HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They dialed back on some of the 300 influences that were present early on.

Vikings - I watch it, but personally I find it hard to like anyone in it. The constant changing of allegiances in seemingly short periods of time (when you binge watch) are annoying, some of the Floki stuff bores me. So, for me, Vikings is good but not great.

Can't win 'em all.
True there are more virtuous characters in GOT; John Snow, Tyrion Lannister to name the best, unfortunately in the end they didn't matter at all.

It's good, but I wouldn't say great, expect it to go way over the top with bloodshed and nudity. It had a bit of the "300 CGI background" sepia tone aesthetic.
I'd recommend Vikings over Spartacus, 5 solid seasons so far and better than Game Of Thrones, yeah I said it. :nana:

Yeah, I couldn't get past the camera action, editing and image style of Spartacus. I think I made it 30 minutes into one episode, which was about the same amount of time I lasted through 300 before pulling the plug. Much prefer the vibe of Rome.

I enjoyed Vikings until the final season, when one of the pivotal characters was turned into a ridiculous caricature. If you haven't already found it, The Last Kingdom is a solid companion series to Vikings. Takes place in an overlapping time period, but more from the English perspective.

Yeah, I couldn't get past the camera action, editing and image style of Spartacus. I think I made it 30 minutes into one episode, which was about the same amount of time I lasted through 300 before pulling the plug. Much prefer the vibe of Rome.

Oooh I also certainly recommend Rome. I'm well overdue to rewatch that.

Rome is my favorite series. The first time I bought a complete series on Blu Ray is for Rome.
But it's much less fantasy than the previous series mentioned. It's in a separate category for me, more historical fiction than the others.

Began watching GOT for the first time 2 months ago and just finished the series a couple days ago. Pretty incredible up until the last 3 episodes. Not too happy with the ending and I now understand the fans outrage. Wasn't a completely terrible way to wrap it all up but not very satisfying.

A990C6F6-5881-427C-ACEE-C3DC5B5F2726.jpeg

Carice was nominated for guest appearance at the Emmy's this year. I think all of the cast that appeared on stage were the ones nominated for their performances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Carice was nominated for guest appearance at the Emmy's this year. I think all of the cast that appeared on stage were the ones nominated for their performances.

Ah, that would make sense.

He's not blind.

He wears glasses, but not blind.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sorry, I meant 'bland'.

:)

Back