Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $520? These prices are getting a little out of hand. It's like each piece creeps up even more. Shouldn't the inclusion of PVC make it a little cheaper instead of more expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding ding ding. :) This has been done on many pieces in the past (the recent Vampirella is one that comes to mind that had use of more pliable PVC to prevent breakage on certain items on her base) and will be done in the future. So things like the straps on his satchel, collar, etc will have use of PVC to try and prevent breaking issues during transport and also handling by those once they have him in hand.

On a related note...PVC will also be used for items that need details to really shine through that get lost in the casting of resin (such as a body/armor/costume/etc that has overly intricate details sculpted into it like highly involved patterns, involved tattoos/scarring, artwork, etc) or need sleekness (such as pieces of armor).

-SideshowAlex
Are green goblins eyes going to stare at spidey? This angle isn't good enough to tell. uploadfromtaptalk1449782120931.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

If I cave and grab goblin I'll display them on each side of my monitor.

CaHobbit, will the brown costume Wolverine PF have any PVC parts and or the body?

The arrows attached to the base would more than likely be PVC. The body, portraits, base would utilize polystone.

Wow, $520? These prices are getting a little out of hand. It's like each piece creeps up even more. Shouldn't the inclusion of PVC make it a little cheaper instead of more expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an interesting misconception occurring that PVC = cheaper. The cost of using PVC is more expensive than polystone up to a certain point. If you're making 2000+ of an item in PVC the cost will start coming down and then 4000+ comes down a little more and so on.

Are green goblins eyes going to stare at spidey? This angle isn't good enough to tell. View attachment 228395

These two pieces weren't able to actually be photographed together at the time Green Goblin was finished, so what you're seeing is a comped image. They are intended to line-up better than what is shown in that comped together image.

-SideshowAlex

No interest in this statue but kudos to Alex for always coming here and answering questions. You rock :clap

Where is this $20 voucher that people are talking about?

It's a pack out postcard that gets sent in outgoing packages from our warehouse. There's typically a new one sent out every month. They are valid on select In-Stock and Pre-Order items (Pre-Order items are blocked from use with this coupon for around 2 months from the time they hit the site for order).

-SideshowAlex

Nice piece to go with spidey but it says pvc and polystone no way this should cost more than 500. Cheaper material cheaper price

Negatives: What's going on with no exclusive? Not that SS exclusives have really provided much additional kick lately but cmon it would be nice.. What the falcon guys?! Who pulls that ****e..Uuughhh

..the glider looks a bit plain and uugh that bland gray/silver color..and the smoke clouds seem a little funky. Something with the white color doesn't sit well with me.

Positives: the sculpt is great..the colors and details are great (except glider and smoke)....his outfit looks amazing...Pose is awesome and dynamic....the stitching, ears and goggles are superb.... and well I don't have a GG in my collection

I'm not even going to discuss price, I'm so numb from reading this thread the past week.

All in all, this is a close one, a nail biter if you will. Its just the no exclusive has me very salty. But because I have the Spidey PF and Symbiote PF on deck already w/o a green goblin, I'll will most likely pick this guy up no doubt.

However, no exclusive means no rush for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

On a related note...PVC will also be used for items that need details to really shine through that get lost in the casting of resin (such as a body/armor/costume/etc that has overly intricate details sculpted into it like highly involved patterns, involved tattoos/scarring, artwork, etc) or need sleekness (such as pieces of armor).

-SideshowAlex

Finer detail with less breakage can only be a good thing, still falls under mixed media too.

Bring on Ghost Rider.

Back