HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15F199F1-5C75-448E-93B7-AC6CC1BBE15A.jpg

Writer missteps aside some good did come out of season 8 and a lot of it was from composer Ramin Djawadi.
Spend a few bucks and download “The Night King” track from the battle of Winterfell episode.
A really haunting and beautiful piece. He should get the Emmy for that piece alone.

Last edited:
I got the impression from listening to that podcast that it was hypothetical, that the director is giving an example of what not to do, a big CGI beast fight.

But we got that with the dragons clawing at each other in the sky.
Direwolves would’ve been more symbolic given the sigil of Winterfell, and would’ve given Bran something more to do if he was warging them in battle.

But we got that with the dragons clawing at each other in the sky.
Direwolves would’ve been more symbolic given the sigil of Winterfell, and would’ve given Bran something more to do if he was warging them in battle.

You wont get an argument from me, Direwolves vs. Dragons might've been better than what we got.

I don’t understand all the hand-wringing in here. D&B were told to wrap it up within a very finite space of time and resources. Not sure anyone could have done much better on the whole.

I don’t understand all the hand-wringing in here. D&B were told to wrap it up within a very finite space of time and resources. Not sure anyone could have done much better on the whole.

I'll allow that is indeed a fair point and a good reminder that they were part of a big machine with a lot of moving parts. :lecture

*Immediately goes back to hand-wringing* ;)

I don't believe that's correct. D&B have stated in interviews that HBO wanted more episodes.

The final season of Game of Thrones premieres on April 14, and it will end next week. The show was cut to seven episodes last season and just six this time, and many fans wondered why that was, or how the conclusion would fit into so little time. The creators and showrunners of the TV adaptation, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, actually gave an answer to that in an April interview with Entertainment Weekly.

"HBO would have been happy for the show to keep going, to have more episodes in the final season," Benioff said. "We always believed it was about 73 hours, and it will be roughly that. As much as they wanted more, they understood that this is where the story ends."

Some fans are outraged over the statement, feeling that the plot lines of the last two seasons could have used more time to be fleshed out. This sentiment has grown in the final season, especially after Daenerys' heel turn into insanity in "The Bells. Making it worse, Weiss made it perfectly clear that there were no limiting factors from a production standpoint.

Last edited:
I don't believe that's correct. D&B have stated in interviews that HBO wanted more episodes.

Yep, I also heard that George R. Martin has said both he and HBO wanted more.
D&B were eager to jump into Star Wars. Reportedly, George Lucas visited the GOT set one day and even directed a scene.

Back