Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly did not like 2005 KK. I had such huge hopes from Jackson after LotR and a lot of the movie fell flat to me. Some ridiculous scenes, and I guess I didn't like how this Kong was like in love with Ann. I much prefer the '76 Kong to the 2005.

I didn't see it as love. If anything, the 2005 film showed us a more believable relationship between the two. She was entertaining. She challenged him. She earned his respect. The two then developed a bond having gone through so much together. It wasn't some vulgar gorilla-on-human lust where he's trying to get at her unmentionables or he's smitten.

Not that it's a realistic story by any means, but I thought Jackson did the best job with the source material. One of my favorite films.

No question it was done with love. Problem for me is it was done with too much love. It was just way too bloated. The effects scenes went on for so long. There needed to be better restraint with it. And I didn’t like what they did with Jack Black’s character. He was just way way too unlikeable.

Kong himself of course was just amazing. And the “love” story was extremely believable. After Jackson did Lord of the Rings which are my favorite trilogy, I was beyond super pumped for Kong. My expectations might have been too high.

I might need to see it again as it has been some time. I’m almost afraid to ask since it might be even more bloated, but how was the directors cut?

I didn't see it as love. If anything, the 2005 film showed us a more believable relationship between the two. She was entertaining. She challenged him. She earned his respect. The two then developed a bond having gone through so much together. It wasn't some vulgar gorilla-on-human lust where he's trying to get at her unmentionables or he's smitten.

Not that it's a realistic story by any means, but I thought Jackson did the best job with the source material. One of my favorite films.

Anybody got one of those weird offshoot yellow and green (basically more yellow than green) X-plus Gamera with the closed mouth figure?

I’m almost afraid to ask since it might be even more bloated, but how was the directors cut?

Bloated. :lol A couple additional creature scenes plus some forgettable dialogue, but it made the usually pleasant (albeit lengthy) experience of watching the film tedious even for me.

I finally received this beautiful figure today. It took way too long to get here being that it was shipped EMS,
but it is home safe and sound. I went RIC with this one mainly because of the blue spines. It is a good sized
figure, but it's not as robust as the Gigantic 62.

Attachments

• 100_4163.JPG
    100_4163.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
  • 100_4164.JPG
    100_4164.JPG
    981 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_4165.JPG
    100_4165.JPG
    780.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_4169.JPG
    100_4169.JPG
    894.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_4175.JPG
    100_4175.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • 100_4171.JPG
    100_4171.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 222
  • 100_4176.JPG
    100_4176.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
  • 100_4177.JPG
    100_4177.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • 100_4178.JPG
    100_4178.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 224
  • 100_4179.JPG
    100_4179.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
Hi Guys, I’m dipping my toes into Godzilla/kaiju vinyl collecting after a trip to Japan where I picked up a bunch of 12” monsters and scale buildings. I got the Sega Godzilla 2k and Gamera figs and love the sculpting and character design of these two!

I was wondering, what’s the best place to buy and learn about 12” CHEAP gojira and other monster figures? I’m referring to the under $60 ones. Most things I see online are for the $150+ X-Plus statues. I enjoy customizing and would like to get some of the inexpensive ones to improve.

Cool! You have a nice collection there (I envy you for the translucent 30cm burning Godzilla). The only downside to those gigantic-sized figures is... space... or the lack of. I still have no idea where to place the upcoming Bandai enormous one and the Kaiyodo.

Yea man, I am running out of space really fast. I will probably not purchase any more gigantics unless it is something really special.
That being said, I have the Gig 2000 at my LCS that I have to pick up along with several other X-Plus and Hot Toys figures. I'm pretty
sure my wallet hates me. :lol

@chip: Do you mean Kaiyodo Shin? If so, you need a desk to display it. A DESK! Sure it may not be as fat as X-Plus' but it's kinda longer and goes upward more. It also gave you museum-esque feelings because it is, in fact, a prop replica. It's kinda ruined if it doesn't have its own display space IMO.

Yea man, I am running out of space really fast. I will probably not purchase any more gigantics unless it is something really special.
That being said, I have the Gig 2000 at my LCS that I have to pick up along with several other X-Plus and Hot Toys figures. I'm pretty
sure my wallet hates me. :lol

What LCS do you use and do they have X-Plus and HT stuff in stock or is it all special order?

It's kinda ruined if it doesn't have its own display space IMO.

I think this holds true for most collections. Moreso if the collection is comprised of objects of a similarsize and color scheme. Everything ends up blending together. How you display is as important as what you display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What LCS do you use and do they have X-Plus and HT stuff in stock or is it all special order?

Ssalefish Comics in Winston-Salem, NC. They do have some X-Plus and HT stuff in stock. All of the
X-Plus stuff is usually ordered for me via Previews, but he does get some extras in sometimes. The HT
stuff is all special order, but he does get extras of the Iron Mans and Star Wars stuff.

Ssalefish Comics in Winston-Salem, NC. They do have some X-Plus and HT stuff in stock. All of the
X-Plus stuff is usually ordered for me via Previews, but he does get some extras in sometimes. The HT
stuff is all special order, but he does get extras of the Iron Mans and Star Wars stuff.

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. Heroes in Charlotte doesn't carry anything of the sort and Rebel Base (also Charlotte) carries HT and the Neca Godzilla but no X-Plus. The only store in town that had really great stuff went belly up when the manager/co-owner quit. Does Sssalefish carry any Figuarts or Monsterarts stuff?

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. Heroes in Charlotte doesn't carry anything of the sort and Rebel Base (also Charlotte) carries HT and the Neca Godzilla but no X-Plus. The only store in town that had really great stuff went belly up when the manager/co-owner quit. Does Sssalefish carry any Figuarts or Monsterarts stuff?

Yea, he gets all of the Figuarts/Monsterarts stuff. And he can order those as well.

Back