Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed the first 30-40 minutes of the film and then holy crap did it take a massive dive off a cliff. Ironically as soon as Michael Myers entered the film. I think this might actually be worse than the second of the trilogy. Still, we’ll always have that first 2018 film which was pretty damn awesome.

Nothing can be worse than Resurrection lol

Right….

Right?

RIGHT!!! :horror :panic:
I just watched Resurrection 4 nights ago with my son who had never seen it. So it’s fresh in my head.

HR is the worse film but at least it can be made fun of. HE has nothing enjoyable to it. Maybe the final fight in the kitchen but that really offered little to know excitement. Did not help that I was sitting there in disbelief over the previous 1 hour and 15 min of trash I just witnessed. Kind of hard to get excited for the final confrontation of a Halloween film when you have not been watching a Halloween film.

It started good, for me anyways, but then quickly went into confusing “different” territory as in lame territory lol and while the ending was an improvement than the rest it’s not enough to save it not even close.

Jye is Porky, this movie is Bugs...

Halloween surprise.jpg

Competently-made movie, but it's not the movie it was supposed to be. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. Certainly not going to get worked up about it. I knew what to expect going in. Still, wish we had gotten a "final" showdown between the Shape and Laurie Strode that was a real knockout. Oh well.

Last edited:
It started good, for me anyways, but then quickly went into confusing “different” territory as in lame territory lol and while the ending was an improvement than the rest it’s not enough to save it not even close.
I thought the opening was interesting. I thought the meeting at the hospital between Corey and Lori's granddaughter was fine. The film went downhill as soon as they went out on their first date and I just could not imagine what she saw in this guy :lol He was not interesting personality wise and he kind of looked like Malachi from Children of the Corn. :lol Then he just kept acting creepier... Of course, this film went out of its way to make Lori's granddaughter unlikable, so I guess they were a good match :lol

Everyone was unlikable in this film IMO. Even Lori was a bit too much with her new happy outlook on life. So in 40 years with Michael locked away she could not get over her fear and misery but in four years after the death of her daughter and Michael on the loose she can act all :blissy

All the community members of Haddonfield were trash. Just a miserable little town of jerks. Very hard to care when I hate everybody :lol

Well made movie, but it's not the movie it was supposed to be. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. Certainly not going to get worked up about it. I knew what to expect going in.
Other then its the final movie that they botched... Yeah nothing to get upset over. Halloween has been a chose your own adventure series for some time now so I will just choose this adventure to end at 2018

I disagree about it being well made. Its competently made. Visually its nice and all and the acting is not bad. But the movie was all over the place and had unlikable characters. Plus its a Halloween film... So give us a Halloween film :lol

Saw it this morning, and like the 2018 movie when I first saw it, I was taken back by how different of a film it was compared to the overall franchise, but within the context of the storyline they came up with to build off of ‘78, it works for me.

It does not feel like a Halloween or slasher film, it feels more like a thriller.

I have more to say later.

Man, I really wanted to like this but it felt like after they finished Kills they realized they really only had one thing left to do with Laurie and Michael. They really should have just wrapped it up then.

Back