HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sansa knew Little finger was up to something. When he mentioned Brienne being honor bound to intercede it was him hinting to her that if she wanted to get rid of Arya she would have to send Brienne away first.

She played along with Little Finger so his guard would be down. Brienne gone? Check. Sansa paranoid about Arya? Check. They were playing him the whole time but had to wait for an opportune moment.

I like how it went down but it seemed too short. Little Finger crying and begging for his life was pathetic. Seemed out of character. Should have been a bit more argument but I need to watch it again.

Sometimes begging and being pitiful works. Sansa was on the ground crying her heart out way back, before Joffrey. Extreme circumstances requires extreme acting? LF was being charge with everything that he did, all in one or two minutes. And there is no time to strategies. The shock in his face is priceless.

Sometimes begging and being pitiful works. Sansa was on the ground crying her heart out way back, before Joffrey. Extreme circumstances requires extreme acting? LF was being charge with everything that he did, all in one or two minutes. And there is no time to strategies. The shock in his face is priceless.

Hearing him say "I'm a bit confused" was delightful :lol

The wight dragon had holes in its wings maybe by the time it reaches Winterfell it will. It be able to fly very well and the other Dragons will kill it easier. But Jon had a perfect opportunity to end the king by telling Dany to light him up while on the ice.

So what did you think Cercei was going to do with Jon if he'd agree to stay in Kings Landing? Outright kill him or just hold him hostage. Considering she never meant to honor her word I knew she was going to kill him "accidentally".

Yeah, seemed totally in character with someone as shameless as he was to try anything he could at that point. Reminded me of John Turturro in Miller's Crossing. His pathetic begging worked for awhile.

What a ****ing great season.

If you wanted load of exposition, go back and watch from S1. We are in the pay-off stages now, to complain about it is asinine.

We've waited half a decade for some of these character moments/scenes. It would have felt like the stakes were dropped if this season didn't move at neck-break pace, and instead move as a slow burn like previous seasons.

What a ****ing great season.

If you wanted load of exposition, go back and watch from S1. We are in the pay-off stages now, to complain about it is asinine.

We've waited half a decade for some of these character moments/scenes. It would have felt like the stakes were dropped if this season didn't move at neck-break pace, and instead move as a slow burn like previous seasons.

DCZfxe7.gif

Season definitely felt like "prep work" for Season 8.

Winter really isn't 'here'.... its just about to be...

The walkers are taking their sweet time. Time enough for people to travel swiftly across great distances without breaking a sweat. And many times.

It was a season about positioning. Positioning your players in the right places for the next season.

Until 9 months from now when HBO announces... a special 4 episode 9th season.

The other seasons weren't about exposition, they were about building a compelling story. Of course, they could have given us a Cliff's Notes "best of" version in a single 2 hour movie, but the fact that the story has unfolded in this sprawling, methodical manner is a big reason why it is as successful as it has been. For whatever reason, the powers that be want to wrap the show up in two abbreviated seasons, and that certainly explains why things are happening as they are. But it does feel like a different show as a result. What they have done in seven episodes would have in the past taken three seasons to cover. It's still good, and rushing things along is far preferable than a show like Deadwood that never got resolved at all of course. But I don't see why handling this season in a manner similar to the others would have been a bad thing, if it were possible. If done well, it would have made the story feel more organic and rewarding to my eyes.

The other seasons weren't about exposition, they were about building a compelling story.

That's what exposition is. A description or explanation of an idea or story. :lol We've had that for 6 seasons, all building towards these last 13 episodes.

We don't need anymore world building, we need things we've been biting tooth and nail to see. And they delivered this season in doing that.

Not to mention we are down to main characters, which all happen to be in the same place or heading towards the same place. It's contained as it should be.

I think it'll be Jaimie. The Hand of the King dies to protect the realm, this time from the fruitcake Ceresi. Kingslayer. That line about Cersei being the death of him. Tyrion will be the last Lannister standing tho maybe Jaimie will ask Tyrion to look after Cersei's baby (IMO baby a wildcard).

Somewhere in there Jaquen H'gar will re-appear and off someone for the good of the realm tho - e.g. Varys said everything he ever did was for the good of the realm. Maybe Jaquen offs Cersei. Or Arya.

I think Jon and Dany will live happily ever after, e.g. Dany's line about how they became lesser - e.g. a golden age of sorts gets ushered in with those two hooking up. And possibly Sansa gets back with Tyrion as with everything she's been through he was one of the few who was truly kind and now she's matured enough to know the value of Tyrion. Tyrion and Sansa end up ruling in the North - maybe.

I think arya kills cersei as qybern and hound kills mountain....Jon and Danny die but their child survives, night king dies but new one has to take his place for future winter...Bran .....most of the cast will die imho...Tyrion will live to raise J&Ds child....speculation of course

Gendry has got to play a big role in future...hooking up with Arya or Sansa

Brienne and Jamie ....one of me dies in the others arms imho...maybe confessing love or already as lovers ...best guess

I would laugh my head off if Arya kills the Mountain and uses his face,etc to kill Cersei

Back