Halo Reach.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft: HD Remakes Not a Focus
Publisher questions consumer value of re-released content.
October 25, 2010

by Jim Reilly
Xbox 360 fans hopeful of one day playing a HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved may want to lower their excitement levels for now.

During an interview with IGN last week, Microsoft Game Studios Corporate Vice President Phil Spencer was asked about the possibility of re-releasing HD remakes of classic Xbox titles, such as Halo: CE and Halo 2, for Xbox 360 in the future. Spencer said it's not a bad idea, but it's not something he's thinking about right now.

"I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea," he said. "I'm going to think about it from the customer's perspective, and are we really delivering something of value to the customer at a price that they want?"

"We obviously have a lot of new things going on, so the thought of re-doing a bunch of things is probably difficult to just weave into the overall portfolio," Spencer added. "If you can provide real value to the customer, there could be possibilities for that, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it."

Sony has been active in re-releasing PlayStation 2 titles for PlayStation 3 both on Blu-ray disc and through PlayStation Network since last year. A PS2 God of War collection was released in November while collections for Sly Cooper and both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are in the works.

Ubisoft, meanwhile, is planning to release Beyond Good & Evil HD next year.

I don't see why they wouldn't want to double dip on these games. How many resources could this actually take?? Obviously with the God of War Collection sales it's something people want.

Going to gun for the 1000 kills challenge this week. Wish me luck :D

Josh does this challenge tempt you some? :)

Going to gun for the 1000 kills challenge this week. Wish me luck :D

Josh does this challenge tempt you some? :)

Haven't played this for a bit. Took a break honestly after playing it a ton for the first month. Now that the cap is lifted I'll get back to playing some.

Bulb Drama UPDATE! Bulb should be here Monday. :pray: And with Target's buy 2 get one free promo I picked up Gears 2, H A L O 3, and LFD2.

Back