Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I've been waiting to see this guy on screen for years. And instead I get Wil Poulter in drag.
1676482218920.png

The Golden Goober and the Purple Cenobite are in no way what I thought I'd get when Warlock and the Evolutionary came to the MCU, I'll tell you that...

It does seem that the MCU formula, and humor, has run its course. It all looks so dated now. Not hip and new. Just... been there, done that... for a long, long time. Dated, may be a better word.

Its like comedy. A good comedian or comedic style -- be he Mel Brooks or Jim Carrey or everyone inbetween -- has maybe 3-6 years of a good run before their material/style gets stale. You then reinvent... or you go away for 7 years and hope for a resurgence/comeback. It's that way with a lot of things. It's part of the miracle that the MCU's master plan worked for as long as it did. But now... it is over.
Totally agree- MCU has run it's course as being trend setters and the "in" thing for audiences. Kids may still go and drag parents, the nerds will continue to go but not go five times to see the same movie. It is actually boring to me to watch the phase four films. I have seen it all before- done better and funny but not forced. Love the early films still such as Iron Man, Avengers. The box office is dwindling as well. Is it near the end of the superhero films? No- they still bring in considerable money. We need something fresh and new. DC by Gunn? We will see. Skeptical. Boy does DC need a monster hit. The Batman made good money but still not huge in the best of the MCU stratosphere.

Totally agree- MCU has run it's course as being trend setters and the "in" thing for audiences. Kids may still go and drag parents, the nerds will continue to go but not go five times to see the same movie. It is actually boring to me to watch the phase four films. I have seen it all before- done better and funny but not forced. Love the early films still such as Iron Man, Avengers. The box office is dwindling as well. Is it near the end of the superhero films? No- they still bring in considerable money. We need something fresh and new. DC by Gunn? We will see. Skeptical. Boy does DC need a monster hit. The Batman made good money but still not huge in the best of the MCU stratosphere.
They might say that but fans still think is the gold standard and will see anything from other studios as lesser, point being I watched antman at a different theater today and people sat quiet watching the flash trailer not even a cheer when batman popped up but the guardians 3 trailer brought in laughs left and right. Crazy world we live in.

Well, people wanted diversity.

Vicellous Reon Shannon - Wikipedia

Majors is the new Vicellous Reon Shannon, but with more marketing behind him.

Shannon was cast in The Hurricane, back when Denzel Washington was desperate for an Oscar for Best Actor by any means possible, and was rolling out Oscar Bait type films one after another. Everyone kept singing the praises of VRS again and again. Because he had to be special if Denzel handpicked him.

Then eventually it just became clear the kid couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Kind of like Chris O'Donnell in Scent Of A Woman. Everyone kept praising him for his performance and he was once a really hot property as a young actor, and they kept saying he held his own against Al Pacino. Then it just became clear Pacino was carrying the kid the entire way and that COD just sort of sucked as an actor.

There are lots of actors who don't bring anything special. Scott Caan is basically cannon fodder. If not for his famous father, he'd never touch a movie set in his life. If he had a regular family, the guy would be a truck driver somewhere ( not that there is anything wrong with being a truck driver for a living, but he wouldn't be a TV regular)

James Spader is special. He can take some pretty bad writing and a kind of wonky premise like Boston Legal and The Blacklist and just make it a hit. Amy Adams is special, Arrival could have gone very wrong and very fast, but it had a great director and she carried that film on her back. People have the "It Factor" or they don't. Lots of people wanted Anna Kendrick to be a much bigger star, but she's kind of a fill in the blanks kind of actress. However Florence Pugh can take a film like Fighting With My Family, which was actually a pretty tough role, and drag it upwards all by herself.

Let's just be straight about it. These young good looking guys who become Hollywood breakouts, are we all going to pretend away why it's happening? The kid was just picked out of the crowd and it's a great underdog story?

Or did someone like Gus Van Sant just want to see upstarts like Matt Damon, Rob Brown and Joaquin Phoenix get on their knees?

Now Phoenix ended up turning out some great performances. But is Matt Damon all that irreplaceable? He's just the guy everyone called when DiCaprio and Depp turned down their roles.

Most of the time, we just end up getting whom the most powerful producers and directors think are cute and want to see naked. Look at young Paul Rudd, if we want to drag it back to Ant Man, pictures of him back during his Clueless days, are some of you telling me that some of you can't see him being a tasty morsel for someone like David Geffen or Joel Schumacher?

I don't think Majors is a bad actor. I just don't see him as a particularly good actor. But once he takes off his shirt and looks sweaty for Creed 3, some 70+ year old producer that looks like the Crypt Keeper is going to want to cast him. First in a hot tub. Then in a forgettable role.

Shannon was cast in The Hurricane, back when Denzel Washington was desperate for an Oscar for Best Actor by any means possible, and was rolling out Oscar Bait type films one after another. Everyone kept singing the praises of VRS again and again. Because he had to be special if Denzel handpicked him.

Then eventually it just became clear the kid couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Kind of like Chris O'Donnell in Scent Of A Woman. Everyone kept praising him for his performance and he was once a really hot property as a young actor, and they kept saying he held his own against Al Pacino. Then it just became clear Pacino was carrying the kid the entire way and that COD just sort of sucked as an actor.

There are lots of actors who don't bring anything special. Scott Caan is basically cannon fodder. If not for his famous father, he'd never touch a movie set in his life. If he had a regular family, the guy would be a truck driver somewhere ( not that there is anything wrong with being a truck driver for a living, but he wouldn't be a TV regular)

James Spader is special. He can take some pretty bad writing and a kind of wonky premise like Boston Legal and The Blacklist and just make it a hit. Amy Adams is special, Arrival could have gone very wrong and very fast, but it had a great director and she carried that film on her back. People have the "It Factor" or they don't. Lots of people wanted Anna Kendrick to be a much bigger star, but she's kind of a fill in the blanks kind of actress. However Florence Pugh can take a film like Fighting With My Family, which was actually a pretty tough role, and drag it upwards all by herself.

Let's just be straight about it. These young good looking guys who become Hollywood breakouts, are we all going to pretend away why it's happening? The kid was just picked out of the crowd and it's a great underdog story?

Or did someone like Gus Van Sant just want to see upstarts like Matt Damon, Rob Brown and Joaquin Phoenix get on their knees?

Now Phoenix ended up turning out some great performances. But is Matt Damon all that irreplaceable? He's just the guy everyone called when DiCaprio and Depp turned down their roles.

Most of the time, we just end up getting whom the most powerful producers and directors think are cute and want to see naked. Look at young Paul Rudd, if we want to drag it back to Ant Man, pictures of him back during his Clueless days, are some of you telling me that some of you can't see him being a tasty morsel for someone like David Geffen or Joel Schumacher?

I don't think Majors is a bad actor. I just don't see him as a particularly good actor. But once he takes off his shirt and looks sweaty for Creed 3, some 70+ year old producer that looks like the Crypt Keeper is going to want to cast him. First in a hot tub. Then in a forgettable role.

I agree with this... except I really like Matt Damon.

Victor ?

All of the usual nerd outrage clickbait farmers on youtube are now gloating that this movie is going to "FLOP massively at the box office!!!"

First of all, why would they think that? Will it make a billion dollars? Probably not. But I see no reason it shouldn't be a successful film. It's the only movie since Endgame that retains the cast, crew, and characters of the pre-Phase 4 stuff. People love GOTG. I would think it'll be the highest box office since Spider-Man.

And secondly...who cares? Who takes glee in how much or how little these movies make? Yes, I understand everyone hate Disney. But I thought most nerds tended to like James Gunn and Chris Pratt and the GOTG in general. I don't understand this need to hate stuff that you seemed to like just a year or two ago. It makes no sense to me. What does anyone have against GOTG? It's not a "girl boss" movie. Yeah, I get hating on TLJ or Ghostbusters 2016 or Captain Marvel, but what did Guardians ever do to anyone?

Well, I would say there is plenty to be lacking in this.

First, supposedly it's not currently tracking too well as far as interest goes considering it comes out in only a couple weeks. So the estimates for opening weekend are not very high. Then there's many factors why some fans are angry or rather just don't seem to care...

It's been speculated that most of the team is gonna die, so this is their send off. So people are not too happy with that. Phase 4 has mostly been pointless and luck luster and with this ending it has little bearing on any future stories going forward. And with James Gunn first fired by Disney, then brought back only to be leaving to head up the new DCU, how much energy did he actually put into this since he probably doesn't care much. As seen with the Holiday Special which was pretty lackluster to most. High Evolutionary is yet another race swap and looks dumb. Warlock is totally pointless to introduce at this point in the game as he was an essential character in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, and visually he looks pretty bad as well. And many comic fans follow and appreciate both the MCU & DCU. So theres also much discontent with James Gunn and all his DC plans and announcements and the sacking of most of the Snyderverse actors. So, now people are unhappy with him as well as Disney's mishandling of the MCU since Endgame..

These are my guesses. And I'm sure there's more too... :lol

Personally I just don't care about the MCU anymore. This is a watch on D+ for me at best. Depending on what I read once it's released and I even have any interest in it anymore.

All of the usual nerd outrage clickbait farmers on youtube are now gloating that this movie is going to "FLOP massively at the box office!!!"

First of all, why would they think that? Will it make a billion dollars? Probably not. But I see no reason it shouldn't be a successful film. It's the only movie since Endgame that retains the cast, crew, and characters of the pre-Phase 4 stuff. People love GOTG. I would think it'll be the highest box office since Spider-Man.

And secondly...who cares? Who takes glee in how much or how little these movies make? Yes, I understand everyone hate Disney. But I thought most nerds tended to like James Gunn and Chris Pratt and the GOTG in general. I don't understand this need to hate stuff that you seemed to like just a year or two ago. It makes no sense to me. What does anyone have against GOTG? It's not a "girl boss" movie. Yeah, I get hating on TLJ or Ghostbusters 2016 or Captain Marvel, but what did Guardians ever do to anyone?
Lol ironically a quote from Spider-Man comes to mind now that I see people turning on the mcu

“In spite of all you done for them eventually they will hate you”

These are my guesses. And I'm sure there's more too... :lol

Personally I just don't care about the MCU anymore. This is a watch on D+ for me at best. Depending on what I read once it's released and I even have any interest in it anymore.
Was never a Guardians fan, a Pratt fan....but IMO G2 is mostly saved by Kurt Russell. Bathroom humor, and IMO an overload of Guardians in IW/EG - and IMO Gunn can't write. The Russos had that "collaborative" approach to IW so Gunn and Pratt wrote the Guardians stuff.

Gamora's speech dragged on forever; she didn't act like herself in IW, boring stuff like throwing the food bowl; then the Christmas special got cheesy. The whole staring thing in IW to me wasn't funny; it was stupid.

So yeah, for me it's a D+ view, whenever. Also, isn't that the actor who had a spider bite in an unmentionable area in "We're the Millers" (which was actually funny). I just can't think of that person as Warlock WTF. Warlock should've been, dunno, something exotic, handsome, etc. Like Lee Pace except he's been taken.:slap

Tbh the gotg game is just way better representation of the characters for me. Way more heart and soul and I actually wished people acknowledged that more. It’s miles better than the movies for me which were just also to silly. The game has so much heart and great moments. I know they took elements from the films but still it’s done better.

Tbh the gotg game is just way better representation of the characters for me. Way more heart and soul and I actually wished people acknowledged that more. It’s miles better than the movies for me which were just also to silly. The game has so much heart and great moments. I know they took elements from the films but still it’s done better.
Shame the gameplay in the game sucks though.

Back