Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great setup! Looks like a besta tv bench?
Is it advisable to place my hot toys boxes on the detolfs after raising them? [emoji28]

Thanks man! Yep those are two besta pieces. That's actually a really cool idea to put the boxes up on top. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Yep those are two besta pieces. That's actually a really cool idea to put the boxes up on top. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh im actually concerned about the weight of those boxes. But i guess they dont weigh that much? What do u think. Might be an issue if i stack them all up? 😨

Has anyone tried a dual detolf mod?

That will be my next project, inspired by this:
A great Ikea Detolf modification!

Will be trying to raise it about 15" aswell.

I have never built anything besides IKEA furniture but it will be a nice challenge. :)

Re: Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?Wou

Hey guys im new here but been lurking for awhile I thought someone might be able to give some advice on something.

I have a in my basement that is 129 inches wide and I own 7 detolfs, I want to put all 7 against that wall sitting on 2 kallax. So my question is this the wall is 129 inches wide and 2 kallax beside each other are 116 inches and 7 detolfs are 119 inches so what I want to know is would I be able to put the first kallax and place 3 detolfs and then put the other kallax beside it but leave like 4 inches between them but put the 4th detolf right over the gap and then the last 3? I hope that made sense I look forward to your answers.

Hello everybody, i have a question has anyone one of you put tints on detolf display?!...i was thinking about doing it 5% all around but the front Once i take it back from storage so sunlight wont damage my items

Yes, this is the one I am using. Seems safe enough to me for 4 detolfs. Anyone having any trouble with these?

Hey guys,

First post to the forum but have been reading daily for a few weeks now. I want to raise my two cases using this method as well but the max load states 110 lbs. Do you have to reinforce the Besta bench in any way or is that able to hold the weight with no problems? I apologize if this question is beating a dead horse but I just want to be confident it will hold two and eventually 3 with the max load stating 110 lbs. Thanks guys.

Referring to the bench in De@df00l picture

I decided I didn't feel safe with the besta TV bench holding up my detolfs. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, it's just too much of a risk for me to take with thousands of dollars of figures. So I will just get something made or keep them on the floor. Now I have an extra tv stand too!

I was also nervous about it, but after reading this thread and others, I went ahead and mounted 4 Detolfs onto a 72"x25" Besta TV stand. So far it seems to be working out fine. I first built the stand and laid all 4 boxed Detolfs across the top, and left it for a month. I didn't t notice any warping or instability, so I went ahead and put up the Detolfs, securing them and the stand to the wall with screws and wall anchors. It came out great, and I'm now pretty confident the stand can hold the weight without a problem.
New Detolfs.jpg

I was also nervous about it, but after reading this thread and others, I went ahead and mounted 4 Detolfs onto a 72"x25" Besta TV stand. So far it seems to be working out fine. I first built the stand and laid all 4 boxed Detolfs across the top, and left it for a month. I didn't t notice any warping or instability, so I went ahead and put up the Detolfs, securing them and the stand to the wall with screws and wall anchors. It came out great, and I'm now pretty confident the stand can hold the weight without a problem.
View attachment 235610

Hey Stephen, great display, I particularly like how some of the larger items can fit in the bottom part of the display (probe droid, taun taun, speeder bike etc) could you please link to the exact besta tv stand that you used? It looks as though it has a glass door on the front? I can't seem to find that. Thank you!

Thanks so much @Stephen Gentile ! Perfect :)

If you don't mind me asking... (haha sorry I'm really inspired by your display!) Where did you get that little floral addition to your speeder bike base display? Do you have a link for that as well? Thank you :)

LOL That was just some plastic foliage from an old aquarium decoration. Sideshow should have added some ferns to the base to make it more Endor like.

View attachment 235610

These look great! What did you do for lighting?

I read almost this whole thread and unfortunately, almost everything that was linked is now a dead link for some reason (discontinued item maybe?).

I do not have an IKEA near me, does Target or Walmart sell anything comparable? Also, I only have room to put my display in my basement. Its cement block walls so I am not sure how to anchor it (actually, I wouldn't know how to anchor it to a drywall/stud combo either, as I am challenged in this department).

I also plan on having a detolf upstairs in the only place we can put it. What can I use to raise just one detolf? Link me!

And again, this is a great thread, thank you for making it, everyone!

Looks fantastic SG! Do you have 8" ceilings in the room, it looks like you're pretty close. I have my four Detolf cases mounted on the old Expidet 5-shelf unit but this setup would provide additional display space, which I desperately need. Heck, the Besta TV unit may even be able to display the Hulkbuster I have on PO...maybe.

My only issue is that my jabba throne sits at the top of my detolfs... so if I switch to this style (awesome for the taun taun, probe etc) I no longer have space anywhere for Jabba :(

That was a great idea, and the results were amazing. Im actually going to try this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back