Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read a article saying the The Hand wanted him because he was the King of Murders or something, I've been out of comics so long I don't even know what that is. Anyways I see the picture of him wearing swords, and I think of the article, and in my head I'm thinking well he would of got that King of Murders title because he used guns. What's he going to do with those swords?

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's a special forces soldier, guns and explosives are his bread and butter. Does he even know how to use a sword? This move makes no sense.
Scott Snyder's Batman was the last great run I enjoyed in comics. Marvel comics has been dead to me for a long time now. Maybe Aaron's run on Thor was the last Marvel run I enjoyed. I guess with 70 years of comic runs you have to find something, anything new, even if it doesn't make any sense.

I laughed at this. Frank Castle would never lead a group like this. Even on the cover all they had were different type of swords. Maybe this is Frank's "transition" like how DC has become in that it is more PC to use knives/swords than guns. This is as insulting as the Hydra Cap. That's comics for you.
It's pretty much Shadowland again but with Frank Franking Franks this time, because reasons.

I read a article saying the The Hand wanted him because he was the King of Murders or something, I've been out of comics so long I don't even know what that is. Anyways I see the picture of him wearing swords, and I think of the article, and in my head I'm thinking well he would of got that King of Murders title because he used guns. What's he going to do with those swords?

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's a special forces soldier, guns and explosives are his bread and butter. Does he even know how to use a sword? This move makes no sense.
I don't much read Daredevil/Marvel Ninja stuff, but I have no recollection of such a title.

If they didn't want to use him anymore, they should've retired him. Or just turned him into a spec-ops guy. Just send him out to the world to kill extremelly evil 1% secret agents or whatever else.

Scott Snyder's Batman was the last great run I enjoyed in comics. Marvel comics has been dead to me for a long time now. Maybe Aaron's run on Thor was the last Marvel run I enjoyed. I guess with 70 years of comic runs you have to find something, anything new, even if it doesn't make any sense.
The only comics on my pull list are Darth Vader & X-Men, which I still get for completionism reasons since they're harmlessly passable. Gillen's new Immortal X-Men has me a bit excited though, I love the concept.

tA985ZxEny7Hfocf5MYJwZ.jpg

Every so often I add an indie or a mini or some such, but I'm mostly waiting for the end of these series to walk off floppies entirely.

It's pretty much Shadowland again but with Frank Franking Franks this time, because reasons.

I don't much read Daredevil/Marvel Ninja stuff, but I have no recollection of such a title.

If they didn't want to use him anymore, they should've retired him. Or just turned him into a spec-ops guy. Just send him out to the world to kill extremelly evil 1% secret agents or whatever else.

The only comics on my pull list are Darth Vader & X-Men, which I still get for completionism reasons since they're harmlessly passable. Gillen's new Immortal X-Men has me a bit excited though, I love the concept.

tA985ZxEny7Hfocf5MYJwZ.jpg

Every so often I add an indie or a mini or some such, but I'm mostly waiting for the end of these series to walk off floppies entirely.
Beard Colossus lol.

Even with Ennis I felt like he didn't totally capture The Punisher. I really enjoy seeing some of the great action stuff in the 80's. No one could ever make any cool villains for him. Barracuda was a joke along with the joke art. Never tactical enough, never mission focused enough. Always some bigger over-arching dumb story line to take away from him. In my minds eye, I like the simple family died, don't know who killed them exactly, team up with Micro, acquire equipment, recon bad guys, kill bad guys, extract. There is a lot of play in trying to kill people how the approach should be like a tv show, how do I go about eliminating a criminal this week? Even with a B plot of following the bread crumbs to a drug cartel lord in another country to some high powered supervillain.

Beard Colossus lol.

Even with Ennis I felt like he didn't totally capture The Punisher. I really enjoy seeing some of the great action stuff in the 80's. No one could ever make any cool villains for him. Barracuda was a joke along with the joke art. Never tactical enough, never mission focused enough. Always some bigger over-arching dumb story line to take away from him. In my minds eye, I like the simple family died, don't know who killed them exactly, team up with Micro, acquire equipment, recon bad guys, kill bad guys, extract. There is a lot of play in trying to kill people how the approach should be like a tv show, how do I go about eliminating a criminal this week? Even with a B plot of following the bread crumbs to a drug cartel lord in another country to some high powered supervillain.
I agree. As a youth reading edgy comics I liked Ennis' run, but as time went one I grew to dislike his style a lot. Personally, I prefer the more "innocent" and actiony Punisher of the 80s and so on. Honestly, when I think of the character, that's where my minds shifts. That's the kind of figure I want to represent him, bandana and everything.

pa1-34.jpg

Same goes for Nick Fury and his older self. Some would call them more swallow, but it's capeshit, aesthetics and spectacle reign supreme in my mind.

PS: Colossus is now effay.

E0lGj-jWUAAyLmT

Yup, that's Punisher right there. Lungren was the closest to capturing that look, minus the skull of course. Jim Lee's art for those books is still so damn good.

Those Punisher Armory books are great.

Yup, that's Punisher right there. Lungren was the closest to capturing that look, minus the skull of course. Jim Lee's art for those books is still so damn good.
Yeah, Ludgren had the steely eyes. It remains to be seen what route they'll take with MCU Punisher, but I'm not expecting much.

Speaking of older (best) variations of these characters, and since you brought up one of my all-time favorites, I still prefer this dude to SLJ. Yes the movie was cheesy as hell, but looks wise, that's Fury.

MV5BODJmZjc3NjEtMTQ5Ny00ZGY4LWFiNGItMDg4MmZhNWQwNTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc0NjY1ODk@._V1_.jpg

Makes me wonder who would've been Fury if that 90s Avengers movie with Tom Cruise as Iron Man happened.

Makes me wonder who would've been Fury if that 90s Avengers movie with Tom Cruise as Iron Man happened.
Clooney would've been awesome. I doubt he would've made as many appearances as SLJ though as Clooney is too big time/artsy now. SLJ has wanted to be in more Marvel films.

Speaking of older (best) variations of these characters, and since you brought up one of my all-time favorites, I still prefer this dude to SLJ. Yes the movie was cheesy as hell, but looks wise, that's Fury.

View attachment 551607
No offense to SLJ, but these guys are Fury. The character's rooted in the Bad-Ass 'Murican archetype, you can't escape that. I could deal with SLJ because I got into Marvel with the Ultimate books way back in the day, but his Fury is so neutered and boring that he doesn't even register as the same character to me. It'd be fun if Hasselhoff was in MoM as a Fury for a cameo.

I've thought about making a custom for years now. All you'd realistically need would be to comission a head and get an army general's uniform. But then I think of how mediocre the tailoring would look next to my HTs, and that such a comissioned sculpt would go for as much as a figure, and I forgt about it. Maybe if more people were interested.

90s/00s Iron Man would've surely been something, but alas, we will never know.

Outstanding final episode and pretty much my favorite MCU show now. Liked Wandavision and Loki but this was tidier and overall the writing was stronger and the chemistry between Hawkeye and Kate was excellent. Terrific action in this one too and some really solid resolutions to the overarching questions across the episodes.

Just finished the series.

I pre-gamed the finale with some old Daredevil episodes and the tonal differences between Netflix’s Fisk and Disney’s Kingpin are undeniable. I’m glad that he’s back, but not necessarily like this.

Just finished the series.

I pre-gamed the finale with some old Daredevil episodes and the tonal differences between Netflix’s Fisk and Disney’s Kingpin are undeniable. I’m glad that he’s back, but not necessarily like this.
There were some strange (possibly D’Onofrio) choices like the hat, but for the most part he was pretty classic comic book Kingpin. There was no way they were ever going to go Netflix dark.

Taking some real willpower not to click those as I won’t be able to watch until Friday.

Ok mixed feelings about this... On one hand, you have the chemistry between Kate, Clint and Kate and Yelena. Those were good highlights for me. Now on the cons:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lastly... that end credit scene just made my Christmas. :lol

Ok mixed feelings about this... On one hand, you have the chemistry between Kate, Clint and Kate and Yelena. Those were good highlights for me. Now on the cons:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lastly... that end credit scene just made my Christmas. :lol
The only thing missing was
Spoiler Spoiler:

The only thing missing was
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back