Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I don't know if I am happy or sad that movies don't effect me like this :lol

See if I were you I'd be sad. :) I never actually want to get to the point where I can just watch anything on screen, no matter how disturbing or gruesome, and not be affected. For that reason I pretty much skip 90% of all modern horror movies (A24 films are just so damn artistic that they've been pulling me in, lol.)

See I think Hereditary didn’t go far enough.

If you’re going to go disturbing then GO DISTURBING!

As if a king of Hell wouldn’t immediately butt slam the bent over decapitated Grandmother, Mother and even young sister.

As if a king of Hell would all of a sudden have morals. :lol

Sure i’m not saying show it but at least imply it and show at least some of the grandmother lol

I mean they’re already bent over he’s halfway there!

That is Paimon’s gratitude his followers would actually welcome it.

Now THAT IS DISTURBING!

That would surpass even the Exorcist!

Hey look it’s a movie about a KING OF HELL don’t blame me lol

Last edited:

As if a king of Hell wouldn’t immediately butt slam the bent over decapitated Grandmother, Mother and even young sister.

Sure i’m not saying show it but at least imply it and show at least some of the grandmother lol

Now THAT IS DISTURBING!

hA52227A1

:lol

Boring movie. Could've enough money for 2 medium Domino pie with 2 topping. But no.

Now THAT IS DISTURBING!

Butting a devote is a no, no.

Where is crows when you need him/her. :lol

You will have to use this movie's magic to conjure him from the abyss of bandom.

Just got back from seeing Hereditary and was blown away by it. Basically a great homage to all of the Satanic films of the '70s, both classic and schlocky, with a lot of European horror (Argento, Fulci, etc...) thrown in for greatness. Loved the atmosphere, dread and potency of just how disturbing it was. Makes a lot of the same points and has a very similar trajectory to The Witch. Funny enough, it's basically the core story at the heart of The Paranormal Activity films done perfectly. The acting and the cinematography were masterful. Wow. Sinister and heinous as dare I say, Hell itself. And no punches pulled. The ending is just classic. Bleak, dangerous and ****ing evil. Ann Dowd has become for my money the best actor out there to play characters you truly want to strangle. She is just so damn great at bringing the diabolical to the screen these days whether in The Leftovers, The Handmaid's Tale or this film.

I want a King Paimon vs. Black Phillip film. We need this!

I was frightened as all hell during that ending. :lol

It is without a doubt, one of the most sinister things EVER put on film in recent memory. That's why it is totally dangerous and brilliant. Yes, indeed. It is a horrific celebration of a decapitated little girl and the need to use her as a vessel to bring a King of Hell to Earth. ****! Utterly monsterous and beyond the pale. That's why it is an instant classic. This is a film, where they go there. And they don't give two ****ing ****s whether you like it or not!

Well said I am in total agreement on all your points.

It took only 45 years for a movie in this specific genre to equal The Exorcist.

Not surpass it mind you because The Exorcist gets extra points for daring to go hard core in 1973!

Last edited:
Okay I've got to bump this thread even though it's for a different movie. I just finished watching the 2013 Scarlett Johansson flick "Under the Skin" which I didn't even know was by A24. Holy crap. It's like the freaking "Hereditary" version of "Species." Artsy, explicit as hell, with a creepy ass score and an absolutely powerhouse ending. I'm blown away that its most disturbing scene was what it was compared to what happened throughout the rest of the flick. Man I love what A24 is willing to greenlight.

Now that A24 flicks are a bona fide "thing" and it stars Johansson no less I honestly think that they should seriously considering giving it a theatrical re-release. It came out just barely a few years before its time.

Last edited:
Wait wut never heard of it!

SJ and A24 WTF!!!!!!

I am sooooo watching that as soon as I can.

Dude, do it!

I just pulled up the trailer which doesn't give too much away, as you can see just from these clips it's a legit A24 flick starring SJ just waiting for you to watch it!!!

Streaming on Netflix right now! WAY more "Black Widow" than Black Widow ever dreamed to be, lol.

Back