HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have liked a little bit of an epilogue with Drogan and Dany's corpse in old Valerya. Maybe showing that there are actually some more dragons there.

yea, I didn't mind what the final end was for Jon, but the way we got there was not fluid and unsatisfying. I would've rather seen Arya kill Dany; Jon takes the fall and flees with the wildlings into exile. How did they completely skip over the fact that Sansa started all this and betrayed Jon from the get go, yet he wasn't angry at all with her? I was really wanting to see some shred of evidence that the WW's still existed and would've been a threat much further into the future again.

I agree, the last shot of the show should have been Jon and Tormund finding fresh White Walker symbols in the forest.

D7ADCDA5-E88A-48CE-9D04-1D3DC926F41F.jpg

Truly awful ending all around.

Arya’s sudden interest in sea exploration, while never actually explaining/resolving the Faceless Men story arc, is the failure of the show in a nutshell.

I never read any spoilers. I was bracing myself for the worst.

Instead, we got a happier ending than I ever thought possible. I loved it. I can't help it. I've grown to love these characters over the 8 or 9 years, and I didn't want to see them die in any more "shocking" twist death scenes.

Yes, the shot of Daenerys in full Nazi stormtrooper gear with those giant devil wings spread behind her was a really, really cool shot. But I felt like her character was ruined seasons ago, so I was glad that she was the only casualty this episode. I thought for sure they'd drag out another big battle just to kill beloved supporting characters like Davos and Bronn and Podric, just for the shock value. I breathed a sigh of relief that they all lived...hell, even Grey Worm lived, but he's never gonna find another hot piece like Missandei.

And all those people that whined about Jon not "hugging" Ghost can shut the hell up now...they live happily ever after.

My butthole was a little clenched though....I thought for sure at the very end, some random kid was gonna turn to the camera and flash blue White Walker eyes. Thank god they showed restraint and didn't end on the dumbest horror movie cliche ending possible.

And then the theme song played....with LYRICS! Come on...nobody got a little choked up hearing that? Knowing that this is IT? The last ever episode?

I'm just in awe of the happy ending. I'm sure Martin's ending would have been filled with a lot more death and heartbreak, but obviously we'll never know. They'll publish the books with a ghost writer after he dies, but he sure as hell is never finishing the story.

I guess some people wanted more blood? I've had enough death and destruction. I loved that it ended on such a happy note. Yeah, this season's been all over the place, but the ending totally worked for me.

I enjoyed the finale more than I thought I would. The first half was quite good. I loved Emilia's scenes, she really hit it out of the park. Jon truly did love her, even after everything. Killing her broke him.

Drogon destroying the throne was a surprise, but I loved that. Dany never actually sat in it, but she was the last one to ever touch it. I would have liked a final scene of Drogon back in the East. Where would he have taken Dany's body?

After that, I found it all a bit dull. I'm not a fan of Sansa at all, for her to just proclaim the North free just seemed like a power grab to me. I would have preferred all the kingdoms separate because why does the North get a say while the others have to remain within the kingdom?

I would have liked a final scene between Sam and Jon considering they were best friends and had been through so much together.

I can see the bittersweet ending is really about the Starks. They all end up going their separate ways, Arya unlikely to see them ever again.

The table meeting at the end seemed a little too jovial and out of place to me.

I'm glad Grey Worm survived and decided on going to Naarth, just as he and Missandei had planned.

I guess the Dothraki just fit in at King's Landing? Or did they end up taking lands that Davos had offered up?

Overall it was an okay ending. Not how I would have liked to see it end, but okay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m not sure how they could have ended the series in a manner that would have satisfied every fan of Game of Thrones.

I’ve watched the series from the beginning and am sad to see it end. While the final season may not have been as satisfying as what came before, for my money GOT has been the best series in the history of television.

Couldn't agree more. :exactly:

Cersei's demise was my biggest disappointment.

Part of the grab of this series was the horrible deaths -- both the deliciously cruel ways the villains died and the surprising and sometimes infuriating ways the hero characters died. Neither of which happened in Season 8.

I wanted something more for Cersi as well. She deserved to die more horrific due to the evilness and sins in her life. But at least she didn't get away and got killed by falling Rocks.

60209848_2299865563390110_4534914105076613120_n.jpg

Of the whole season, I expected more of the Night King & friends. Their deaths reminded me of the original Avengers movie where all the villains dropped over so suddenly despite their defeat. Too quick, too easy. The Night King arc ended not with a bang, but a whimper.

It would have been nice to see THE HOUND survive his brother and found new purpose with Arya on the boat

One of my favorite characters in the entire series. It would have been nice to see him survive, however he did go out as expected and with respect to his character! RIP Hound. You fought well. :(

...and the Threezero Jon Snow/Nights Watch figure sky rockets into the stratosphere never again to be owned by non Powerball winners.

Bittersweet is right.
Overall happy with the ending.
I knew they’d have that scene with Brienne writing Ser Jaime Lannister’s legacy in that book.

Finally,
That image of Dany walking toward the camera with Drogons wings unfolding and spreading behind her was extremely powerful and sealed the deal symbolically that she was too far gone sadly.
View attachment 454463

I'm hoping now with this series concluded that some of the exclusives of the older figures will eventually drop in price. I have all of the 3Z figures but had to settle with standards eds of Ned, Dany, and Tyrion. (for now) Someday, I hope to get the exclusives to fully wrap my collection.

Brienne finishing the pages in regards to Jaime was a nice touch and truly fitting.

And indeed, Drogon's wings unfolding behind Dany was a powerful shot and symbolic. That was great! :clap

Only reason I can muster is that it's still a holding place or gulag for bastards and broken things.

Just checked eBay and wow. Thought it would've gone down with the 2.0 but I guess there's a re-surged market for it now with the ending.

Darn. I'm still holding out hope I can eventually score a couple of exclusives to replace my standards. Luckily, I was able to obtain Jon 1.0 & his Ghost thanks to some great members here! Thank you again. You know who you are! :wink1:

I never read any spoilers. I was bracing myself for the worst.

Instead, we got a happier ending than I ever thought possible. I loved it. I can't help it. I've grown to love these characters over the 8 or 9 years, and I didn't want to see them die in any more "shocking" twist death scenes.

Yes, the shot of Daenerys in full Nazi stormtrooper gear with those giant devil wings spread behind her was a really, really cool shot. But I felt like her character was ruined seasons ago, so I was glad that she was the only casualty this episode. I thought for sure they'd drag out another big battle just to kill beloved supporting characters like Davos and Bronn and Podric, just for the shock value. I breathed a sigh of relief that they all lived...hell, even Grey Worm lived, but he's never gonna find another hot piece like Missandei.

And all those people that whined about Jon not "hugging" Ghost can shut the hell up now...they live happily ever after.

My butthole was a little clenched though....I thought for sure at the very end, some random kid was gonna turn to the camera and flash blue White Walker eyes. Thank god they showed restraint and didn't end on the dumbest horror movie cliche ending possible.

And then the theme song played....with LYRICS! Come on...nobody got a little choked up hearing that? Knowing that this is IT? The last ever episode?

I'm just in awe of the happy ending. I'm sure Martin's ending would have been filled with a lot more death and heartbreak, but obviously we'll never know. They'll publish the books with a ghost writer after he dies, but he sure as hell is never finishing the story.

I guess some people wanted more blood? I've had enough death and destruction. I loved that it ended on such a happy note. Yeah, this season's been all over the place, but the ending totally worked for me.

I have nothing else to say about your post.

:exactly::goodpost:

I will say I never really once bought the rushed chemistry or connection between Jon and Dany on the show, unlike so many other relationships that had been built up with time. Jaime and Brienne is a great contrasting example of where I would have felt real feelings had one of them literally betrayed and stabbed the other to death. Which reminds me—does this make Jon the Queen Slayer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was an ok ending. The one point that bothered me was letting Tyrion dictate what everyone should do. He’s a prisoner of war and they’re Letting him dictate their future.

It was an ok ending. The one point that bothered me was letting Tyrion dictate what everyone should do. He’s a prisoner of war and they’re Letting him dictate their future.
I didn't like that whole scene tbh. How did Grey Worm know Jon killed Dany, did he just admit it? If so why wouldn't he have just killed him rather than lock him up and have some meeting arranged with all the heads of the surviving houses?

Why would Yara just stay under the rule of the King when Sansa just asks for the North to be free? The Iron Islands were ruled by the Starks and wanted their freedom for years. Considering she had bent the knee for Daenerys, you'd think she'd just ask the same as Sansa has.

Bran choosing Tyrion as his Hand was just stupid too.

This entire sequence was just so dull and tried to be funny in some awkward moments.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back