Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I liked it :)

I cant argue about how stupid the mob was.. BUT it was so stupid and over the top I was laughing and found it enjoyable.

I liked the old couple

I liked the couple in the Myers house. I thought the film did a decent job of me not wanting to see people get killed.

I dont think any of us are the same people we were in 1978 :)

I thought the Kills were great and plenty gory.. Plus people did not die right away... Pretty gruesome I thought.

I prefer a Michael without a Laurie obsession. Since it really makes no sense if you make them Brother and sister. You end up in the same trap that all the other Halloween films had to follow.

Mob was stupid and that really was it for me. I thought it was a fun slasher and the guy playing Michael was great.

No way this is worse then Resurrection.

Halloween Rankings (That have Myers in it)

The Best
1. Halloween 1978 - Perfect, nothing in this series is close.

The Good

2. Halloween 2 1981 - Good
3. Halloween H20 - Good but a bit boring
4. Halloween Kills - Good but very silly at times
5. Halloween 2018 - Good but very silly at times

The Bad
6. Halloween 4 - Not awful but not as good as many make it out to be. Awful Michael Myers (He has no neck)
7. Rob Zombies Halloween 2 - Yep I kind of dont hate it
8. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - Bad but watchable due to the atmosphere
9. Halloween 5 - Bad

The Ugly
10. Rob Zombies Halloween - Awful

The Unwatchable
11. Halloween Resurrection - Worse then Awful
:gah: :lol :gah:

Your overall ranking are pretty solid although I would place 2018/Kills right there with Zombie’s 2 entries lol

If what was going on in Haddonfield in this movie was really taking place you would have all the major national news outlets parked there in town hell we had that ONE blonde girl from Long Island (Gabby) go missing and it was on a 24 news cycle!

The FBI would have an armada there lol

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No. Was it flawed? Yes. Does every film in the franchise have flaws? Yes.

At the end of the day, it's about being entertained. I've long let go of the idea of any Halloween movies really keeping to the Shape concept. This trilogy seems to be taking the closest approach though.

After watching it, my personal Myers film rankings are.

1. Halloween 1978
2. Halloween 2018
3. Halloween II 1981
4. Halloween Kills
5. Halloween H20
6. Halloween 4
7. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers
8. Halloween 2007
9. Halloween 5
10. Halloween Resurrection
11. Halloween II 2009

How did he get back up to his sisters room after the beat down are they saying he is a ghost lol

She even saw him as a child which prompted her to go look for him.

How did he get back up to his sisters room after the beat down are they saying he is a ghost lol

He's no longer human according to Laurie, but a supernatural force that feeds and grows on fear.

"I always thought Michael Myers was flesh and blood just like you and me. But a mortal man could not have survived what he's lived through. The more he kills, the more he transcends into something else impossible to defeat. Fear. People are afraid. That is the true curse of Michael. You can't defeat it with brute force."

Glad it was on Peacock ..another film I wouldn’t spend a dime on the theater after watching it. :rolleyes:

It’s hard to believe that after all these Halloween films …Halloween III was the only one that had nothing to do with the franchise theme :lecture

She even saw him as a child which prompted her to go look for him.

I guess it comes down to how you walk into watching one of these. I assumed with the dialogue and everything, that Michael would just fade off into the night, and when he showed up behind Karen, I was totally caught off guard and I thought it was a great moment, I didn't and don't care how he got back in.

He's no longer human according to Laurie, but a supernatural force that feeds and grows on fear.

"I always thought Michael Myers was flesh and blood just like you and me. But a mortal man could not have survived what he's lived through. The more he kills, the more he transcends into something else impossible to defeat. Fear. People are afraid. That is the true curse of Michael. You can't defeat it with brute force."
There has always been something up with Michael. Even in the first film, knives and six shots could not kill him.

He has always been something more than human.

There has always been something up with Michael. Even in the first film, knives and six shots could not kill him.

He has always been something more than human.

From my first watch of '78 I assumed he was supernatural. (Even Loomis' magical seventh shot couldn't kill him!)

Not just because he was un-killable, but he never had to rush to catch up with anyone. :lol

I was pretty bummed with how dumb this movie became because aside from the podcasters with michaels mask, I thought that movie was great. Dont know why laurie doesnt just move to hawaii but whatever.

This was sort of the last jedi of halloween movies for me because i had expectatioms, plus the flashback at the beginning was awesome....then the rest of the movie happened.

When was the last time we got a new iconic horror villain/monster? Just reboots and sequels… Candyman, Halloween, Alien, Scream, IT…

When was the last time we got a new iconic horror villain/monster? Just reboots and sequels… Candyman, Halloween, Alien, Scream, IT…
I agree that there aren't many, but from the last 15-20 years I would argue that these are iconic creations;

The Babadook
The aliens from "A Quiet Place" and "A Quiet Place Part II"
Sam from "Trick 'r Treat"
Billy the Puppet/Jigsaw from the "Saw" movies
Parker Crane/The Old Woman from the first three "Insidious" movies

Maybe switch out Parker Crane/The Old Woman for The Man with the Fire in His Face from all four "Insidious" movies. But, both The Old Woman and The Man with the Fire in His Face are iconic horror characters from an iconic horror franchise in my opinion.

Last edited:
I was pretty bummed with how dumb this movie became because aside from the podcasters with michaels mask, I thought that movie was great. Dont know why laurie doesnt just move to hawaii but whatever.

This was sort of the last jedi of halloween movies for me because i had expectatioms, plus the flashback at the beginning was awesome....then the rest of the movie happened.
You just gave me a mental image of Michael sitting in a middle seat on a flight to Hawaii... Not reading, not killing, just sitting there staring ahead, annoyed like the rest of us who've ever been stuck in a middle seat on a long flight... :)

Imagine him killing with one of those flower necklaces .

He forgot to pack his grass skirt, but remembered his Hawaiian shirt...

Halloween-Michael-Myers-Hawaiian-Shirt.jpg

...now to work on the sun tan...

Holy crap after 40 YEARS EVIL FINALLY DIES TONIGHT (NOT) in the same week that William Shatner went to space on a giant penis and his face is a Halloween mask on PeaCOCK streaming :rotfl

They haven’t destroyed a movie this bad in quite some time holy crap is this movie a POS.

Last edited:
Here's where I think this trilogy is being met with very mixed reactions, and it even happened with me with 2018.

They made a choice with these new films to not be traditional slasher films. I walked into 2018 expecting a traditional slasher because there was nothing to suggest it might be otherwise. On my first viewing, I didn't feel like it was bad, I just felt like I saw a movie very different from what I would anticipate in this franchise. Once I accepted that they were doing something different, and watched it embracing that, I came to like it a lot because I feel like it does a good job at being a story about the fallout on Laurie from the events of '78.

Going into Kills, I retained the expectation of a film similar to 2018 and still not a typical slasher movie, because I had every reason to expect that again, so I wasn't disappointed when it didn't follow that format this time around.

That said, I'm not saying this movie is a masterpiece or flawless, but I think a big part of being able to enjoy it is being able to let go of wanting it to be more of a slasher. If holding it to that is very important to you, which is ok, then yeah, you'll probably never like this movie.

Back