HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that we are bound to see lots of GOT related spinoffs after the main series ends, what kind of shows would you like to see?

I was thinking that an anthology series would be interesting to see: 1 hour long self contained stories set in Westeros or Essos could be very fun to watch.

A lot of people seem to want an Aegon's Conquest series, to be honest I can't think of a more boring scenario for a show than this one.

Given that we are bound to see lots of GOT related spinoffs after the main series ends...

Is that true? Is that what fans are hoping or has something tangible actually been said?

Like HBO's The Soprano's (which had the world guessing what spin-offs would come), I think once GoT is done, its done.

Last edited:
They already announced that they were working on something like four spinoffs (too lazy to double check, but see a few pages back). Now when we see them remains to be seen.

I'd rather watch a Black Mirror-esque take on Martin's world than rolling over the past in a never-ending fanwank like Clone Wars.

A facelessman on a dangerous mission,rivalries between minor houses, the giants just existing etc.

Granted, the only prequel I'd like to see is one centered around a young Tywin Lannister, dragons and other magical ******ry be damned. It was the Red Wedding what made me fall in love with this show to begin with.

I want an All In The Family style sitcom about Walder Frey.

frey-marie.gif

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING STORY CONTAINS SPOILERS
“Game of Thrones” fans can expect to see the return of a furry fan favorite when the hit HBO series airs its eighth and final season.
Ghost, the direwolf which belongs to the character Jon Snow, is slated to pop up after a total absence in season 7.
Joe Bauer, who serves as the show's VFX supervisor, recently spilled the news.
“Oh, you’ll see him again. He has a fair amount of screen time in Season 8,” Bauer confirmed to HuffPost. “He does show up.”
Viewers got a hint about what to expect from the snow white canine, too.
“He’s very present and does some pretty cool things in Season 8,” Bauer said.

While the massive creature didn’t appear in the most recent season of “Game of Thrones,” that wasn’t always the plan: HuffPost notes a cut scene was supposed to show Snow, played by Kit Harington, telling the animal to guard Sansa Stark, played by Sophie Turner.
Bauer explained why season 7 didn't feature much of the direwolves.
'GAME OF THRONES' STAR SOPHIE TURNER HINTS HBO SHOW'S 'HEARTBREAKING' FINALE COULD DIVIDE FANS
“The direwolves are tough because you don’t want to get them wrong, so we end up always shooting real wolves and doing a scaling trick with them, but the real wolves only behave in certain ways,” he said.
It'll be some time before you can see what Ghost gets up to, though: “Game of Thrones" won't be back until sometime in 2019.

Back