Halloween (spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since this is a spoiler forum, I'm just going to come right out and say I fear a sequel to this film. Of all the Halloween films, this one ended such that a plausible way to bring him back really isn't there; every film has stretched what he can survive, but we're led to pretty much assume that Michael's head is blown wide open when Laurie pulls the trigger, doesn't leave much room for sequel power when your head's split by a gun, and whatever manner they could come up with to make him come back would just seem cheesy. Halloween 4 was believable because Michael's more than human, so to survive flames was acceptable, as was the multiple times he came back from gunfire. Resurrection even did a decent job of getting past the fact that his head was severed off in H20 by writing that he swapped out with a guard, you could buy it, but I don't know what you could even hope to get your audience to accept with this one.

If they wanted it to be a finite ending, they would've shown his head blown open.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. We DID NOT see her shoot him. We just assumed she did. She wasn't handleing that gun very well and could have easily have missed with the kick back.

Also, there is the part when it goes black for a few momements. This could be time passing, enough time for Michael to do a body swap with Loomis and get away ala H20. We never saw the eyes under that mask open so it could have been Loomis, who could still be alive either way (if the head crunch wasn't fatal or if Laurie missed 'Michael' with the gun).

I'd say a sequal is inevitable, even if Zombie or anyone else doesn't return they will just fine someone else to fill the mask with. Laurie would really need to be the only one to come back. I could see a Halloween 2 remake being the sequal. Like I said, Loomis and Michael could easily be brought back since neither were 'killed' on screen. If Loomis was dead, why was Michael dragging him through the house? :confused:

Holy Smokes! Wow, thats good to hear, I think the movie may crack the 100 mill mark.

lol no way. That movie has NO legs at all. It'll make 40M even with international numbers thrown in. It won't even catch H20 (55M) but it won't be nowhere near 100M. The TCM remake broke 100M and I'm still shocked at that one. Roger Ebert must have had a fit seeing that happen.

The damage has been done anyway. Mediocre film making has been given another pass.

(and they could easily bring him back. All you need is to have Michael rise out of the ambulance and escape. It doesn't really need an explanation. If Zombie directs this then we'll have to deal with hillbilly paramedics talking about what dead body they felt up when they picked it up. Probably with "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by BTO playing in the background).

It's already at 26 million. Get ready for a crappy Friday the 13th remake.

It's blown it's load thanks to a holiday weekend. It'll make around 40 something million then be released on DVD around Christmas time for a nice final cash push. As for a Friday remake my standards for that remake are far lower than that for Halloween. Jason is the funner, stupider version but I love him more than Myers as his entertainment value is pretty high. I respect Myers more tho' and put him up a little higher which is why I'm harder on Halloween movies than I am on Friday ones.

I don't know what the numbers will be, but this film, this genre, for the most part has no staying power in theaters, you catch the ones who really want to see it first week or two then it slowly tanks. My prediction is this fades in U.S. theats by the end of September, comes back for special showings the week prior to Halloween, then hits DVD around holiday season.

I hope there is a sequel but if not I think the film will stand on its own nicely....

It's blown it's load thanks to a holiday weekend. It'll make around 40 something million then be released on DVD around Christmas time for a nice final cash push. As for a Friday remake my standards for that remake are far lower than that for Halloween. Jason is the funner, stupider version but I love him more than Myers as his entertainment value is pretty high. I respect Myers more tho' and put him up a little higher which is why I'm harder on Halloween movies than I am on Friday ones.

I'm in the same boat. It's also why I was down on the TCM remake, but was okay with the Hills Have Eyes reworking.

I just checked boxofficemojo.com, and Friday's estimate is approximately $11 million. My guess is that the film will make at least $30 million over the course of the holiday weekend. Not too shabby.

My guess was pretty good. According to boxofficemojo's estimates, the film took in $31 million during the four-day Labor Day weekend.

Hey everyone, Just incase you want to know, You can get the NECA 7 inch Michael Myers from Rob Zombie's Halloween at www.hottopic.com Hope that helps someone who wants one.:D Can anyone tell me where to get the 18 inch of the same figure????:confused:

Cornerstorecomics/Amazingtoyz have the 7" for $12. They also have the 18"er available for pre-order.

https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/

https://www.amazingtoyz.com/

Also stores like FYE/Suncoast should carry the 18" later this year. Spencers, Hot Topic, FYE/Suncoast should all be getting the 7" in any time if not already.

I loved this film which is odd because of the Halloween movies I really only liked 2 or 3 of them(first, second and H2O).
In my opinion, if you watch Zombie's movie up to when Michael fights Ken Foree then stop and start watching the Carpenter original from where Jamie Lee Curtis is walking to the old Myer's House and meets up with Tommy the movie would flow perfectly.
My only regret is that Rob Zombie probably won't direct a sequel if/when they do one. But, here's hoping.

it cracks me up! all of you who talk about this having to much gore when taht is exactly what the original Halloween was as well as Friday the 13th etc. They all fall in the same lines of Hostle, etc... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Too much Gore! :lol:lol:lol

it cracks me up! all of you who talk about this having to much gore when taht is exactly what the original Halloween was as well as Friday the 13th etc. They all fall in the same lines of Hostle, etc... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Too much Gore! :lol:lol:lol

Dude, the original Halloween wasn't very gory at all. Friday the 13th was with its Tom Savini magic but Halloween was far from gory. Outside of the nudity and language you can air the entire movie on daytime TV without editing the kills (which they've done on the sci-fi channel on Saturday mornings).

I'm in the same boat. It's also why I was down on the TCM remake, but was okay with the Hills Have Eyes reworking.

Man I loved that Hills Have Eyes remake. I wasn't that big a fan of the original one but I think the remake exceeding my expectations by a lot. Aja Alexander did as great directing job as I knew he would. He's a guy to really keep an eye on after Haute Tension and Hills remake, I would have love for him to do the Halloween Remake instead of Zombie.

Back