Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered- List in First Post!!!

:lol Yeah that would be cool. A build your own edit disc where you can pick the scenes you want.

I'll be content with Harmy's restoration of the way they were truly meant to be seen.

It sure is nice that these guys go to all this trouble for us superfans.

I'll be content with Harmy's restoration of the way they were truly meant to be seen.

It sure is nice that these guys go to all this trouble for us superfans.

Oh no doubt. I love having the original edit like I stated before. It will always be my favorite way to watch all 3 of the OT. I just think having some of the extra scenes that were originally shot back then but weren't used because of the times or whatever is also cool. According to George, the Jabba scene was meant to be seen originally if it wasn't for the CGI limitations and as far as Biggs talking to Luke at the end, well that just makes the plot make more sense instead of them already in battle and be like Oh that's Biggs he's talking to? Oh I guess he's there. :lol

Well a lot of the fan edits aren't necessary but fun to have. :) The one thing I like about ANH SE is the Jabba scene. The reason being is because it was footage that Lucas shot back when but couldn't complete due to the lack of technology.

Actually that's not true. On the Blu-ray extra's discs there is a documentary on the creation of the creatures used in Return of the Jedi that came out back in 1983. It clearly states the reason Jabba was cut from the original Star Wars was because the scenes didn't come out right. Jabba wasn't menacing enough and the scene just didn't work. They then reworked all that dialogue into the Han/Greedo scene. It still doesn't work because it repeats what we saw just 5 mins earlier almost word for word and Jabba comes off as weak.

All that "lack of technology" stuff is George revising the past in the same way he says it was always intended that Greedo shoot first (https://content.usatoday.com/commun...eedo-is-the-one-who-shot-first/1#.UPswyG_qksI).

Actually that's not true. On the Blu-ray extra's discs there is a documentary on the creation of the creatures used in Return of the Jedi that came out back in 1983. It clearly states the reason Jabba was cut from the original Star Wars was because the scenes didn't come out right. Jabba wasn't menacing enough and the scene just didn't work. They then reworked all that dialogue into the Han/Greedo scene. It still doesn't work because it repeats what we saw just 5 mins earlier almost word for word and Jabba comes off as weak.

All that "lack of technology" stuff is George revising the past in the same way he says it was always intended that Greedo shoot first (https://content.usatoday.com/commun...eedo-is-the-one-who-shot-first/1#.UPswyG_qksI).

Well yeah I know George as contradicted himself many times through the years but it doesn't change the fact that the scene (minus CGI Jabba) was in fact filmed originally back then. So I still think it's a cool scene to see worked back in. That's all. I know it may not be necessary and it certainly doesn't improve the plot or anything. It's just cool to see such an old scene finally polished up and utlilized. I remember as a kid seeing that scene with the human Jabba stand in and thinking how awesome it was to see a new scene. This was back before DVDs and bonus materials like we have at our finger tips today. Once again I do think the Biggs talking to Luke scene does in fact improve the plot.

Just a heads up that Harmy is just a day or two away from completing V2.1 where he cleaned up a few things he didn't like in V2.0

He still plans on making a BD available, but they may be a month or so away. After that is completed, he will be starting work on cleaning up ESB.

GAH!!!!! oh man... what were the issues, i wonder?!? Looked SO good to me!

ah... yeah... thought that too... so It's basically minor tweaking?!?

ah... yeah... thought that too... so It's basically minor tweaking?!?

Yes, nothing major is being changed. Just some color and artifacts, I think some bits about the audio as well, but I don't know enough about the process to talk about it fluently.

Just a heads up that Harmy is just a day or two away from completing V2.1 where he cleaned up a few things he didn't like in V2.0

He still plans on making a BD available, but they may be a month or so away. After that is completed, he will be starting work on cleaning up ESB.

Please put me down for 1 copy. Looking forward to ESB. :)

I just found out yesterday about this and grabbed the 3 movies. So awesome!!!
I'm definitely down for blurays if he releases them.

Is anyone a guru on acquiring custom blu-ray cases?

I want to put my Harmy trilogy discs into something like this:

unled1copyej.png

But if he releases blurays there shouldn't be a need right?

He doesn't "release" blu-rays. He just makes them available for download. We have to do the rest.

The AVCHD version just went live, but it's probably a few more weeks before the Blu-ray becomes available.

Is anyone a guru on acquiring custom blu-ray cases?

I want to put my Harmy trilogy discs into something like this:

unled1copyej.png

Couldn't you just buy some crap z movie bluray for a buck or two and use those cases?

Couldn't you just buy some crap z movie bluray for a buck or two and use those cases?

You could, but they typically use crap BD cases as well. The cases you want are from Elite. I have mine in a 3-pk that works well for me.

IMG_2854_zps72fe7201.jpg

IMG_7730_zps998325ed.jpg

IMG_1155_zps4501f11c.jpg

Back