Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Finally beat it. Wow what an excellent game,wish there was more though to feed my fix. It will be sweet if Rockstar adds some expansion packs like TBOGT and TLAD. Gonna play through it again before I jump into MP.

End of story spoiler alert
Spoiler Spoiler:

Broke down after reading this thread and picked up a PS3 just so I could play this stupid game. And just so it didn't look like another one of 'daddy's toys' I picked up Smurfs2 for the kids. And now I don't get any f ***ing playtime do I, goddam weiner kids. *Mumble mutter. This is gonna take a while to get through. I'm more of a once-a-year PC gamer too, never played a console in my life - I'm still getting used to the controls. I can see the appeal of consoles though, I'm glad I finally got one.

Broke down after reading this thread and picked up a PS3 just so I could play this stupid game. And just so it didn't look like another one of 'daddy's toys' I picked up Smurfs2 for the kids. And now I don't get any f ***ing playtime do I, goddam weiner kids. *Mumble mutter. This is gonna take a while to get through. I'm more of a once-a-year PC gamer too, never played a console in my life - I'm still getting used to the controls. I can see the appeal of consoles though, I'm glad I finally got one.

Well ****ing welcome to the club its about time yo!:lol

Better late than never! Plus side is there is a huge backlog of great games on the PS3 to check out and most are cheap as **** nowadays.

how is the online ?

Get in with a good group or crew it's fun. Just running around yourself is fun. There are the asshats running around trying to kill everyone like Red Dead.

Took about 2 hours for a Sabre to spawn to use as my personal car. :lol

I found out last night that you can make your characters bump in to each other (I don't know if it's common knowledge). I was trying some stunt jumps with Michael when I came to a jump that required a bike. I tried it with the car anyway then switched to Franklin to do something else. Well, there was a good bike and the jump was only about 4 blocks away, so what the hell, might as well do the jump.

I complete the jump and there is Michael still standing there by the car I used. He says, "Fancy seeing you here. Wanna go get a drink?" I thought that was a nice touch as I assumed when you switched characters, the easy route would be to just make the others disappear off the map.

I then wasted an hour or two messing around, making characters meet, in particular, when one isn't supposed to know the whereabouts of another. They had an interesting conversation. At one point, I used a grenade to kill Trevor in a subway, so I could keep him in my sight until my wanted level went away, to make sure his dead body didn't disappear. I then switched to him and he appeared at the nearest hospital. The hospital visit didn't appear to cost anything.

The subway is a good spot to cause mayhem with minimal police involvement.

Ign just updated an article, basically no one should use multiplayer until Rockstar does another update. Also Rockstar said any character that's been deleted is gone forever and don't play right now as any new character will also be deleted. This is pretty ridiculous

I think they specifically design those interactions to happen. When you switch characters it will pick an activity to have the character to be doing--like while the Online issues were going on and it kept on sending back to the single player game it kept loading up in different locations.

how is the online ?

I think it's pretty amazing. If you can get a solid crew to roll with, it's a great online experience. I haven't had much trouble lately, although now with the word being don't go online cause you'll lose everything, I'm hesitant to go back until they fix it.

I'm level 16 now, and more missions keep opening up. The amount of fun to be had in this game is incredible.

Back