Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

Why is everyone so sure they'll reuse the ANH sculpts that already exist? If they were to create new ones they could reuse them down the line for new figures (X-Wing Luke, Death Star Escape Han, Celebration Han).

Very interested to see these, but they would have to be new and terrific sculpts for me to shell out the enormous cost of getting these to England.

I think the main reason is that the silhouettes on the sneak preview page look exactly like the hair on the current sculpts. Plus I think they are more likely to try and re-use something on an SDCC exclusive. I'm sure they'll make new Luke and Han sculpts down the road when they make other versions of the characters.

The DLT-19 is the large rifle Han carries around while in the stormtrooper gear and passes to chewbacca in the detention block. (see pic below) The Binders are the cuffs that were used on leia and luke tries to put on chewie the ANH leia figure already came with a set of them so there an easy reused accessory.

Dlt-19.jpg

Thanks. Its a matter of time when we do get the DLT-19, this has got to come with one of the SandTroopers.:)

Why is everyone so sure they'll reuse the ANH sculpts that already exist? If they were to create new ones they could reuse them down the line for new figures (X-Wing Luke, Death Star Escape Han, Celebration Han).

Very interested to see these, but they would have to be new and terrific sculpts for me to shell out the enormous cost of getting these to England.

Because a lot of SS's SDCC stuff are repaints.

Sideshow is the new Hasbro.

I'm quite curious what will they do with the Stormie helmets. Will the be included as well?

Wonder if the package would change for this? ala side by side like Hasbro

Wonder if the package would change for this? ala side by side like Hasbro

My guess is, if its going to be a 2-pack did probably be similar to what we got for Palpatine.

I wonder is there anymore SW figures hiding in the remaining 4 silhouette?:google

Can anyone spot a knees bending Chewie on the left side of Luke? Hah hah..

Last edited:

i wonder how much the set will cost. $180 plus will be steep to foot right now with toht and cc coming out and dutch and predator around the corner

i wonder how much the set will cost. $180 plus will be steep to foot right now with toht and cc coming out and dutch and predator around the corner

It all depends on when they ship, if its this year, yikes. If they arent til next year, would be alot better.

Man Im lost, you actually get these at the Con right?

Why would it be a big deal to anyone if these are just repaints? I mean thats what Con items are really supposed to be something that won't tick folks off if they miss or something not totally brand new.

It is possible that they will modify the headsculpts to be HT style. That may persuade me to buy.

Yep, and people not at SDCC get theirs shipped around the same time so these will be out Late July.

So we should see a PPO soon for these? For the Attendees and Non attendees? Or will they just go up for sale?

So we should see a PPO soon for these? For the Attendees and Non attendees? Or will they just go up for sale?

Preorders. After next week these are pretty much the ONLY preorders we will see until SDCC.

It is possible that they will modify the headsculpts to be HT style. That may persuade me to buy.

If SS knows what the consumers want they WILL be HT styled, no necks and NO DOLL DOT!

in the past it's been two ppos one for attendees and then the next day or so one for non attendees

Back