Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Godzilla vinyl, any chance X-Plus will reproduct Shin Godzilla form 3? I missed that one and now the price skyrocketed it's ridiculous for a creature with 2 minutes screentime lol.

I think that it is unlikely. Diamond can't do any of the Shin figures due to the issue with the rights to him.
But, X-Plus could re-release it down the road.

From what I've heard, at least it's not RIC exclusive. Just needed to be bought through RIC website. So X-Plus never re-release anything like it? Oh well...

For me, it's not the worst buying it right now, it's buying it and find out months later that RIC is re-releasing this thing at retail price. :duh

The fact that it could only be purchased from the RIC website makes it a RIC exclusive.
X-Plus does re-release some of their figures; like the ones that have been available through
Diamond, but there is something about the Shin license that doesn't allow it to be sold
through USA retailers.

New GMK is best GMK.

31739972_1767326063327044_4561727414106849280_o.jpg

31899346_1767326153327035_6861446156438732800_o.jpg

31768724_1767326073327043_3807782588609724416_n.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/70046

BBTS has the SH Monsterarts 4th frozen form for preorder for a suspiciously "low" price. As if it's getting US distribution. I was trying to remember but I think $140 was around the Bandai price before any middle man or shipping costs involved. Am I wrong or was this one not as expensive?

I don't think this one was that expensive. It's not a Tamashii exclusive so that's about common for a BBTS price.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/70046

BBTS has the SH Monsterarts 4th frozen form for preorder for a suspiciously "low" price. As if it's getting US distribution. I was trying to remember but I think $140 was around the Bandai price before any middle man or shipping costs involved. Am I wrong or was this one not as expensive?

I recently read on fb that the rights issue with Shin had been resolved, and that this was going to get a US distribution.
Now, I'm not stating that as fact, just passing the info along.

I don't think this one was that expensive. It's not a Tamashii exclusive so that's about common for a BBTS price.

It wasn't an exclusive, but I had to pay for it up front when I ordered it from a Japanese retailer. Everything else that I have
pre-ordered from them, I paid for when it arrived in stock. I was told that this piece was going to be a "limited" release, and as such I had to pre-pay.

This is a link to the post on fb that was talking about the rights issues with Shin being resolved.

https://www.facebook.com/SHMA.tASeries/

Last edited:
I am usually over at the Star Wars or DC sections, but I have been more focused as of late to beef up my Godzilla/Kong figures. Is anyone going to do a Skull Island film Kong besides that vinyl statue or the Mezco "flaired" version? I would really love a Monsterarts version, or even a re-release of the 2005 Kong. I stupidly sold mine and now they are way up in value. The Neca POTA Luca is getting stratospheric as well.
Also, anyone have any idea what Neca's next Goji will be? I have hopes for a 62 or 64, but would take nearly anything :)

I am usually over at the Star Wars or DC sections, but I have been more focused as of late to beef up my Godzilla/Kong figures. Is anyone going to do a Skull Island film Kong besides that vinyl statue or the Mezco "flaired" version? I would really love a Monsterarts version, or even a re-release of the 2005 Kong. I stupidly sold mine and now they are way up in value. The Neca POTA Luca is getting stratospheric as well.
Also, anyone have any idea what Neca's next Goji will be? I have hopes for a 62 or 64, but would take nearly anything :)

Well, there is the Prime 1 Kong v Skull Crawler statue if you have the money for it. I'm sure there will be other stuff along the way, especially when we get G vs KK in a few more years.
kong-skull-island-kong-vs-skull-crawler-statue-deluxe-version-prime1-studio-903156-10.jpg

Hey MaulFan, I was thinking about you when I posted the 62 Godzilla. They have been releasing a lot of MM28 pieces in the Sculptors line. Hoping they do the 1984, which I stupidly didn't get in kit form. You in if it gets released by X-Plus?

Usually the only time you get the seams like that is when they have switch out parts. Since the exclusive has no switch outs, not sure why they look so bad this time around. It bothered me when I first saw it. It SHOULD look better when the factory glues it all together.

Back