Hasbro 1/6 Sandtrooper mods ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and yes Crimsonbob, I drybrushed a matt White all over, lightened everything nicely so he looked less "muddy" and also took the "wet" shine off the PVA glue.

Theres still a few SS stormtroopers at forbiddenplanet.com for £60 inc P&P i brought 1 the other day. The only problem i had was it had painted hands, but i contacted FP and they said they would contact SS for me to get replacements. Im gonna start using FP.com more their customer service is great.

Stormtroopers sir, not Sandtroopers. Their a horse of a different colour (and price!)

Sorry, been watching the Wizzard of Oz with the kids.

Yeah i was just saying to monkeybat. Tbh i think when the SS stormies 1st came out £55 each from Play.com was a bargain and thats why i got so many.

With hindesight I wish Id bought more. I originally pre-ordered 6 from sideshow direct plus an exclusive. Then had an attack of the sensibles, in other words Susy found out! So I ended up getting one direct and one from FP.

Love em though, even with their sorry assed floppy bodies.

the fun and pride factor of putting it together yourself is not to be underestimated.

curious to see if the clothing fits on a better figure. isn't hasbro clothing usually too small?

It can be a smidge, but someone else done a hasbro deathstar trooper and it looks amazing.

vader009.jpg

is there a shot with the hands in front? that pose is the same pose I use with my Hasbro Imperial Officer kitbash because the sleeves come up way too short. I wonder if he did same thing to hide it.

is there a shot with the hands in front? that pose is the same pose I use with my Hasbro Imperial Officer kitbash because the sleeves come up way too short. I wonder if he did same thing to hide it.

If you can find some spare Praji gloves, they'll help hide the highwater sleeves.

The sleeves on the DS trooper do cover the gloves. I used the BBi oakley gloves I think. BUT, most importantly I used a Dragon body that I took about a 1/4 inch from the arm and reglued together so the arm is shorter.

It can be a smidge, but someone else done a hasbro deathstar trooper and it looks amazing.

vader009.jpg

Back