Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would they only make 800? Doesn't make any sense. If that is the case, I'm glad I ordered through Awesome Collector. I probably have a better chance.

You are correct, it doesn't make sense. I initially ordered the deluxe from Flossie's, but John was concerned about an allocation, so
I switched to the regular. They have the regular for $110.00 and I really don't need the chopper.

That deluxe version Kong will sell out. Diamond is going to carry them also, so they will be
available to comic stores. It is a great looking figure.

Is that a normal edition size for a deluxe? What about those Ric Godzilla exclusives, are there numbers on amount produced?

That deluxe version Kong will sell out. Diamond is going to carry them also, so they will be
available to comic stores. It is a great looking figure.

I agree. I'm very interested in the deluxe version. I'm probably gonna pick it up. Regular is cool, but I think the base makes it more of a statue. Also this XPLUS isn't going to be a pain to display like the beautiful Godzilla figures and their long tails. Those 12" pieces really take up a lot of shelf space for how small they are.

It seems like companies have abandoned making simple , modestly priced, 12" museum pose statues. Can you tell im a Bowen fan? I find this piece so refreshing. The majority of pieces that come out these days aren't for me. Too big and too stupid.

did I mention I really like this thing

507341685_orig.jpg

IMG_20170217_0905541.jpg

578906497_orig.jpg

148774044_orig.jpg

fb-img-1507222777253_orig.jpg

It looks like an outdated garage kit.

Funny thing is that's what I like best about it.

Please don't tell me you're the type would rather have him portrayed in the middle of doing somersaults with an incredible extensive detailed base 2x the size of the actual figure containg realistic plantation, faux water and matching Mom and Dad Kong skeletons.

It's the best for what it is. A statue of (obviously) the main character from Kong: Skull Island which is perfect in size and shaped. Some like the movie & character but not as much to buy Prime 1 version of it. I'd buy the DX one if I like the movie though.

Is that a normal edition size for a deluxe? What about those Ric Godzilla exclusives, are there numbers on amount produced?

The North American reissues usually have a run of 500. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that the Japanese releases are less than that. Understandable since X-Plus gets Japanese releases licensed only for Japan. And when they do Diamond, it's for the U.S. and Canada.

Kong is an international release and will be sold in the U.S., Japan and everywhere. Star Ace told me their best customers are in Thailand.

It's the best for what it is. A statue of (obviously) the main character from Kong: Skull Island which is perfect in size and shaped. Some like the movie & character but not as much to buy Prime 1 version of it. I'd buy the DX one if I like the movie though.

It may not even be a matter of how much you like the character and movie, I would love to own the Prime 1 piece, but my space is limited and so it my budget, knowing this piece was coming made it easier having to not get Prime 1 Kong. Sadly, Kong doesn't get as much merchandise as Godzilla and some of it isn't even that good, so any chance at a quality representation is exciting and this one certainly captures the attitude and look of him from this particular film perfectly. The pose has a clear "get off my ****ing island" posture to it.

The North American reissues usually have a run of 500. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that the Japanese releases are less than that. Understandable since X-Plus gets Japanese releases licensed only for Japan. And when they do Diamond, it's for the U.S. and Canada.

Kong is an international release and will be sold in the U.S., Japan and everywhere. Star Ace told me their best customers are in Thailand.

After looking over your article, I put an order in for the Standard as well through BBTS, I think I put in my Deluxe order quickly enough to get in on their stock, but it does seem questionable how many a particular site may get with the limited edition size.

Last edited:
I never warmed to this version of Kong, so it's just as well that I don't have the space. Produce a figure of the animatronic Kong at Universal Studios though, and I'd be shoving stuff off shelves every which way... :lol

From what I have seen on facebook and here, demand for the Kong figure is very high. I really can see the deluxe version
being allocated.
Back to Godzilla, I was able to snag one of the WF 2018 Exclusive X-Plus G95s off of Ebay for a reasonable price. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 100_4158.JPG
    100_4158.JPG
    987.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_4158 (2).JPG
    100_4158 (2).JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_4159.JPG
    100_4159.JPG
    850.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_4159 (2).JPG
    100_4159 (2).JPG
    737.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_4160.JPG
    100_4160.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 100_4160 (2).JPG
    100_4160 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Looks awesome, would be cool to see someone customize it painting the gray over it to go for the film look feel like it could look nicer than the production piece that did that.

Back