Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know hulk smash is satisfying but it doesn’t really show any growth for the character, we saw hulk smash good in Avengers and AOU already. His finale in end game was the finger snap and I think that was great thematically. Hulk is normally an out of control expression of rage and pain that ends up hurting the people that he and banner love (and bystanders and tanks and planes and Betty!) - however, in Endgame Hulk and Banner worked together to use hulk’s strength and power to tame the infinity stones for a moment brief enough for Banner to command them to bring everyone back. That was his blow to Thanos and whilst he didn’t strike him physically he did hit him where he would feel it most keenly, by undoing his “greatest achievement”.

Without hulk they could never have achieved that victory. And hulk needed to first be bested by someone (Thanos) physically to show him that he could not just rely upon raw power alone, so prompting the coming together of Hulk and Banner.

If he didn’t get the lame arm from the snap then it would have been a disservice to the power of the stones and the weight of hulk’s choice to make the snap in the first place. Plus if he was then punching people / Thanos minutes later it would have done nothing to sell his injury.

I know others will disagree but I really enjoyed hulk’s arc. It was rewarding to see Hulk finally balance the duality of his being and find peace within himself.

My problem with doing away with smash Hulk is that I love that Hulk, and we’re not getting just Hulk movies, so any time he works into an ensemble movie, I’m hoping to get what I love because it’s the only way. If we got smash Hulk more in his own movies, I’d probably be more ok with the arc.

As a Hulk lover, I now find 2003 disappointing, 2008 is a favorite, Avengers is great, Ultron is good, Ragnarok is pretty good and the final Avengers films were lacking, that’s all we’ve got,

I know hulk smash is satisfying but it doesn’t really show any growth for the character, we saw hulk smash good in Avengers and AOU already. His finale in end game was the finger snap and I think that was great thematically. Hulk is normally an out of control expression of rage and pain that ends up hurting the people that he and banner love (and bystanders and tanks and planes and Betty!) - however, in Endgame Hulk and Banner worked together to use hulk’s strength and power to tame the infinity stones for a moment brief enough for Banner to command them to bring everyone back. That was his blow to Thanos and whilst he didn’t strike him physically he did hit him where he would feel it most keenly, by undoing his “greatest achievement”.

Without hulk they could never have achieved that victory. And hulk needed to first be bested by someone (Thanos) physically to show him that he could not just rely upon raw power alone, so prompting the coming together of Hulk and Banner.

If he didn’t get the lame arm from the snap then it would have been a disservice to the power of the stones and the weight of hulk’s choice to make the snap in the first place. Plus if he was then punching people / Thanos minutes later it would have done nothing to sell his injury.

I know others will disagree but I really enjoyed hulk’s arc. It was rewarding to see Hulk finally balance the duality of his being and find peace within himself.

:clap
Well said.

HAK_Dolby_DiscoverIt_RGB_1-scaled.jpg

That said, if we're going to depart from it, I think what they're doing with it now is better than any sequel after '81.

Not for me.

Because getting away from the shape for me represents having a Jason Voorhees style imposing killer who is in your face up front and brutal and Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies did that better than the 2018 “sequel” to 78.

This movie has potential to be better than the Zombie ones in the brutal department but the whole town uprising plot is just a rip off from H4 is it not?

But decades upon decades of NON SHAPE movies is just sad really.

For me, what I like about 2018 and what this seems to be doing, is if you're going to not stay true to The Shape concept, then at least do something interesting with your story. The exploration of Laurie's PTSD in 2018 was well done to me, and this looks like a continuation of that, expanding on the impact it had on more than just her, but everyone that encountered Michael back in '78.

The mob idea is certainly inspired by H4, but this is a much bigger scope. H4 was just the father of one of the deceased heading out with his drunk pals, this is literally an entire town incited.

I enjoyed Halloween 1,2,3,and 4 alot. The 2018 was a interesting take as well for Laurie's character. I thought 4 was a worthy sequel to the second one because they still tied into the first 2 movies and Pleasance as Loomis is was great in this one. I didn't care for the Zombie movies much because it was more like seeing Myers in the same universe as the Devil's rejects. I prefer Zombie doing his own thing.

For me, what I like about 2018 and what this seems to be doing, is if you're going to not stay true to The Shape concept, then at least do something interesting with your story. The exploration of Laurie's PTSD in 2018 was well done to me, and this looks like a continuation of that, expanding on the impact it had on more than just her, but everyone that encountered Michael back in '78.

The mob idea is certainly inspired by H4, but this is a much bigger scope. H4 was just the father of one of the deceased heading out with his drunk pals, this is literally an entire town incited.
Fair enough you raise enough good points that I agree with which is why I will be there opening night lol

My mom and I are going to see this when it comes out. Movie looks pretty good and so many cast members from the original coming back in it.

Fair enough you raise enough good points that I agree with which is why I will be there opening night lol

I'm going to have to wait, I'm seeing it with a good friend buy they're leaving for vacation opening day and won't be back til the following weekend.

What the hell is the shape?

He da main man...

VgbPc.jpg

In the actual script, the first usage of "the shape" is used to describe the mask Myers wears...

"Darkness, with a small shape in the center of the screen. As MAIN TITLES CONTINUE OVER, CAMERA SLOWLY MOVES IN on the shape.

We get closer and closer until we see that the shape is a Halloween mask. It is a large, full-head platex rubber mask, not a monster or ghoul, but the pale, neutral features of a man weirdly distorted by the rubber. ."

Subsequently, the mask (originally designed by Don Post (later becomming Don Post Studios)) was referred to as "The Shape"

https://movies.stackexchange.com/qu...d-as-the-shape-in-the-first-2-halloween-films

Back