Gravity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My absolute favourite movie of the year. Stunning achievement. Downloaded the original soundtrack today which is fantastic. Hopefully we get a nice BD release.

I don't get out to the movies very often, but my Wife and I managed to sneak out for this one. I'm not usually big on 3D, but I feel like it really made this movie. Afterwards there was another showing of the same movie still playing in 2D, so I went in to catch a few minutes and compare. I left thinking that I can never again watch this movie unless it is in 3D, and I don't think there is any other movie I have felt that way about.

My only problem with this movie is it was so damn good in IMAX 3D, that I feel it's not going to translate well to home cinema.

This was my favourite piece

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3opF0hpWMs[/ame]

My only problem with this movie is it was so damn good in IMAX 3D, that I feel it's not going to translate well to home cinema.

It will be interesting to see how much is lost on home viewing. At its core, it's still a very good movie, and isn't just an effects extravaganza. But let's be real, the reason people had such visceral reactions to the movie was because they were sucked into the movie through a big screen, and a bigger screen with IMAX.

I can't stop thinking about this movie/experience. I can only liken it to a fairground thrill ride, when you get off you just want another go.

I agree, at it's core it's a decent film, but seeing it in 3D IMAX is the only way to see this film unfortunately. The major appeal will be lost on home viewing I think.

I can't stop thinking about this movie/experience. I can only liken it to a fairground thrill ride, when you get off you just want another go.

I agree, at it's core it's a decent film, but seeing it in 3D IMAX is the only way to see this film unfortunately. The major appeal will be lost on home viewing I think.

Yup, I was "drunk" of it for about 2 days :lol

As will I, but I am not kidding myself, I won't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

As will I, but I am not kidding myself, I won't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

Without its cinematic context it's a bog-standard and very ordinary narrative. That's also the beauty of it imo, it's a film that was made for cinema. The spectacle is why I enjoyed it so much, it was the first time in years where I've been to the cinema and experienced something I couldn't at home. I think once the initial run is over it'll be on repeat schedules all over the place.

Couldn't agree more. The narrative is so simple and that's it's strength as well in many ways.

This film was definitely about the IMAX 3D experience though.

It will be interesting to see how much is lost on home viewing. At its core, it's still a very good movie, and isn't just an effects extravaganza. But let's be real, the reason people had such visceral reactions to the movie was because they were sucked into the movie through a big screen, and a bigger screen with IMAX.

Not me. That had very little to do with why I saw it again - and why I will love it on my 50".

Inception was a great special effects movie with a nice new Sci-Fi concept, but that's not why I watch it repeatedly. And I don't need to see it on the big screen to appreciate it.

Both Inception and Gravity have something to say about life and the human spirit that your average blockbuster does not. Neither of them require a big screen to elicit a visceral reaction.

Back