Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great set up man sitting at a nice height, I too will be going with the besta bench for 8 detolfs. What lights are you using and where did you purchase them?

Those look to be the dioder lights. I'm curious how you hid all of the wires? Would you mind explaining? I have the same lights but there are wires everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct they are dioders. They are running behind the metal frame with clear tape keeping them in place. Im completely rewiring once the whole display is done by small zip ties down the frame, drilling a hole through the base and out the back so the wires are completely hidden as for now they are tucked down the side.

Ok. Is the Walmart Better Homes and Garden shelves the best option out there still for a 2 Detolf set up?

Is this still the best option for 2 detolfs? Looking for minimal extra space past the detolfs together. I am going to IKEA in 2 weeks and need to do a raised 2 detolf option and 3 raised 1 detolfs option.

"best" IMO for a single Detolf, which I keep saying, is IKEA's own kitchen cabinets at 15" wide. 30" model available for 2. Plenty strong enough.

I am assuming for the 2 one you need a center support....what did you use or would you use?

I am assuming for the 2 one you need a center support....what did you use or would you use?

I'm only using singles, but a piece of wood up the center at the front would be fine. OR... Go with two 15" cabinets side by side - it just means the storage space inside is narrower.

Here is an almost finished pic of the small display in my "sauna"...err, office... :lol

Bottom cabinets are quarter sawn white oak to match the other cabinets in the room. The lights in the detolfs are IKEA OMLOPP (OMLOPP LED spotlight - IKEA). Wish the cords were also black like the lights. Also bought the wireless remote which works great. Still need to figure out how I want to do the lighting in the non-detolf side of the display.

detolf_01.jpg

That's one I built... it's pretty simple though. Just used black coated melamine mdf so it would match the black top/bottom of the Detolf's. I used a doweling jig for assembly, but a Kreg pocket hole jig would also do the trick for those without woodworking equipment. Routed some grooves in the front for the glass and used a shelf pin jig to allow for adjustable shelves. Had the glass cut at a local glass shop (it's 3/16 tempered). Thought it came out pretty decent. Cost me about $250 in materials (glass = $$$).

That's one I built... it's pretty simple though. Just used black coated melamine mdf so it would match the black top/bottom of the Detolf's. I used a doweling jig for assembly, but a Kreg pocket hole jig would also do the trick for those without woodworking equipment. Routed some grooves in the front for the glass and used a shelf pin jig to allow for adjustable shelves. Had the glass cut at a local glass shop (it's 3/16 tempered). Thought it came out pretty decent. Cost me about $250 in materials (glass = $$$).
It came out AWESOME trav well done pal :clap I personally don't have the patience/DIY knack to be making any sort of designs such as yours :gah:

Theres some great looking raised detolfs in here. I raised one of my own. I'm building more boxes for my other detolfs but here goes the first one. I'm also willing to make some for you guys if you like how it looks. Just let me know. Here goes a couple of pics. Thanks!! IMG_1187.JPGIMG_1189.JPGIMG_1186.JPG

How do you keep the Detolfs floating on their sides like that? I'm surprised they don't fall right down.

I work at a printing shop and we have a lot of extra wood left over so I built it myself. Pixel there actually very sturdy on the boxes. The boxes don't move at all on the floor and I used velcrow on the top of the riser and bottom of the detolf to make sure the detolf is secure.

Oh wow I didn't even notice they were :rotfl. When I go on the website on my phone they are straight and then when I go on the computer and look at the website they are sideways. How do I fix that lol

48b19f1c488846559cc33d3c2392d352.jpg

That's essentially what I have. It works great. I decided to keep comic books underneath. I don't remember what specific model I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great setup! Looks like a besta tv bench?
Is it advisable to place my hot toys boxes on the detolfs after raising them? 😅

Back