Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched this last night and overall I liked it. Some nice throwbacks to the original halloween night in 78. Michael's movements in the flashbacks were more like the original shape. There is an explanation that works for me as far as where he goes and why. Loomis on screen again was cool and fitting. I am looking forward to the next one to see how they end the trilogy.

Watched this last night and overall I liked it. Some nice throwbacks to the original halloween night in 78. Michael's movements in the flashbacks were more like the original shape. There is an explanation that works for me as far as where he goes and why. Loomis on screen again was cool and fitting. I am looking forward to the next one to see how they end the trilogy.

I'm guessing Nick Castle played him the flashbacks. Then grew a few inches and became Courtney for the present day scenes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Holy crap is this movie for real?

I am not kidding when I say that Halloween Resurrection is a masterpiece when compared to this

I can not believe what I just watched this has to be some kind of joke.

This is really embarrassing.

Holy crap Blum/Mcbride/Green/Carpenter/Curtis….

HOLY CRAP what have you done.

What have you made.

Last edited:
Holy crap is this movie for real?

I am not kidding when I say that Halloween Resurrection is a masterpiece when compared to this

I can not believe what I just watched this has to be some kind of joke.

This is really embarrassing.

Holy crap Blum/Mcbride/Green/Carpenter/Curtis….

HOLY CRAP what have you done.

What have you made.
Oh no lol

There are no words to describe the embarrassing atrocity this movie is.

If craps on Halloween 78….hard

It craps on logic.

It craps on what a realistic response in even the most under developed nation would be to a serial killer on the loose.

There were many many scenes where you just stare in disbelief at the events unfolding on the screen.

It craps on logic.

It craps on what a realistic response in even the most under developed nation would be to a serial killer on the loose.

There were many many scenes where you just stare in disbelief at the events unfolding on the screen.
That feels like most horror films lol

It craps on logic.

"Evil dies tonight! Evil dies tonight!"

:lol

In my post in the review thread I wrote, "it often felt like a corny straight to video horror from the 1980s."

Michael and the ending redeemed the bad parts for me.

Just got back from it. Overall the film has quite a few problems, but a lot of it worked for me.

Sure, there's a lot of cringe worthy moments where people attempt to stop Michael when you know that the only smart option would be to run away and get as far away from the town as possible, but stuff like that is pretty common for horror movies.

The biggest problem is:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Despite these bad moments though, there is a cool flashback scene in to '78 that is really well done, and Michael is genuinely a terrifying presence. Characters from the last movie are also used pretty well; with the exception of Laurie who mostly stays on the sidelines.

Final verdict is that despite its flaws it is definitely worth the watch. Its very far from being the new crown jewel of the Halloween franchise, but in a series that is admittedly a mixed bag, its far from the worst either.

Tommy, Lindsey, Marion and Lonnie being together was ridiculous.

Their dialogue and exposition were ridiculous.

The mob thing was ridiculous.

The couple living in the Myers house was ridiculous.

The old black lady with the old white guy was ridiculous they didn’t even feel like a real couple especially with their foul mouths yeah an old black lady is always flying a toy drone wtf lol

Hell the emotional connection between Michael and his mom from the Zombie remake was better handled than any emotions from this movie.

Lindsey, Tommy and Bracket made me feel nothing like they weren’t even the same characters from 78.

It was cringe worthy watching fat old man Cyphers act in this.

Loomis talked to Hawkins like he had known him for 20 years and what a dumb question Loomis asked him.

I will admit that I wasn’t expecting Loomis that was a surprise.

The kills were only ok nowhere as gory as I was expecting/hoping.

Literally the only good thing in this entire movie was from a background character mother finding her son dead on the hospital morgue table that was it and it lasted five seconds lol

Just having Halloween music does not make a good Halloween movie.

The narrative was a disjointed mess of trying to explain his “home” obsession and not “laurie” obsession.

Crosses over the line into stupidity way beyond acceptable.

This movie is a disgrace.

Last edited:

The old black lady with the old white guy was ridiculous they didn’t even feel like a real couple especially with their foul mouths yeah an old black lady is always flying a toy drone wtf lol

Hell the emotional connection between Michael and his mom from the Zombie remake was better handled than any emotions from this movie.

Lindsey, Tommy and Bracket made me feel nothing like they weren’t even the same characters from 78.

Loomis talked to Hawkins like he had known him for 20 years and what a dumb question Loomis asked him.

Literally the only good thing in this entire movie was from a background character mother finding her son dead on the hospital morgue table that was it and it lasted five seconds lol

The narrative was a disjointed mess of trying to explain his “home” obsession and not “laurie” obsession.

This movie is disgrace.
Sorry you didn't like it at all. I agree with some of the issues you have with it though. The mob and the Big John Little John was cringe for sure. I liked seeing Loomis again and I actually like the explanation about where Michael was going. The flashback scene Michael was very eerie especially when he is captured. I enjoyed this more than the Rob Zombie films

Sorry you didn't like it at all. I agree with some of the issues you have with it though. The mob and the Big John Little John was cringe for sure. I liked seeing Loomis again and I actually like the explanation about where Michael was going. The flashback scene Michael was very eerie especially when he is captured. I enjoyed this more than the Rob Zombie films
No one felt like a real human lol

I honestly didn’t like this movie either . It felt way to … slow and the hospital plot with that one guy they were chasing took way to long to wrap up. Just wasn’t feeling it.
Also anybody laugh there ass off when she grabs the doctor from the mob of people , slams him against the wall, and knees him in his nuts? Then she falls over in pain . Lol

Terrible. Just terrible.

They threw any mystery out the window.

Apparently they consulted Dean Cundey (78's Director of Photography) for tips on how to shoot Michael, then pulled a Kathy Kennedy and threw everything in the bin.

During the mob arrack near the end, all I could think about this scene was walter's edited for tv ' this is what happens when you fight a stranger in the alps!'

This movie is a disgrace.
:lol

I liked it :)

I cant argue about how stupid the mob was.. BUT it was so stupid and over the top I was laughing and found it enjoyable.

I liked the old couple

I liked the couple in the Myers house. I thought the film did a decent job of me not wanting to see people get killed.

I dont think any of us are the same people we were in 1978 :)

I thought the Kills were great and plenty gory.. Plus people did not die right away... Pretty gruesome I thought.

I prefer a Michael without a Laurie obsession. Since it really makes no sense if you make them Brother and sister. You end up in the same trap that all the other Halloween films had to follow.

Mob was stupid and that really was it for me. I thought it was a fun slasher and the guy playing Michael was great.

No way this is worse then Resurrection.

Halloween Rankings (That have Myers in it)

The Best
1. Halloween 1978 - Perfect, nothing in this series is close.

The Good

2. Halloween 2 1981 - Good
3. Halloween H20 - Good but a bit boring
4. Halloween Kills - Good but very silly at times
5. Halloween 2018 - Good but very silly at times

The Bad
6. Halloween 4 - Not awful but not as good as many make it out to be. Awful Michael Myers (He has no neck)
7. Rob Zombies Halloween 2 - Yep I kind of dont hate it
8. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - Bad but watchable due to the atmosphere
9. Halloween 5 - Bad

The Ugly
10. Rob Zombies Halloween - Awful

The Unwatchable
11. Halloween Resurrection - Worse then Awful

Back