Has anyone added the dual trench kives to their Snake Eyes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I want Mercer, but do I expect Sideshow will make him? No. At least not for a long time. Not when we're three years into the line and I've got 6 Joe's on the shelf. We should be more realistic as far as what to expect from this line. I want Mercer, more than anyone, and more than any other Joe, but I don't expect him at all.

lol, yeah, something to keep in mind!

But I appreciate the slow pace of this line... easier on the wallet!

I always thought they were Chinese Butterfly Knives:

$%28KGrHqQOKkQE0,97I1w0BNYT0pshlg~~_3.JPG

I wonder if that means Snake Eyes knew Wing Chun.

I do. That's why I'm giving him credit for being proficient in an art that even Bruce Lee can't really boast (butterfly knives being the edged weapon of wing chun).

I only ask because I wonder if Hama was specifically thinking wing chun when he designed the card, or if he just took what he knew were some asian weapons and put them on his chest. The inclusion of the three-sectional staff makes me think he had 36th Chamber of Shaolin in mind. He even gave him a jian.

What year did a Snake Eyes figure finally come with a katana?

I do. That's why I'm giving him credit for being proficient in an art that even Bruce Lee can't really boast (butterfly knives being the edged weapon of wing chun).

I only ask because I wonder if Hama was specifically thinking wing chun when he designed the card, or if he just took what he knew were some asian weapons and put them on his chest. The inclusion of the three-sectional staff makes me think he had 36th Chamber of Shaolin in mind. He even gave him a jian.

LOL

The 4th version with the neon swords.

Technically the '89 costume is made up of various costume elements from three assassins that were sent to kill Snakes so the inclusion of the knives may not neccessarily reflect his personal style.

'91

That's exactly what I was looking for. :duff

But his proficiency in Kung Fu (and potentially Wing Chun) might be why they stayed (or why they were put on the figure if the figure was released first). MANDO's correct in the comic's origin of the suit, which is kinda gross that SE kept wearing it after escaping :google) but I don't remember which came first, the figure or the suit's comic origin.

Then again, we're all likely overthinking it because a Hasbro designer probably said, "Hey, let's put these bigassed karate knives on 'im" and then sent word down the line to have Hama figure out a reason for SE to have them. :lol

If he was able to take out the three assassins who carried those weapons, then he knew more than whatever they knew. I figure they were masters of their chosen implement, and he mastered each of them.

Many kung fu. One man. :lecture

If he was able to take out the three assassins who carried those weapons, then he knew more than whatever they knew. I figure they were masters of their chosen implement, and he mastered each of them.

Many kung fu. One man. :lecture

If I remember correctly, they were just dumb rednecks. :lol

Back