HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, I only remember them focusing on the three actors in the teaser -- them all looking on at their own statues. Could be they all die. Jon will. Arya should. But Sansa? Not sure why she has too.

But everyone will die eventually. I mean within the show. I felt like they were looking at their destiny/future. So if this means anything, it means Sansa has yet to do something significant... or die.
Valar Morghoulis

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Was that so hard!?
B82CB1C5-3F59-4EAD-A104-6D801EE71ACC.jpeg

How do you top Ned's beheading or the Red Wedding? Those were real shockers.

I suppose if Cersei shot Dani and Tyrion and then walked away with Euron and the screen went to black/credits... that would be a good shocker.

But I bet people would still complain.

We've reached a point where people want closure, which means wrap it up satisfactorily -- and no one seems to be able to agree on that. If they do what they did best -- shock -- no one will be satisfied. Although, that's what made the show great.

Part of the problem is that I think its becoming clear that 6 episodes was too short of a time to wrap up the story. While it is admirable that they didn't want to stretch the story out for the sake of more money, rushing it is the opposite extreme. Because of this, characters have been forced to places they need to be rather than letting them develop their way their naturally.

And speaking of opposite extremes, just because people don't want things wrapped up in a nice neat way doesn't mean they want the showrunners to "subvert our expectations" in the same way that the Last Jedi did; ie: having characters make extremely out of character decisions or narrativly unsatisfying plot developments just for the sake of surprise. Rather Game of Thrones biggest strength in the earlier seasons was being able to hit that perfect middle ground between the two. Having plot twists that the audience didn't see coming, but still felt appropriate and made sense in retrospect.

An example of this is Ned's death. While it was shocking that the main hero of the show got killed off in the first season, given Joffery's sadistic tendencies it was a completely in character decision for him to make.

Contrast this with the Battle of the North a couple weeks back. Given the scale and danger of the enemy our heroes were facing it would have made sense that in that massive of a battle we would have seen some pretty substantial casualties, including main characters who we really weren't ready to see go out without a proper narrative resolution. Almost anyone except for maybe Jon and Danny could have been killed. Because that is what happens in a battle. But instead we only lost a couple of secondary characters that were incredibly expendable.

Part of the problem is that I think its becoming clear that 6 episodes was too short of a time to wrap up the story. While it is admirable that they didn't want to stretch the story out for the sake of more money, rushing it is the opposite extreme. Because of this, characters have been forced to places they need to be rather than letting them develop their way their naturally.

And speaking of opposite extremes, just because people don't want things wrapped up in a nice neat way doesn't mean they want the showrunners to "subvert our expectations" in the same way that the Last Jedi did; ie: having characters make extremely out of character decisions or narrativly unsatisfying plot developments just for the sake of surprise. Rather Game of Thrones biggest strength in the earlier seasons was being able to hit that perfect middle ground between the two. Having plot twists that the audience didn't see coming, but still felt appropriate and made sense in retrospect.

An example of this is Ned's death. While it was shocking that the main hero of the show got killed off in the first season, given Joffery's sadistic tendencies it was a completely in character decision for him to make.

Contrast this with the Battle of the North a couple weeks back. Given the scale and danger of the enemy our heroes were facing it would have made sense that in that massive of a battle we would have seen some pretty substantial casualties, including main characters who we really weren't ready to see go out without a proper narrative resolution. Almost anyone except for maybe Jon and Danny could have been killed. Because that is what happens in a battle. But instead we only lost a couple of secondary characters that were incredibly expendable.
I absolutely agree with you. Now it seems there are several characters that seem safe after the battle with the NK is over. Sansa is safe at Winterfell just hoping both Dany and Cersei kill eachother so she will remain in power in the North. Brienne is staying there as her protection. Tormund returned further up north, taking Ghost with him. Even Sam is heading away from danger.

I feel as if they should have eliminated Cersei before the war with the NK began.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm still enjoying it. It has scenes that are very juicy in their own right but yeah, of the criticisms I've seen I haven't seen anyone really successfully defend against them - ridiculous battle tactics and character inconsistencies, missed opportunities etc.

I’ve started to transform into Comic Book Guy before my very eyes... Brienne reduced to a dribbling girl after one night of dueling with Jamie’s pork sword? Arya and the Hound, the Wandering Odd Couple of Westeros? Sam the bookworm’s last great lesson is the Birds and the Bees... ? Dragon Mum, a thousand feet in the air, is ambushed by a fleet of ships and is so surprised she forgets how to do anything with a fire inferno-breathing flying beast other than fly in a straight line towards the enemy... wtf? Tyrion, survivor of 7 seasons of frequent imminent death, on little else than his dwarf-star sized intellect, appeals puppy dog eyed to his murdrous sister’s sense of compassion?

The next episode will be the first time I’ll be thinking as the opening titles roll, “gee, I sure hope this episode isn’t utter crap”

I’ve started to transform into Comic Book Guy before my very eyes... Brienne reduced to a dribbling girl after one night of dueling with Jamie’s pork sword? Arya and the Hound, the Wandering Odd Couple of Westeros? Sam the bookworm’s last great lesson is the Birds and the Bees... ? Dragon Mum, a thousand feet in the air, is ambushed by a fleet of ships and is so surprised she forgets how to do anything with a fire inferno-breathing flying beast other than fly in a straight line towards the enemy... wtf? Tyrion, survivor of 7 seasons of frequent imminent death, on little else than his dwarf-star sized intellect, appeals puppy dog eyed to his murdrous sister’s sense of compassion?

The next episode will be the first time I’ll be thinking as the opening titles roll, “gee, I sure hope this episode isn’t utter crap”

:lol

I don't even care about the last 2 episodes anymore.. Whatever... No need to get aggravated over what will undoubtedly be a disappointing finale and series conclusion. This final season has seriously under performed for me and been a letdown.

Good possibility that the Gold Company switches sides. If more dragons show,and they’ve heard who Jon really is plus Cersei’s precarious financial situation they could defect. The Gold Co. has a good history with the House of Targaryen. We might see a variation of that famous Braveheart scene where both sides go running at each other stop in the middle and start laughing and back slapping. Those were mercenaries as well.

Good possibility that the Gold Company switches sides. If more dragons show,and they’ve heard who Jon really is plus Cersei’s precarious financial situation they could defect. The Gold Co. has a good history with the House of Targaryen. We might see a variation of that famous Braveheart scene where both sides go running at each other stop in the middle and start laughing and back slapping. Those were mercenaries as well.
Why would finding out who Jon is make them change their minds when they already knew Daenerys was a Targaryen but had no problem being paid to fight against her? Is this just the case of men not believing in a woman being an heir to the throne? It all seems like a little too much to happen with just 2 episodes remaining.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back