats really sad.

I got my Yavin Luke set without ANY problems.

I just hope I'll still get the CoA for it.

You will get it. The CoA was holding some shipments up and they are proabably going to mail them separate. My winnings are supposed to be going out tomorrow.

Paypal & Ebay are absolutely awful. I really wish some healthy competition would be introduced. Seems like the upstarts show some promise and then just die off because they can't compete with the behemoth.

Their policies suck eggs, and it's very easy to get shafted. The staff who "policy" the systems do nothing for the most part. Just scour Ebay for all the presell auctiosn beyond 30days (a violation of Ebay policy). Good luck getting your money back after Paypal's 45 day "protection" policy if the seller turns out to be a deadbeat.

I feel sorry for SSC, especially because these were charity auctions. I was under the impression Ebay was made aware prior to the auctions that they may go high and were for charity. Hopefully, SSC have some good lawyers and stick it to Pay-bay.

Back