He is also the Law - 1/6 VTS Justice Judge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After rewatching the movie a couple nights ago I'm still feeling tempted, as Stallone did make for a pretty memorable Dredd in those early scenes (at least a really over the top version of the character).

I just got my Dredd out of the box and on display and I must admit that I'm very impressed with it. As most have mentioned the chain is a pain to pose due to the magnet but I managed to dull the power of it enough using a small part of a flattened packing peanut to get it to sit right.

It's really nicely put together and sits in well with my other Dreads of the same scale. I have the Jack Burton Sideshow figure and must say that the head sculpt looks better than that for likeness and at almost half the cost (I'm UK based), it's a winner for me.

I think if you're on the fence for this figure and like Dredd then it's worth puling the trigger on as I think I prefer it to the 3A version

Got mine this week. It's a big improvement over the Xensation version, but there are still a few things that bug me. The single joint elbows are disappointing. They are covered and since the shoulder armour restricts upper arm movement, it's logical to give as much movement as possible to the lower arms to make up for it. The aforementioned magnets. The belt pouch that sits off centre. I will rectify this by pulling it off and drilling a new hole into the belt, in the correct position. The boots look nice but have no movement whatsoever.

I would have liked swappable faces on the helmeted head, similar to HT. I think i will pick up one of the Ganghood Rambo heads and try making it interchangeable, for a more neutral expression.

If the figure proves popular enough. maybe we'll get the bike or one of the Judge Hunters.

OMG this figure is SO GOOD in hand!!

JvfuLaO.jpg

cAM9N1v.jpg

Qx4hHev.jpg

Got mine this week. It's a big improvement over the Xensation version, but there are still a few things that bug me. The single joint elbows are disappointing. They are covered and since the shoulder armour restricts upper arm movement, it's logical to give as much movement as possible to the lower arms to make up for it. The aforementioned magnets. The belt pouch that sits off centre. I will rectify this by pulling it off and drilling a new hole into the belt, in the correct position. The boots look nice but have no movement whatsoever.

I would have liked swappable faces on the helmeted head, similar to HT. I think i will pick up one of the Ganghood Rambo heads and try making it interchangeable, for a more neutral expression.

If the figure proves popular enough. maybe we'll get the bike or one of the Judge Hunters.

I hope so :pray:

Got my Dredd today! I decided to mod this figure using the GangHood Muscular Body 1.0. I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Every piece of his outfit fit just fine however the belt just bearly went around his waist. The ganghood's lower feet were really skinny compared to the body that came with the figure, So I had to add some slight badding around that area.

I'm really impressed by this piece overall, and I'm glad I went for it.

dredd pieni 7.jpg

dredd pieni 1.jpg

dredd pieni 2.jpg

dredd pieni 3.jpg

dredd pieni 4.jpg

dredd pieni 5.jpg

dredd pieni 6.jpg

Loving the changes to this figure. The body swap really adds to it . I don't have a suitable body to swap - can't find one so I'm going to Frankenstein one with some of the parts etc I have from various figure customs over the years.

shells075 You've really got a flair for this. What did you paint on the sculpt ?

Does anyone know where to buy some of the elastic used on this figure ? I'd like to put elastic on the knee pads Instead of the plastic straps .

Loving the changes to this figure. The body swap really adds to it . I don't have a suitable body to swap - can't find one so I'm going to Frankenstein one with some of the parts etc I have from various figure customs over the years.

shells075 You've really got a flair for this. What did you paint on the sculpt ?

Thanks.
I used some wood polish on the sculpt, just to give it that tanned grimy dirty look, just use a tiny amount on the neck and head with a small paint brush. I also mixed some black paint in water and carefully applied to his beard area to give him the 5 o'clock shadow look.

Thank you. I've somehow managed to damage the belt when trying to remove the pouches. :( I'm going to have to make a new belt from a cable tie. Luckily the holster attachment is removable.

Look at the flex for the material in the shoulder - damn, wish they found a way to do that.

The parts on the original would all be fixed separately, but I agree that it would be a cool feature to have.

I've been thinking about removing the epaulettes on the uniform so that the armour sits lower on the shoulders. This may allow the figure to hold the pistol facing up. It may also help the arms pose better downwards too.

Back