GUESS the next SW 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Remember this game? We used to play it at least once a month, back when it all started. Well, its been a long time since anyone has tried guessing -- as SS has kept us "off balance" with Dejarik tables and Bubos.

So, in all hopes that Thursday will bring us our next hint or Preview of a honest-to-goodness 12" 1/6th figure, let the guessing begin...

When we last left off, the popular choices were Greedo, Palpatine, Old Ben and Lando.

Since sources have revealed that there are a few Sith for the offering this year for sure, then I have to go with either Palpatine (ROTJ) or Dooku.

But I still want BEN! BEN! BEN! the most.

My bet is Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi, there's been a strong show of Obi-Wan love from Sideshow so far, he was a critical character of the saga, a key player in ANH, and of the 2 key characters of the saga, at least in my opinion, Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader, Obi-Wan wouldn't require any R&D to make happen so could easily make the slate. If not Obi, I'd like to see definitive ROTJ Palpatine, and in either case, I hope Andy B. did the sculpting before his departure.

Old Ben is a safe guess, particularly with that Dejarik table now a reality. If they are going to give us droids at SDCC, then Old Ben would be a nice advance piece that would still work in the Falcon environment.

Its already March... we need to get this whole ANH/OT celebration going!

There isnt going to be one. That's right, the Star Wars line is being put "on hold". The last thing we are getting is the Chess Table. Now shut up and dont wine!

:rolleyes:

Nah, I say the next thing they annouce will be the CIV exclusive and it will be ... Darth Malak.

I am guessing that the next announcement will be one that will knock my socks on their ass, and be the guy responsible for the whole evil empire: Palpatine!:emperor

I'd love to get Greedo though

Captain Aldeggon said:
Captain Antilles and Rebel Fleet Troopers from ANH. :D

I would love this, or just a blockade trooper, but my guess is Padame.

If it needs to be ANH related to tie in with the 30th anv. The first figure will be of course Luke (farmer outfit)

Wor-Gar said:
Its already March... we need to get this whole ANH/OT celebration going!

At this point, I don't even care if it's ANH/OT, I just want some more figures announced, just feels too quiet, this time last year we had heard of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Kit, Han and Mace. This year, we've only had 2 previews by this point, and no sign of Plo or Leia, the next to ship, coming soon, so I'm itching to see what's coming, even if they're 3rd and 4th quarter releases, I just want to see what they've done.

It's going to be that old hermit as the New Hope 12" start to roll off the assembly line--- farmboy Luke close behind... CHewie & the droids by the summer (at IV?).

I just thought of a good way to handle the CIV exclusive in a way like the Vader figure, release ANH Han Solo as a standard figure, then give him a Mos Eisley base with exclusive gloved hands for the CIV figure, that way it's a unique figure but wouldn't be so different it'd cause issues.

MaulFan said:
I just thought of a good way to handle the CIV exclusive in a way like the Vader figure, release ANH Han Solo as a standard figure, then give him a Mos Eisley base with exclusive gloved hands for the CIV figure, that way it's a unique figure but wouldn't be so different it'd cause issues.

That makes sense. I'm sure they'll do something like that. These con exclusives are suppose to be small variations, like Ani's Sith eyes. Of course, its usually the con exclusive that everyone wants so it might as well be something completely unique.

What if they release a farmboy Luke and then the CIV exclusive is the same figure in his x-wing togs? (to coincide with a new fig---Wedge or Biggs--- in the military line for later this year?) Easy enough to do.

DarthNeil said:
What if they release a farmboy Luke and then the CIV exclusive is the same figure in his x-wing togs? (to coincide with a new fig---Wedge or Biggs--- in the military line for later this year?) Easy enough to do.

Too drastic a variation though, a likely Luke would be a mirror to the PF, add the poncho and hat as convention exclusives.

Back