Hasbro line officially (NOT) dead???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro line officially dead!

Hey IJ maybe you can tell me something, Hasbro said they had the Raiders wave slated for a 1/15 on shelf date.. wouldn't that mean that figures would have to be ready for, in or finished production by now? I dunno Im just really pissed after realizing that with this wave ALL that would have been missing from the vintage collection is Belloq in the Panama outfit. :banghead:banghead ONE ^^^^ING FIGURE! Now, instead, we are five short.

Honestly, there is no way to be sure. One rumor is that Hasbro knew as far back as late June that they likely wouldn't be shipping anything after the Holidays. If that's true (again, if) it means they pulled a fast one on collectors by even showing the 1/15 ROTLA wave at SDCC.

Honestly, there is no way to be sure. One rumor is that Hasbro knew as far back as late June that they likely wouldn't be shipping anything after the Holidays. If that's true (again, if) it means they pulled a fast one on collectors by even showing the 1/15 ROTLA wave at SDCC.

Well.. hadn't heard that one before. Too bad there's no way to substantiate that because if it's true that would be the biggest ****** move EVER. The ROTLA figures are the ones I wanted the most as well. Ah well, I do have an idea to clear the shelves though come Christmas time. Toys for tots ALWAYS needs donations. I'd suck it up just to clear off the pegs.

I think they're still re-stocking stuff they've had in the back all Summer. I'm telling you, they way over-ordered (and Hasbro's figure allotments didn't help). :duh

You're right.

My cousin is a manager at Wally World and he says almost every store has TONS of overstock. The problem is that Hasbro auto-shipped the figures all summer long and didn't allow stores to cancel orders or return anything.

He even went as far as to say that the Holiday resets just came out for next month and Indy has little to no shelf space depending on the size of the store. The larger stores will still have Indy but most of the smaller stores will only be carrying it on just endcaps and island displays until they can get rid of the overstock.

It is the Jungle Cutter with KOTCS Indy and two Russian soldiers:

Cutter.jpg

I wasn't satisfied with the Indy figure. He could of been better. So thats why I am not surprised at this. Too bad for Indy but Iam glad they did get these figs out.

Wandered around my area over the weekend and visited to Super WM stores within a 100 mile radius (was out enjoyin' the fall foliage)...and unlike my local small WM, which only has 6 pegs dedicated to IJ with a couple of Mutts and Ugha Warriors on them, these two stores had island displays of the first two waves OVERFLOWING with figures. They aren't going anywhere and it's doubtful that we'll ever see the TOD wave up this way, let alone the last ROTLA one.

It will always be incredible to me that Hasbro thought this line would EVER appeal to the mass-market (ie: kids)...after the initial weeks surrounding the release of KOTCS, retailers should have been able to pare down and order when needed, not be flooded with the first two waves over & over again to the point of overflow.

It's too bad....another great opportunity for collectors who have been waiting for over 25 years to see great quality IJ figures and collectibles on the market only to have the moment lost through poor planning and distribution. Is Hasbro or Lucasfilm to blame? Who knows....it'll just always be one of those "What if..." questions for collectors to ponder...

Is Hasbro or Lucasfilm to blame?

The blame is shared 3 ways here:

Lucasfilm. For going overboard with whoring out INDY, ala STAR WARS.

Wal-Mart. For ordering INDY stock in outrageous EPISODE I-like numbers. (Incidentally, TRU hardly stocked it at all... only Target seems to have ordered and stocked the product with a sense of sanity and balance)

Hasbro. For creating odd assortments in the initial waves, and then shipping them in even more head-scratching fashion. There is simply no excuse for having a Monkey Man figure before a Toht. Ever. And every store across the country still has Mutt figures clogging the pegs thanks to Hasbro.

Just wanted to let everyone know to check out Meijers, I found all of the TOD wave there yesterday!

Here is their thinking:

Hasbro: Without a movie or entertainment backdrop to maintain kids' interest in the line, it's just not possible to maintain momentum in the intensely competitive boys' action aisle. We are extremely passionate fans of the IJ line ourselves and anticipate that the line will return if and when there is another IJ movie. Until then, the decision to rest the brand will position it for the best possible return.

^^^^ing arseholes.

^^^^s. They killed the most requested line ever, by being over-optimistic.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake on what Hasbro actually stated. How does that translate into the distribution of the LC and TOD waves in terms of quantities, timeframes and stores? Considering the retailers' selection of lines and which ones pose the greatest sales potential (and therefore shelf space allowance), we've already seen them in the past year (is there any big animated film coming out soon, for example?) and there's been worse dogs than Indy.

Will not TRU and Target be ordering large quantities of these last waves for the Christmas retail season?

I took this picture at a local Walmart a couple of days ago. I think it says everything we need to know about what went wrong here. (On the bright side there were many Henry Jones Sr. figures, and they were all marked down to $5.44)

indy_glut.jpg

Yep... it's amazing, a company like Hasbro should know better by now...
literally dozens of Mutts and Bazooka Indys is just stupid...
oh well...

Back