Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

I'd rather have Han and Luke as stormtroopers than normal stormtroopers. I'm wondering if they are coming with helmets or not.

Time to restart on my trash compactor diorama.

Anyone remember how tough it was to score the Hasbro Exclusive. You pretty much had to luck into them, was it KB or TRU?

It is possible that they will modify the headsculpts to be HT style. That may persuade me to buy.

And if they are HT style heads and the difference is as dramatic as the difference between Clonobi's head and AOTB Obi I will buy for sure.

I'd rather have Han and Luke as stormtroopers than normal stormtroopers. I'm wondering if they are coming with helmets or not.

Anyone remember how tough it was to score the Hasbro Exclusive. You pretty much had to luck into them, was it KB or TRU?

It was TRU I think.....tough to find??? I bought them from a comic shop for $150!!!:horror

I'm with you. I have the Marmits I bought ages ago and I'm happy with them, not that there's anything wrong with the Sideshow ones.

If its on the new body it almost has to be the HT style design. I know the Indy stuff hasn't been but since CW Obi-Was I'd think they'd follow suit on that. Though, for me personally I don't think the difference is all that dramatic. Though, I do like the way SS does the HT style.

I saw a few posts earlier regarding hoping the figures are cheap because its a 2 pack.

I really doubt it, SDCC exclusives are typically more expensive than normal releases. Also, we didn't see a reduced price for the Palpatine 2 pack.

I'm guessing $200-$210 for the set.

Here's what I'm hoping...the heads are True type style and cast in the same resin as Clonobi and a better paint job, especially on Luke's hair! The one I got was green!

I would hope for the paintwork to remain uniquely Sideshow's style while improving on the craftsmanship.

Dammit! I thought I could let these pass by! But with all the goods you guys have been speculating, like the commlink and grappling hook, and now ProgMatinee's idea of the trash compactor diorama, now I'm going to HAVE TO get these!

:mad:

I've been holding off on the purchase of a second stormtrooper in the hopes that we would get this announcement about Luke/Han in stormtrooper disguise. I would imagine they will come with their helmets - which would make these two nice diverse figures; they can play the heroes or fill the imperial ranks.

Now if only SS unveils Chewie at SDCC to complete this set up.

I've been holding off on the purchase of a second stormtrooper in the hopes that we would get this announcement about Luke/Han in stormtrooper disguise. I would imagine they will come with their helmets - which would make these two nice diverse figures; they can play the heroes or fill the imperial ranks.

Now if only SS unveils Chewie at SDCC to complete this set up.

Chewie isn't coming...

Yea they pretty much stated in one of there Q&As we won't be see chewie for a long time.

If a reg Stormie costs $90, there is no reason to expect a Han and Luke set with the same armor or modified for Luke to be less than $180. I doubt it'll be a two pack. I have no problem with them using a modified Han and Luke head.....the sculpts were fantastic, however, I would want them to release then with quality paint apps and helmets (ala Leia boosh)

I'm wondering if we'll get helmets that fit over the sculpted heads (doubt it) or Han and Luke heads HT style on neck adaptors that would then come with a ST helmet that requires the removal of the sculpted heads. This would allow for tons of kit bashing. Great for army building STs, and for using the Han and Luke heads on TT (Han) or even Pro (Luke) bodies for better articulated Ep4 figs?

Back