Haywire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The film is good, not great, and the fight scenes are very enjoyable. It's nice to see a fight were the camera pans back and you can see what's going on. I like the Bourne style, but it seemed everything after it took that style on too. However the fights were a bit OTT, and it seemed like I was watching two Terminators fight, based on the punishment that the characters seemed to take in their stride.

Gina Carano is very pretty, but it's also great to see a woman in an action movie who you know can handle herself in real life, unlike Angelina who looks like a strong breeze would take her down.

The plot of this film is the disappointing part, as it's just your run of the mill, person on the run, secret agency after them type deal

Thought it was decent, nothing great or memorial about it. Gina did a good job with her role.

:lecture I'd give it a 7.5 though just because I thought the fight choreography was what made this movie for me. Felt very realistic in the sense that she could very well kick all their asses like she did.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture I'd give it a 7.5 though just because I thought the fight choreography was what made this movie for me. Felt very realistic in the sense that she could very well kick all their asses like she did.
Spoiler Spoiler:

See I thought the choreography looked so fake, especially in the Fassbender scene. And the lack of music made it horrendous.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You don't need music in a fight scene. Sometimes it's better without it.

Hell, the fight between Elle Driver and Beatrix Kiddo had no music until the end. And it was just intense.

I wonder why this film sat on a shelf for two years?

I think it was just because at the time Ginas MMA career was going full force and she was doing alot of marketing for womens MMA is my guess. I can say I was lucky enough to meet Gina and she was super hot and super nice :D

Thought it was decent, nothing great or memorial about it. Gina did a good job with her role.

:lol

Good question! I'm leaning Norris.

NAM, so have you seen this movie yet? If so, your impressions?

I am juggling kids ATM. Paid for a friend to go see it (who's cheap and wouldn't have otherwise), so it got my support. I'll have to catch it later, on BR (in a few months) because it's not worth dedicating a "babysitter" window to it and losing out on the other forthcoming blockbusters.

I am juggling kids ATM. Paid for a friend to go see it (who's cheap and wouldn't have otherwise), so it got my support. I'll have to catch it later, on BR (in a few months) because it's not worth dedicating a "babysitter" window to it and losing out on the other forthcoming blockbusters.

Ahh, I see. I will have to hit the $5 matinee this week then.

I think it was just because at the time Ginas MMA career was going full force and she was doing alot of marketing for womens MMA is my guess. I can say I was lucky enough to meet Gina and she was super hot and super nice :D

:drool I'm jealous. I'd love to be her training partner sometime. I really wouldn't mind being in a triangle with her.

Back