Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the town going after micheal got boring fast. Also I’m tired of Laurie vs micheal . Yea I know she’s a legacy character but it got meh after kills

I watched Rob Zombies Halloween 2 last weekend. This movie would have to be truly woeful to be half as bad as that movie.

I haven't liked a RZ movie yet. I think the last one I saw was Devil's Rejects which I'm told is a good one. I can't tell between a good one and a bad one. They all make me feel gross so that's something.

I enjoy RZ Halloween. While there are some aspects I don't necessarily agree with, I feel like it does a pretty decent job of balancing faithfulness to the original with bringing a new twist. I actually love McDowell as Loomis in and I really enjoyed the expansion of his character and history with Michael, it's something I was often curious about with Pleasance's version.

His Halloween 2 was like, ok, I was faithful with my first film, I don't need to keep that up now so I'm going to just do my own thing from here on out. It didn't feel like a Halloween movie of any kind, and it didn't even really feel like a natural sequel to his own movie. The dramatic changes in character for everyone, Annie, Loomis, Laurie, it's just a mess.

RZ lost any respect I could possibly have for him after watching his director's cut of Halloween. The things he chose to put in or do differently compared to the theatrical are just disgustingly unnecessary. I am so grateful I bought the DVD of the theatrical cut when it first came out because you can't even obtain the theatrical cut in any media format now.

I enjoy RZ Halloween. While there are some aspects I don't necessarily agree with, I feel like it does a pretty decent job of balancing faithfulness to the original with bringing a new twist. I actually love McDowell as Loomis in and I really enjoyed the expansion of his character and history with Michael, it's something I was often curious about with Pleasance's version.

His Halloween 2 was like, ok, I was faithful with my first film, I don't need to keep that up now so I'm going to just do my own thing from here on out. It didn't feel like a Halloween movie of any kind, and it didn't even really feel like a natural sequel to his own movie. The dramatic changes in character for everyone, Annie, Loomis, Laurie, it's just a mess.

RZ lost any respect I could possibly have for him after watching his director's cut of Halloween. The things he chose to put in or do differently compared to the theatrical are just disgustingly unnecessary. I am so grateful I bought the DVD of the theatrical cut when it first came out because you can't even obtain the theatrical cut in any media format now.
Curious could you break down why you prefer the theatrical over the extended.

Also the opposite can be found on VUDU.

Only the theatrical is able to be purchased and not the Extended.

Overall, I can watch RZ Halloween. There are things I really enjoy (beginning scenes) and things I really hate (dream sequences). Oddly, I'm not a fan of RZ H2, but really like the dream scene in the hospital.

I recently started trying to catch up for Halloween Ends this week. Mainly sticking with a rewatch of Halloween (1978), first watch of Halloween (2018), and first watch of Halloween Kills leading up to ends. Going into them completely blind. Zero expectations. No trailers. Nothing.

Halloween (1978) while not my favorite Carpenter film was great all the same. Some creepy POV handheld stuff really stands out and of course the theme. Not much else to say here. Everyone knows its a classic.

Which brings me to Halloween (2018). Some heavy Sarah Connor influence with Laurie here. I did dig the idea of her being prepared this time around. Though it did seem slightly contradictory that with all the preparation of the house she decided to go hunting for him around town. I guess that was just to give Laurie something to do while Michael is snapping necks around town and what not.

Some goofy moments with some of the mostly superfluous teen friends of Laurie's granddaughter getting murdered, but I suppose Michael needed to warm up. :lol

Not sure how I felt about Myer's psychologist going all Harley Quinn for Myers either, but I did like that Myers was pretty indifferent to it and killed him straight away haha.

Outside of that? Not too bad. Not sure what else you could have done with a sequel to the original so its pretty funny that not only does this have a direct follow up, but several other out of continuity films.

Next up Halloween Kills...

Interesting Maybe I'll revisit the RZ movies. I have the box set so I think I have both theatrical and director's cut. I remember (and agree) the heinous rape scene so I must have seen the DC.

There is a Canadian double feature blu ray that has the theatrical cut of both films

https://www.amazon.com/Zombies-Hall...ocphy=1023468&hvtargid=pla-492823022805&psc=1

Last edited:
Saw it earlier. It's definitely a mind boggling decision for how to end your trilogy. Very little Myers. It's basically a totally different story related to MM without MM for most of the runtime. Understand why Myers fans are pissed.
That said, I enjoyed it except for a couple of points. I'm very comfortable with '78 on a pedestal and the rest in a tub of jank. But like pizza, even when it's bad it's kinda good. I even like the one where Michael goes back in time to get some whales.

So it gets a thumbs up from me and I do not recommend it. :lol

Wow. Congratulations Halloween Ends, you are officially a contender for the worst Halloween movie.

This took things that I liked the least from some of the worst films in the series. I won’t get into it now as spoilers will be made.

But there a things from part 4, Curse, and RZ Halloween 2 in there that I hated in those films and hated again in this one.

What a boring mess. I can handle that MM is not in it but **** man at least give me something interesting to watch.

Save your money and watch on peacock. This series needs to finally die.

I really did not want any sequels after 2018 as I thought they ended it perfectly and they would possibly screw it up… well they did.

This is the Jason Goes to Hell of the Halloween films. It’s like the people who made this film had no idea what people like about Halloween films. They think we want something drastically different… Different is fine but you got to have a good story and likable characters. This film had neither.

Remember how the last 2 films tried a little bit to get you to like the victims before MM came calling… not this film. Everyone who gets killed is an ass hole.

Just awful

Back