Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Under the Skin. I'd put it in the same category as Beyond the Black Rainbow​, one of those films that pulls you along with a trance like quality.

:lol :lol :lol

Yup A24 and 50% split reaction is as common as Oscorp and angry guilty sex in line of sight of collectibles.

Now there's a commonly understood reference worth casually slipping into any random conversation, lol.

I loved Under the Skin. I'd put it in the same category as Beyond the Black Rainbow​, one of those films that pulls you along with a trance like quality.

That's a perfect way to describe it. After mentioning it in this thread I decided to play it as background while doing some chores and immediately got sucked into it all over again. Totally hypnotic and immediately rewatchable.

Well said I am in total agreement on all your points.

It took only 45 years for a movie in this specific genre to equal The Exorcist.

Not surpass it mind you because The Exorcist gets extra points for daring to go hard core in 1973!

Hmmmmmm… I am not ready to declare that yet :)

She’s also downright creepy when just staring.

Her stare is as cold as ice. No need for a black widow movie when she plays one perfectly here.

140404_MOV_UnderTheSkin.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

The beach scene is just bleak as ****, I can't imagine parents of young children not feeling disturbed after watching it.

Her stare is as cold as ice. No need for a black widow movie when she plays one perfectly here.

"Under the Skin" also highlights how wasted SJ was in "Ghost in the Shell." She can obviously nail a role like this and doesn't balk at subject matter, imagine what GITS could have been had they not played it safe.

The beach scene is just bleak as ****, I can't imagine parents of young children not feeling disturbed after watching it.

I have to wonder if the genuinely distraught 1 year old featured in that scene was the reason they didn't film the movie stateside, lol.

Hmmmmmm… I am not ready to declare that yet :)

:monkey2

How have you never heard of the film that SK was naked in??

Come on Dude!!! ;) :)

:gah: How...HOW did I overlook this!

Even my wife stopped mid walk and said “Yeah I want that too” :lol

Jeez dude you picked the EXACT scene I was referring too! :hi5:

Ice indeed.

"Under the Skin" also highlights how wasted SJ was in "Ghost in the Shell." She can obviously nail a role like this and doesn't balk at subject matter, imagine what GITS could have been had they not played it safe.

I have to wonder if the genuinely distraught 1 year old featured in that scene was the reason they didn't film the movie stateside, lol.

I’m still processing that scene it was just so matter of fact oh look a family drowning yikes

Really boring nothing of significance happens she just drives around then it just ends lol

Some cool concepts but failed at telling a coherent story.

I loved the open imagery of light and dark being used to great effect to show scale it looked like her donut shaped spaceship was surrounding the earth.

They should’ve built more around her purpose.

I loved that once she decided to be more human that she ended up experiencing both sides of the predator/prey spectrum. Her kind clearly worked together but didn't appear to have any sympathy toward one another and that seemed to be something she wanted to experience. It was pretty harsh that she ended up having to suffer pretty much everything that she did to the men. Being lured to a predatory hide-out, being doomed once she got in the predator's truck, and even seeing her own defeated "face" in her hands similar to the woman whose clothes she stole at the beginning. But even looking at the face she appeared to have a look of peace as if she realized that she had become something better after paying the price for her "sins." I just thought it was awesome how it all played out.

I also found it interesting that the most disturbing part of the film (apart from possibly the kid left on the beach) was a regular old human sex predator assaulting her and not the gory alien stuff she was doing to the men. I could see some people saying that the "message" in that regard was too heavy handed but since I do believe that human sex predators are pretty much the most evil things on the planet I can't say that I disagree.

Even apart from the ending I just loved the feeling of watching it which pretty much transcended the story (or lack thereof if you will) not unlike the recent "Annihilation."

That’s all fine but couldn’t they have at least given her something faster than a mini bus van to drive it’s not like she killed in that damn slow truck.

Oh just be quiet and watch this jye. And then once you grasp it better I want you to come back and give it an even better review than before or no tea for you! :thwak

I also found it interesting that the most disturbing part of the film (apart from possibly the kid left on the beach) was a regular old human sex predator assaulting her and not the gory alien stuff she was doing to the men. I could see some people saying that the "message" in that regard was too heavy handed but since I do believe that human sex predators are pretty much the most evil things on the planet I can't say that I disagree.

Even apart from the ending I just loved the feeling of watching it which pretty much transcended the story (or lack thereof if you will) not unlike the recent "Annihilation."

I would hope that the rapist was scarred and forever ****ed for life after having seeing that backfire on him and felt shame knowing that he tried raping a beautiful woman. Sucks that he got away and she perished but he won't be touching anyone ever again after seeing that, though I have no clue how that part differs from the book.

From the extras I saw on the Blu-ray years ago, the actor that played him (nice dude from the sounds of it) was a bit uneasy doing that scene and kept asking if Scarjo was okay but she was okay and they went with it.

You guys should read the book. It's ****ing vile. And has a reasonable storyline.

They abstracted everything so much in the movie it was incomprehensible what was actually supposed to be going on most of the time.

Last edited:
Back