Help me with my SMELLY FRANKENSTEIN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ahhh, the joys of ebay!

I just got a Frankenstein Monster PF (from the first movie) from an ebay purchase. As soon as I opened the box, I got hit with a strong odor of cigarette smoke.

The figure itself, including the base, smells of smoke. I have since placed him outside on the deck to air out. I'm going to take him in later tonight so animals don't try to use his clothes for a nest!

Any ideas on how I could get the smell out? I read that a small dish of white vinegar near the smelly item could work. Any other ideas?

I'm sorry that I don't... but that is very very sad. I'd be pretty bummed. :(
But then, I can't stand the smell of that smoke.

I'm sure someone wise in these matters will help you. :D

Stick him in a bag with fabric softner (bounce) Seal it up and give it a day or so and then check for results. :D

Edit, I should mention that the bag and the bounce should be tight around the statue, not loose. :D

Last edited:
maybe try to wrap him in fabric softner sheets, and leave him out in the open air.

I once bought a curio at a steal of a price, $60 for a good $300 curio. Catch was it stunk of smoke. Took a good 12 months for it to finally stop smelling. I wiped it with pledge often too.

the smell will dissipate, over time. Is it stained at all? Cig smoke will turn cloth yellowish.

The color of the statue is perfect. It looks brand new. After several hours outside and then all night sitting next to a small dish of vinegar, the smell seems to have virtually disappeared!

I thought it'd never get out of the foam in the box, but that seems to have gone the fastest.

Worse comes to worst, I could sell him as the special variant figure from the burning mill scene! :p

I spoke too soon! There is still a slight odor to it. I smelled it when I woke up and I guess my nose wasn't working properly!

Frank is going outdoors again today (in the shade, of course). I will try the dryer sheet method tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Wouldn't dryer sheets just be a 'cover up'?

You want to 'remove' the smell. I'd say buy some of this:

https://www.kidsnpetsbrand.com/

and then wrap his head and hands with some Saran wrap (plastic wrap) and give the clothing a nice even coating of that. Febreze would work as well.

I think dryer sheets also absorb smells in addition to smelling nice themselves... I could be wrong about that though. I just know they work and even after a very long time you don't get a recurrence of the smoker's stank.

Heh heh. Mary SMELLY's Frankenstien!

Damn, I should be writing Garbage Pail Kid cards! :monkey5

My wife uses fab softner sheets too to take the smell of a house with 4 cats out of her ball-jointed-dolls. It works pretty good.

All the time I've spent deodorizing it has made me appreciate the figure more. It's larger than other PFs and it doesn't look good next to them. It's more like a really detailed doll. It's a cool Frank piece but certainly not a PF to place with the others. They seem to have made the scale more standard since this really early piece in the PF line.

Smokers are so gross. They really have no clue how bad they or their stuff stinks. It's kind of sad. LOL

BB

Smokers are so gross. They really have no clue how bad they or their stuff stinks. It's kind of sad. LOL

BB

Oh they do. That's why they inconsiderately smoke outside so that their stuff (for the most part) doesn't smell like an ash tray while everybody else has to smell their filthy habit. :monkey4:monkey4

I hate cigarette smoke myself, it instantly sets of migraine headaches for some reason.

When I get something smelling that way, I usually just put it on a distant shelf where I won't be able to smell it, and after some time (maybe a few weeks) the smell seems to go away. I guess I'll have to try the dryer sheet method myself in the future.

Back