Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who hate on these DGG film trilogy are not true Halloween Michael Myers fans. If you are a true fan then no matter what they put out will be good in your eyes. Yes there are some things wrong with these past two films as with any film that's put out. Could things have been done a little better or differently? Absolutely, but we should take whatever we can get and be happy with it . I myself personally love these films because they stuck to the source material. Every other Halloween film, they showed Michael Myers eyes and he never had the damage from the hanger in his left eye 👁️. I cannot wait for Halloween Ends

71E59F92-E8AF-487D-B632-C301D7908EAB.jpeg

People who hate on these DGG film trilogy are not true Halloween Michael Myers fans. If you are a true fan then no matter what they put out will be good in your eyes. Yes there are some things wrong with these past two films as with any film that's put out. Could things have been done a little better or differently? Absolutely, but we should take whatever we can get and be happy with it . I myself personally love these films because they stuck to the source material. Every other Halloween film, they showed Michael Myers eyes and he never had the damage from the hanger in his left eye 👁️. I cannot wait for Halloween Ends
I Am with you here, lonely place though, I felt this film was a good Halloween film and caught tbe mood well.

My review:

Halloween Kills: 7/10

I know I am alone on this one, but this was a pretty good Halloween film.

I think its light years better than 5/6/7

Better than H20.

I like the transition to the” he is no longer a man, but something else feeding off violence and death.”

I enjoyed the flashbacks, and the tie ins to the original. The middle mob scene was a bit heavy handed, but I got what they were going for, and modern movie audeieces are pretty stuoid, so you have to be blunt and obvious with any kind of story.

I always liked the Halloween franchise to be the boogeyman story. So I did enjoy oarts of the Thorn ideas, and felt that could have been a good story, if told by capable filmakers.

Really curious to see where they take this. Hopefully the next one is not as in your face with the analogies….

I do see why a certain segment of population would feel “attacked” but some
of the obvious messages, but what do those types not feel attacked by these days.

Overall

H1.
H4
H2
Halloween 18
Kills

then all the rest are trash. including those awful RZ snuff films.

I like a lot about Halloween Kills, it certainly has issues, but for me, the good outweighs the bad.

Today, I would rank the series.

1. Halloween (1978)
2. Halloween II (1981) / Halloween Kills
3. Halloween (2018)
4. Halloween H2O
5. Halloween 4
6. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers
7. Halloween (2007)
8. Halloween 5
9 Halloween Resurrection

I like a lot about Halloween Kills, it certainly has issues, but for me, the good outweighs the bad.

Today, I would rank the series.

1. Halloween (1978)
2. Halloween II (1981) / Halloween Kills
3. Halloween (2018)
4. Halloween H2O
5. Halloween 4
6. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers
7. Halloween (2007)
8. Halloween 5
9 Halloween Resurrection
Curious, and maybe you cant quantify it. What did you like about H20? I get the JLC angle, but I have always struggled as to why people liked this so much.

I like the simplified story, it’s more basic like the early films and no crazy thorn plots or things like that. Other than seeing Myers eyes, I like the Stan Winston studio mask too.

Huh. That’s weird. Why would they do that? Covid isn’t really that huge as before . And most people in the world will pick the option to stay home.

So I watched 2018 and Kills last night

I thought Kills was ok with my first watch. This was my 2nd and it’s not a very good film. Anything with MM is good but the whole “evil dies tonight” stuff is up there with some of the worst the series has to offer. Just dumb and corny.

Looking forward to ends though .

My rankings

The Great
1. Halloween (1978)

The Good
2. Halloween II (1981)
3. Halloween (2018)
4. Halloween H2O

The Bad
5. Halloween Kills
6. Halloween 4
7. Halloween 5
8. Halloween: The curse of Michael Myers

The ******* ugly
9. RZ Halloween
10. RZ Halloween 2
11. Halloween Resurrection

I like Kills. I think it has tons of good stuff in it even though it's messy & evil dies tonight is unintentionally hilarious by the time Tommy is saying it like aloha to people in the hospital. But other than the drawn out "everyone confuses Michael Myers with Brokedick Penguin Guy cuz Themes" section I have a blast watching it. And even that part ends with a satisfying splat and is intercut with some stellar Big/Little John stuff.

Curious, and maybe you cant quantify it. What did you like about H20? I get the JLC angle, but I have always struggled as to why people liked this so much.
The conflict with JLC at the end is great with some decent MM acting by the stunt guy. One of the few actors who got some of the movements right IMO

Micheal flipping the tables and lowering himself down from the ceiling is good stuff. There is some style there. I think Steve Miner has always directed climatic stalking stuff well as evident in Ft13th part 2 and to a lesser extent part 3

Everything leading up to that finale in H2O is forgettable though.

I like Kills. I think it has tons of good stuff in it even though it's messy & evil dies tonight is unintentionally hilarious by the time Tommy is saying it like aloha to people in the hospital. But other than the drawn out "everyone confuses Michael Myers with Brokedick Penguin Guy cuz Themes" section I have a blast watching it. And even that part ends with a satisfying splat and is intercut with some stellar Big/Little John stuff.
Man but that “Evil dies tonight” stuff is just so bad. Takes it from a good Halloween movie to a bad one IMO.

Watching it this last time made me realize the writers has no idea what to do with the middle chapter. I am guessing they have some good ideas for Halloween Ends but really just made the 2nd one for more $$$. I have a feeling that accept for seeing how MM gets out of the burning house, how the sheriff survives, and JLC dying at the end, you will be able to skip part 2

With the delayed release of Kills, they really have no excuse why it couldn't have been reedited to limit the amount of screentime wasted on the mob plotline, the other mental patient, and several of the characters. I mean someone involved must've seen the issues it had. It just felt bogged down and less than the sum of it's parts as a result. Granted, these aren't art films or prestigious cinematic masterpieces. Based on what I've heard and seen from Ends, I'm not as excited for it. For some reason, they keep having other characters wearing the Shape's mask. Honestly, I think that's a mistake.

After a second veiwing, I still feel the same.

The whole evil dies tonight was obviously some social commentary, that just was not needed. I didnt mind the mental patient part or the mob killing the wrong guy, it was just too heavy handed and took up too much screen time.

My biggest complaint was the lack of the Myers effect. They only use it in the park scene…the whole always there, behind the bushes, quietly stalking…..

He was too in your face for me. The cat and mouse aspects were thin….its oart ofnwhy I like part 4, they really captures the whole hes sneaking up on you vibe.

This was less of sneaking up and more of people going to look for him, and that just felt wrong.

Back