Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a gift I was sent by Secret Santa this year.
It is awesome, about 14" tall. 3a crossed with Godzilla :) The whole thing has been re-painted and looks far better than it did.

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to3_1280.jpg

Here is a gift I was sent by Secret Santa this year.
It is awesome, about 14" tall. 3a crossed with Godzilla :) The whole thing has been re-painted and looks far better than it did.

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to3_1280.jpg

If only Imperial painted godzilla like this, I'd pick one up and gladly pay more than the 10 dollars, or whatever it sold for....
It looks stylized instead of lacking.....

I'm torn, the repaint is really nice, but being a child who only had the Imperial Godzilla for nearly 10 years before Trendmasters ever came around or access to Japanese collectibles was an option, I have such a fond love for the original that it's almost hard to accept this reworking.

I'm torn, the repaint is really nice, but being a child who only had the Imperial Godzilla for nearly 10 years before Trendmasters ever came around or access to Japanese collectibles was an option, I have such a fond love for the original that it's almost hard to accept this reworking.

I'd never heard of Imperial until I got this and looked on the underside of the feet (I'm in the UK and I don't know if we had them here in the 80's).
I have looked at the original paint job and it is not good but I can see your point as you grew up with them, I would feel the same about a re-paint of He-Man.
To me this is a cool custom Zilla and a big one at that with a 3a twist, I love it (with my fresh eyes on this toy).

It's also an original Imperial, at least looks like one, the bootlegs have different skin textures and there's a dotted pattern on the spines instead of random texture.

I don't think I'd have heard of Imperial Godzilla if it weren't for growing up with one, though I have a saved search on eBay for '84/'85 Godzilla collectibles so I would have seen one eventually but probably wondered what the hell it was.

Before that came out there was only Taiwan knockoffs like this.

2cyfk1x.jpg

I don't think the knockoffs have either toho nor imperial.

I seem to recall a large imperial with two tail segments back in the day, I saw in a store called Aaahs on sunset blvd in Los Angeles in 1985,
but I could be mistaken.....this elusive, perhaps fantastic figment of my memory, being a vague recollection.....it was on display atop a shelf full of 1962 and 64 style bandai figures as well as imperial godzillas

This was in addition to the large scale 1964 version by bandai ( great monsters series)

The latest additions to my X-Plus collection, from most recent to least. Tomorrow arrives the Diamond G89. Maybe Ghidorah will accompany him, if not Wednesday.

30cm Baragon (WF 2014 exclusive light-up)
IMG_3844_zps851bcbba.jpg

Aaaaaaand the October Diamond wave...
IMG_3831_zpse585dd2d.jpg

IMG_3824_zpsdac0c0d5.jpg

IMG_3816_zps67a071e2.jpg

Back