Hasbro line officially (NOT) dead???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro line officially dead!

What truck with cloth canopy? Is there a new one out?

Yes, Hasbro re-did the ROTLA Cargo Truck with a cloth canopy and a new image on the packaging. Supposedly, it should be out now... and for the same $19.99 SRP. I'm sure there are pics somewhere.

Well I ordered my TOD wave from EE, will have to pick up the LC wave off eBay I guess. Just really pissed about the Raiders wave because that would have brought us VERY close to a complete remake of the vintage line.

I ordered it from my Canadian supplier... Not taking chances with this line seemingly going bye bye.

So, should I snag the 4th line (ToD) on-line now through a pre-order as I'll probably never find it at retail?

That's what I ended up doing. The figures should be here tomorrow. I think this wave will be nearly impossible to find in stores, and from pics it looks to be the best wave produced.

:lol:lol:lol Indy fans owned !!!

Seriously, if you guys really want some figures that wont come out from this line,I suggest ebay...Some painted prototypes are always for sell months in advance by guys from hong-kong working at the the factory where this was supposed to be produced..of course they'll be loose, but thats the closest thing to the produced figure.

Weirdly, the TOD wave has hit UK comic shop chain Forbidden Planet. I've now got one of each, plus an extra Indy, Short Round, Mola Ram and Giant Thugee.

These are absolutely superb figures.

Could not Entertainment Earth take over and preserve the line as they are doing with Star Wars such as more off beat character groups? This way they can release more unique figures that would NEVER had likely sold on the pegs (ie. Marcus, Professor Henry Jones, Dietreich etc.)

Could not Entertainment Earth take over and preserve the line as they are doing with Star Wars such as more off beat character groups? This way they can release more unique figures that would NEVER had likely sold on the pegs (ie. Marcus, Professor Henry Jones, Dietreich etc.)

From the most recent Q&A:

Cool Toy Review: Would you consider continuing the line as online exclusives with a higher per-figure price if it is not feasible to continue the line at stores like Wal-Mart and Target? In order to get figures like Oxley, Mac, Donovan, and Marcus collectors would be willing to pay more.

Hasbro: It would not be possible to continue the line in this manner, since the size of the IJ collector base is not enough to sustain development work and production volumes by itself.

It makes me sad that Indy could not sell but why should kids but insubstantial action figures of an old man and people in dresses when they can buy the new chunky day-glo Ben 10 figures?

Yes, Hasbro re-did the ROTLA Cargo Truck with a cloth canopy and a new image on the packaging. Supposedly, it should be out now... and for the same $19.99 SRP. I'm sure there are pics somewhere.

It is out, I have seen it a couple of times at Wal-Mart, but passed.

I also went the online route with the ToD figures. Though it pains me deeply to say this, I ordered them from Brianstoys. They will be here Thursday.

It is out, I have seen it a couple of times at Wal-Mart, but passed.

I also went the online route with the ToD figures. Though it pains me deeply to say this, I ordered them from Brianstoys. They will be here Thursday.

Yikes!!! From Brianstoys??!!
I hope they didn't charge you an arm and a leg for them...
seriously, I'm surprised how they stay in business with their outrageous prices...
I'll get them from another on-line e-tailer...
Brianstoys and Toy Wiz are banned on my list!

I'm not too surprised the line is dead. Heck, Kenner couldn't sell figures back when the movies were popular, what makes Hasbro think they will sell now?

Hasbro: It would not be possible to continue the line in this manner, since the size of [ your dreams ] is not enough to sustain development work and production volumes by itself.

:)

Someone needs to make this their sig.

I wasn't a huge collector of this line but I wanted the main characters from each movie. I just think Hasbro blew it with so many Mutts and Indys and Monkey Man clogging the shelves. The reason I didn't buy any right away was the horrible paint apps on the first batch that looked like crap. Only ones I found from Last Crusade were Henry Sr., Young Indy and reg. Indy. I better be able to get Short Round dammit!!!!!

Temple is safe....Raiders part Deux....well. They're going into the Box Warehouse at Area 51

I just wonder if Temple figs are basically going to have to be obtained online. I don't want to order a case but on the same note don't want to pay $17.00 plus shipping like ebay right now. Oh well I guess, just would be nice to see Hasbro not stop the line but "reconsider" it so to speak. Send a pull for retailers to get rid of all the Mutts and whatever else is clogging pegs. Then send out new case assortments but keep the stock reasonable and not the onslaught we were bombarded with. See how they sell, then consider if the line is worth continuing. Probably too costly but this line could have been cool if they realized it would sell to adults more and not the kids they were aiming for.

I doubt we'll be this lucky, but I really hope at least Toht will see the light of day somehow, since at least the body has been tooled (for the SDCC Cobra Commander). He seems to be the most glaring omission.

I was in WalMart today and couldn't believe how many Indy figures they had. They must have just gotten a new shipment in because the pegs were overflowing.

I was in WalMart today and couldn't believe how many Indy figures they had. They must have just gotten a new shipment in because the pegs were overflowing.

I think they're still re-stocking stuff they've had in the back all Summer. I'm telling you, they way over-ordered (and Hasbro's figure allotments didn't help). :duh

Back