HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be interesting if Brand can somehow get within range and control a dragon, ohhh, ahhh. Oh, or does he only control raven? He control Hodo, so.... Recall a thin baddie controlled a hawk sometime back.

Be interesting if Brand can somehow get within range and control a dragon, ohhh, ahhh. Oh, or does he only control raven? He control Hodo, so.... Recall a thin baddie controlled a hawk sometime back.

Correct. He is a natural Warg so he can get inside the mind of most animals.

Ravens and birds are the easiest according to the books but all manner of beasts can be controlled.

Whether he can Warg into a dragon has yet to be seen and been a point of debate since we learned of his abilities.

He also seems to be getting stronger as we saw him Warg into the entire flock of ravens and fly north of the wall to see the army of the dead. But perhaps not strong enough to withstand the Night Kings influence since it only took one look from him to knock Bran out of the ravens.

Very true. But then again the Stark's weren't as prone to incest as the Targaryen's were.

It does bring up an interesting point though. Given the Targaryen's tendency to marry siblings, were "pure blood" Targaryens considered more true born by the family?

It's possible. Yes. But those are two different terms. Pure blood and true blood have always had different meanings. To be a pure blood you would have to intermarry your own family or bloodline. Could be an aunt or nephew. Hint hint.

But that has always seemed to sow problems for the family. Creating madness or physical afflictions like dwarfism or simplemindedness. Even the Baratheon's had Targaryen blood. Robert and his two brothers Stannis and Renley had a Targaryen grandmother.

Still in Westeros the line of succession has always been very clear. The Kings first born male heir is destined to be king so any child from that line would have the best claim on the throne unless it was contested. If there are no male children from that line then it would go to the next male sibling like Viserys. That's why he always said the throne was his by rights because all of Rhaegar's children were killed by the Mountain.

So therefore the throne then passes to Daenerys since she is only living child of the Mad King. Once Jon's lineage has been confirmed, under much strife I would assume, He will have the greatest claim under Westerosi law. But jon being the honorable man Ned Stark raised him to be would not take it unless it was thrust upon him.

Technically, wouldn't honor compell him to take the throne? I agree he doesn't want it but Ned was all about the rules, to a fault. Then again Jon broke his celibacy vowand is technically a zombie so who knows where his head is at....

He never wanted to be a king in the North either. He accepted it after the lords of the north proclaimed him so. He would have rather seen Sansa rule but since she stepped down and allowed him to, he accepted the responsibility.

I'm not sure how Jon will react after learning his heritage. Not sure how the Lords of the North or his own family will react when they find out but it will be interesting to see how he and those around him come to terms with it. Will they accept him? Exalt him? Betray him? Banish him? Kill him? No one knows.

We have all accepted it because we've been waiting for it and await his revelation but how will the characters in the show react? Will Dani be jealous of his claim? Will she still have feelings for him after she finds out she's his Aunt? So many questions. So little episodes left to explain them.

He never wanted to be a king in the North either. He accepted it after the lords of the north proclaimed him so. He would have rather seen Sansa rule but since she stepped down and allowed him to, he accepted the responsibility.

I'm not sure how Jon will react after learning his heritage. Not sure how the Lords of the North or his own family will react when they find out but it will be interesting to see how he and those around him come to terms with it. Will they accept him? Exalt him? Betray him? Banish him? Kill him? No one knows.

We have all accepted it because we've been waiting for it and await his revelation but how will the characters in the show react? Will Dani be jealous of his claim? Will she still have feelings for him after she finds out she's his Aunt? So many questions. So little episodes left to explain them.

Yeah, all good questions. My guess is that his remaining family will be fine with it as they are young and don't seem to put stock in the traditional bias of the realm. The northern lords may see it differently. But that question is more complicated - do the northerners learn of Jon's heritage before or after he tells them he bent the knee to a Targ? If Bran decides to be of any use at all he and Jon should have a conversation immediately upon Jon's return. But that may not serve the drama.

The fast-forward nature of this season and presumably the next is frustrating/rewarding for different reasons. I just hope George's poor heart doesn't throw in the towel before we get the lengthier conclusion.

You and me both. I really hope he is able to finish the books sooner than later. Can't wait to read his vision straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

I've seen a few theory videos/articles about the Sansa/Arya situation. One suggests it's possible that they are both playing little finger to catch him in a trap and take him down but the more I watch the episode it seems more likely that Sansa is planning to do something horrible to Arya.

Hence the reason she sent Brianne away so she could not intervene in Sansa's plans. I hope that's not the case. I really hope they can get over their crap and be a family again but this show seems to tear people apart all to well.

There's so much evidence for different theories. Both of them have learned a lot but the cost was horrendous trauma. Do you learn from negative input or perpetuate it? I would like to think they are both wise enough to see through LF but they are basically strangers to each other at this point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

More book spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

He didn't Zigzag.

Really good episode. Much of it was predictable, but one thing I did not see happening was Jaimie doing what he did. I thought after Cersei's earlier threat toward Tyrion that didn't pan out, she might actually order the Mountain to finish him there.

I fear for poor Bronn now. :(

Back