Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is your default ROTJ to watch at home? Harmy 2.5 or Grindhouse?

The harmy's are nice but my go to is the grindhouse versions. I am going to get Jedi to finish out that set and then I can pick the version I want to watch depending on mood. Overall I prefer the rough looking version as that as what we grew up with. Either way you can't go wrong Khev

The harmy's are nice but my go to is the grindhouse versions. I am going to get Jedi to finish out that set and then I can pick the version I want to watch depending on mood. Overall I prefer the rough looking version as that as what we grew up with. Either way you can't go wrong Khev

In my room or even living room, I go Grindhouse. The screen is smaller and overall the feeling of being a kid watching again is there.

In the theater room, I go Harmy.

I know what I'll be searching for and downloading when I get home. Now I have to remember if I have the grindhouse ESB.

Oh I hear you, I have all the current Harmy releases plus Team Negative SW but not Grindhouse ESB or ROTJ. I find myself defaulting to Harmy SW 90% of the time and was curious as to which version others tend to gravitate toward.

It's nice to be able to watch the unaltered versions since they are what we got originally. I understand what Lucas wanted to do but since he fought for the preservation of movies he should have left the original version available. I prefer him to do story outlines and letting someone else fill it in. Empire is still my favorite but Star Wars is right there. Prequels had moments I enjoyed but overall I rarely watch them. Still everyone has their favorite movie and anything that keeps new movies coming is something that I will be happy about. I liked Rogue One a lot and I enjoyed Force Awakens and look forward to Last Jedi

It's nice to be able to watch the unaltered versions since they are what we got originally. I understand what Lucas wanted to do but since he fought for the preservation of movies he should have left the original version available. I prefer him to do story outlines and letting someone else fill it in. Empire is still my favorite but Star Wars is right there. Prequels had moments I enjoyed but overall I rarely watch them. Still everyone has their favorite movie and anything that keeps new movies coming is something that I will be happy about. I liked Rogue One a lot and I enjoyed Force Awakens and look forward to Last Jedi

Yeah, for a while I just watched the Team Negative SW just to experience the 100% true theatrical version at home but now especially with Rogue One I find myself just defaulting to the pristine Harmy editions so that they all more or less have comparable picture quality.

The Ady ESB Revisited is currently only out as the mkv file. He has stated that the blu-ray version with menus and features is still to come.

Grindhouse RotJ is a go.

Watched it last night.

Man I was kid again. Pure 35mm scan and it shows.
Made me remember getting out of school early to catch one of the first shows of the day.

I may have to get the ESB and ROTJ from you, as I am not able to locate them anywhere.

Which versions are the original 35mm prints available in?

I have the Harmys OT but would also love the OT as they were shown back in the day [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these something the great jimjimmyjones85 is offering like the Harmy blu-rays?

Yes he does. I got the Jedi in today but haven't watched it yet. I love the Star Wars and Empire scans though. Star wars is a cleaned up scan and the other 2 I believe are just scans of the 35 mm print. The harmys are great too. Glad to have them all.

Back