Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....Ikea stuff is very versatile and sturdy. I once had a 20 gallon operating fish tank on a 7.99 Lack side table for over five months with no bowing whatsoever. It could easily support a detolf.

I wonder what this collector is using to raise his detolf. I saw his collection on sideshow collectibles website.

image.jpg

Ask him. He's a Mod on SF although I don't think that's a Detolf.

Decided to use an old bedside cabinet, I had in the loft, for now.
Detolf was a bugger to lift...

detolf.jpg

Last edited:
20160415_235203.jpg

I modified these $7.99 IKEA Lack end tables into shelves by following a hack on IKEA hacks by combining two units by drilling holes into the legs of one and the table surface of the other and fitting them with wood dowels and wood glue for added stability. The max weight limit according to IKEA is 55LBs, but, as I indicated above I personally kept an operating 20 gallon fish tank on an unmodified Lack end table for almost 5 months without incident or visible strain to the unit. Comparatively, a 20 gallon fish tank with water and gravel weigh well north of 200 LBs while a fully assembled detolf weighs only 77 pounds.

20160416_193808.jpg

20160416_193805.jpg

20160416_193801.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

For the neat freaks like me, there is a very small gap between the glass panes at the back of the detolf. If you stack the diodor cables neatly on top of each other, you can fit them in between there and still put the plastic corner piece on top of it with enough room to not impact the top of the detolf being put on. It saved me from having to drill holes in the bottom and then route the cables underneath.

Probably not worth it if your detolfs are already put together, but a couple of extra minutes during setup helps give it a clean look.

Great idea mate, very nice. I will save this picture as a reminder should I ever have to re-assemble my detolfs. :)

I built this in a couple hours. Used 2x4s and a sheet of MDF, painted it black. I only have the 4 detolfs and probably built it to hold a little more. I think this cost about $35 to build minus paint, had some of that laying around.20160407_224928.jpg

A talented guy back east custom makes amazing bases for detolfs that raise them about 11 inches. Contact email is [email protected]. I have 2 with a 3rd on the way!
80249fc5015ca5df83c79a9d5fcd8d8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just ordered one from him. Got a Star Wars one and will get a Batman one soon after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to IKEA the other day and found a LACK TV unit being sold in 'as is' section. So grabbed that and put together a 'reinforced' version to raise my 3 three Detolf.
Original comes with 4 small legs and no solid bearing wall inside.
I added 4 more legs and 1 bearing wall in the middle and one extra support wall. This should be able to handle 3 Detolf + figures inside.
raise 3 detolf.jpg

Back